Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

If we stay up and give them a contract it has to be a year max. We negotiate so badly, I'm surprised we managed to land an interim appointment.

We probably thought we were just booking an after dinner speech. 

Oops, I did it again. 

Edited by gw_leics772

51 minutes ago, browniefox said:

The scary thing is they will ask S&S for their opinion which could be catastrophic for Saturday's game. 

He at least apparently watched the Bournemouth game, so he will be able to apply their input to that, combined with his own opinions on the (many!) ways to improve on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I often wonder if we have experienced the best rollercoaster of any club during our last 50 years. 

It’s been pretty eventful hasn’t it!? 

Yes if you throw in some of the off field antics as well it's been quite a ride. 

I don't remember too many dull seasons 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ian S said:

He really hasn’t, what have you been watching.Always amazing how much better players seem to get when they are not actually playing.

if anyone has carried us it has been Maddison far more than Tielemans, and even  Madders is feeling the strain now.

Agree with this completely! I'm no world has Youri carried this team this season. He's been a hindrance more so than not infact. Not been at the top of his game for a while now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've  only experienced 25 years of those 50, I'd imagine our opponents Saturday could put a case forward. Both teams have won the premiership, an been in league one in my lifetime. I get the methods behind their success has been far different.

Edited by Beachyboy

2 hours ago, VintageFox73 said:

The boys look relaxed for a change, A different routine was probably all they need after Bodgers Ball.....They know they can play, we know they can play , just need to play with freedom and flair and on our day we can beat most teams, they have  proved it countless times ! I'm fully expecting Cags back in, maybe Vesty as well in certain games ( had a rough time of it, rated him at Southampton ) .... I fully expect us to to go to city and come back with at least a point, the fire in the belly will be back ! 

I took you serious till i read that bit. get in the bin, im not falling for your hopeful upbeat messages.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

A colleague supports Villa and says we'd be hard pressed to find their fans say anything bad about him. He praised the work ethic, recruitment and improvements to players. 

"I'd say he'll keep you up"

Fear it may be too late. These appointments should have been made at least 8 games ago.

• Like 1

Man.City fixture is really Carte Blanche,for our 3 Amigos.

They use this game to

# at least get their chosen players right.

# work on ( of late a decent defence) our team and B.line defence.

# middfield interfacing with both  B.line and Forwards.

#Ask Barnes & Tete to play more forward

# Getting front 6 set up correct..

# please get us back on the Front foot…

## prevent a tanking,but still showing intent.Play at least showing no lost cause.

M.City defence still needs to be threatened.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes if you throw in some of the off field antics as well it's been quite a ride. 

I don't remember too many dull seasons 

Doesn’t get much more boring than 2001-2007 

• Like 1