Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

Have you got any more breaking news direct from Top's family for us mate? I really enjoyed your MON/Top exclusive, can't wait to see them on the touchline on Saturday.

Yh breaking news is you getting blocked or ignored at now. What a lovely name you got trolling me.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I always remember an interview with Shakey in the season before we won the league - I think it was Radio Leicester but can’t remember now. The year we lost to Watford. It was also the year Vards was rubbish. 

The reporter (probably Stringer) touched on Vardy’s first year and whether the club will be looking to get him loan move. Shakey’s response was (with hindsight) actually perfect. Said he’s progressed how we expected. He’s got a big summer in front of him and lot of extra drills we’ve devised for him but me and Nigel have told him he can be a threat in any league and emphasised any league - obviously meaning the PL. I remember listening at the time and thinking wishful thinking mate, he’ll be league one soon. 

The point is, as a coach, compared to coaching supremo Brendan Rodgers, Shakey oversaw significant developments in so many players. Drinkwater, Vardy, Morgan, De Laet, Simpson, Chilwell, James, Mahrez (just some I can remember.

Compare that to King of Coaching Brendan, Maddison, maybe Barnes, Kel ? 

My point is yes he knows the club but for me, it’s so good to have him back because genuinely an exceptional coach who many players enjoy working with. 

There was also an interview he did here pre match against someone in the 2012/13 season about Harry Kane, when all our fans thought that he wasn't that great, saying he's one of the best technical players he's seen. I remember thinking that's purely a ploy to boost his confidence but he certainly turned out to be right!! 

Got a bit of the Pearson strut in that training video. Walking around the gaff like he's doing a health and safety inspection but everyone relaxed knowing he's an alright inspector and it's likely to be a pass. 

I like what I see. 

• Haha 3

Shame we're at this point with only 8 games. Really hoping the new trio ca instill some belief and we at least finish with some purpose.

On paper it looks to have the ingredients of a potentially good coaching team and loving just seeing the new buzz it's creating. Clearly that happens a lot but you sense the trio pack a punch as this mini team and their characteristics, experience and new approach may just prove dividends regardless of the division we are in next season. 

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

So what do you reckon folks we pick up 6 wins out of the last 8, finish 14th. Stay up and then win the premier league again next season lol the cycle begins again.

Just need to get Dean Smiths son on the pre season tour and hope he gets up to no good.

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Shame we're at this point with only 8 games. Really hoping the new trio ca instill some belief and we at least finish with some purpose.

On paper it looks to have the ingredients of a potentially good coaching team and loving just seeing the new buzz it's creating. Clearly that happens a lot but you sense the trio pack a punch as this mini team and their characteristics, experience and new approach may just prove dividends regardless of the division we are in next season. 

When you see the place alive and people happy again, you can see how/why a new manager creates the "bounce" and results come good. The doom and gloom has been lifted, they will no longer be being told you're not good enough, we needed new players, you can't play how I want to, let's keep the ball so we don't concede. I imagine The three newbies are telling them how good they are, showing them videos of games where we ripped teams to pieces playing attacking football, make them believe again. 

Watch us go and beat Man City with each and every one of the lads putting in a proper shift with the correct direction and coaching they need. 

(Maybe I'm dreaming about the last part).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

When you see the place alive and people happy again, you can see how/why a new manager creates the "bounce" and results come good. The doom and gloom has been lifted, they will no longer be being told you're not good enough, we needed new players, you can't play how I want to, let's keep the ball so we don't concede. I imagine The three newbies are telling them how good they are, showing them videos of games where we ripped teams to pieces playing attacking football, make them believe again. 

Watch us go and beat Man City with each and every one of the lads putting in a proper shift with the correct direction and coaching they need. 

Imagine playing to the players strengths rather than attempting to shoehorn them into a system that repeatedly fails - it’s utter madness. 

• Like 2

It does feel a cloud has lifted, even on this forum. Smith might not have been first choice with the fans, but it’s a change and more of a Pearson-style management return. And then there’s Shakey, and we all love that bloke. The same feeing looks like it is at the training ground as well. 

It’s what we need right now and we now need to back him for all 8 games. I was going to ignore Saturday so it wasn’t happening, but maybe just maybe…..

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Even after watching them toy with Bayern the other day I'm still dreaming of us beating them. I'm well aware I'm in cloud cuckoo land but who cares :scarf:

• Like 2