Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Villa fans speak really highly of him. They stayed up with a worse, ramshackle squad.

Look how many of those players would get in our team, I don’t think that was a worse squad 

Edit

I actually looked at the season later initially.

still a few decent players In the 20/21 though.

Martinez 

Mings 

Cash

Targett

Mcginn

Luiz

Grealish 

Watkins 

Edited by HankMarvin

Best of Luck Fellas. I've been wanting Rafa but with Shakey back who knows the club. Terry who might sort out the defence and Smith who Villa and Brentford Fans have good opinions about they might actually give the players self belief and fight for every match. 

Can't see them settling for weak performances like Saturday so we now stand a chance of staying up 

We as fans needs to get behind the team now at home games. It's These 3 to keep us up or Bust 

• Like 1

An infinitely preferable appointment than Jesse Marsch.

Not my first choice but certainly one I can at least get behind until the end of the season more than Sadler and Stowell. 

Let’s hope they can work the miracle over these last 8 games 

• Like 4

Good stuff, pleased that’s over with!

It’s quite clearly interim too. JT has said he doesn’t want to coach any higher than youth level again for family reasons so he’s 100% only in this for 8 games.

Way I see it is if Smith and Shakey impress and keep us up they probably get themselves a nice Championship gig next season.

If they fail miserably and we’re down we won’t keep him.

Think this works for all parties. 

Hope he keeps us up and then we reassess. He was perhaps unfortunate to lose his job to the more fashionable Gerrard who fared no better.

Dig in, get some points, stay in the league and see what happens. If he impresses and gets the gig long term, let's see what he can do with a rebuild.

• Like 1

Six months ago I would have found this news depressing and laughable, but not right now. We just need someone to shout, organise, and somehow find a bounce in this dead duck of a team.

Go for it Deano! We might think we could do much better but, at this very moment, so could you! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why is it that we need two goalkeeping coaches in the shape of Sadler and Stowell? Their performance in team selection, tactics and substitutions etc, particularly last weekend,  would more than suggest that they're just as much of the problem as Rodgers!

Dean Smith and his crew need to stamp their ideas and authority on the team from the off to hopefully instill some confidence. What the players don't need is any risk of mixed messages and I think that there is ample evidence to show that the coaching has been a problem here for a long time. They managed to get rid of Congerton and that useless lump Toure, time to rid the place of any other lingering smells of the Rodgers empire. Be Vichai, be decisive, be brutal.

Sadler was a goalkeeper himself but I don't think there's any evidence he's a goalkeeping coach

• Like 1