Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

9 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It’ll be very intriguing. I think it will be more like a positive Pearson type of press. 

Just needs to ask a reporter if he's an ostrich and his stock will be sky high

• Haha 4

I was sadly was banned for few days. I did nothing wrong and all I did was report the truth people know this. I can know give my view's here 

Right on this appointment it's not great and it's a cheap option. Dean Smith much be laughing his head off getting this job. The club could have did better here. He was never the number 1 for us. The fans have no choice to back him now.

Edited by Mendi
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Reckon this might be a successful appointment.

Terry to obviously manage the defence, Smith to do the tactics and inspire/motivate the players, whilst Shakespeare can help both of them with his knowledge of the club - a potentially excellent combination.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

If he keeps us up, I want him in charge at the start of next summer. Don't like this talk of "Who should we get if we stay up?". It's a big job, but if he pulls it off, somehow, then he deserves it permanently. Especially given the momentum survival could generate....We know about that more than anyone. 

It's just nice to hear no excuses, let alone some positivity. He's got a bit of a free swing at it, as anybody reasonable knows the decline under Rodgers has been so deep and long that it needs longer than the few weeks left of the season to fix. Also, looking at his signings at Villa, overall they seem to have been pretty strong, especially compared to Rodgers. The likes of Bailey, Buendia, Watkins, Douglas Luiz, Martinez etc would all have been welcome here. 

More of his signings are used by Emery than Gerrard's. Tells you something.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Cant wait to see all this sudden optimism disappear when  we get beat lol

It's got at least two weeks of optimism in it then seeing as most have written Saturday off. I haven't been optimistic for 2 weeks straight since the Villa and Spurs wins in February, thought we can go to Manchester and do em, they have a big European tie sandwiched between our fixture, its come full circle.

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

If we can be less than 5 points adrift after the weekend, I think it's on.

Shakey and JT dishing it out on the training pitch, if they don't give everything now they never will.

We will be doing well to be less than 5 points adrift, I think Everton win, Bournemouth lose and I think Leeds may get a point at home to Liverpool. The gap will likely be 5 points, if we don't pick up any points at the weekend. Psychological advantage if we hear any of them have dropped points before we play though.

Edited by Beachyboy

On 11/04/2023 at 21:02, ARM1968 said:

Before that. Don’t care. It’s was poor.

I would demand everything is done to the max, but that’s me. I’m a cnut. 

So Brendan, good to have you back, any idea why we had such bad "luck" with injuries. 

You faaaccckkkinnngggg ccaaaannnnntttt. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's got at least two weeks of optimism in it then seeing as most have written Saturday off. I haven't been optimistic for 2 weeks straight since the Villa and Spurs wins in February, thought we can go to Manchester and do em, they have a big European tie sandwiched between our fixture, its come full circle.

Only 2 weeks? I can't remember the last optimism I had, not in the last couple of years anyway. It's an odd feeling to have and I hope the lads can sense how we feel and feel it themselves and let themselves loose against Man City. 

I also hope Man City are thinking ****, they've been told to come at us.

Let's show what we can do. 

Edited by browniefox
Made it sound like I wanted Man City to show what they can do, not us.

14 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Only 2 weeks? I can't remember the last optimism I had, not in the last couple of years anyway. It's an odd feeling to have and I hope the lads can sense how we feel and feel it themselves and let themselves loose against Man City. 

I also hope Man City are thinking ****, they've been told to come at us.

Let's show what we can do. 

I genuinely thought we'd kick on after Villa and Spurs. Sure most of the last two years I haven't felt optimistic, so much so I didn't even watch the 2nd leg of against Roma even though it was our furthest European progression. Like I say, I had hope going into Man utd away. It only ever takes 2-3 results to change my feeling, even though I didn't have faith in the manager anymore.