Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

. I was going to ignore Saturday so it wasn’t happening, but maybe just maybe

half past midnight here... i had decided not to bother, but im zlowwly zlowwly being turned

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It does feel a cloud has lifted, even on this forum. Smith might not have been first choice with the fans, but it’s a change and more of a Pearson-style management return. And then there’s Shakey, and we all love that bloke. The same feeing looks like it is at the training ground as well. 

It’s what we need right now and we now need to back him for all 8 games. I was going to ignore Saturday so it wasn’t happening, but maybe just maybe…..

I have seen comments from fans elsewhere, I recall the Villa forum was one, questioning whether he was welcome back here and surprised he was.

It surprised me to read this as I wasn’t aware that there was a view he had left on anything but brilliant terms.

Maybe just because he was sacked that some people jump to a conclusion it was bad terms? Personally when he left the club, I would have liked him to stay and return to his previous role before he took over from Ranieri but I suppose you don’t tend to see this happen. 

Also, the fact he hasn’t pursued a management career and has gone back to being an assistant after us, for me, puts to bed the media notion that he was a ‘snake’ to Ranieri and overthrew him to get his job!

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 16:54, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m sorry, I was replying to someone saying if Smith got 5 wins out of 8 should he be given a 12 month contract. 

I was saying no and flagging the shakey example of where it isn’t always the best decision long term.

I agree with the caution mentality & concerns.

but I suppose if we did win 5 out of eight,many fans and board will be so gobsmacked,they will be dying for the 3 to pick up the pen & re-sign,and they will be given freedom of the city.

Maybe after Rodgers ,we need,someone who can build and promise getting the basics right.Bring us down a peg or 2, and humbley get us competing for top 8

instead of entitled fans whiners expecting the world…

If we just fail on GD or by one point,what is then the thought…

We fail miserably,descision is easy….( one thinks).

Such as it is ,we are desperate for them to succeed,and bring us the Great escape II.

If they did they would deserve/earn that chance at least…..wouldn’t they..:dunno:

• Like 2

Just exclude S&S from any Team selection meetings.  They had their chance and screwed us royally. 

Cones and Bibs from now on and absolutely nothing more please.   Stowell must be accountable for playing Ward for so long. If not, as Goalkeeping Coach WTF does he do?  If he was over-ruled by BR, then come out and say it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just exclude S&S from any Team selection meetings.  They had their chance and screwed us royally. 

Cones and Bibs from now on and absolutely nothing more please.   Stowell must be accountable for playing Ward for so long. If not, as Goalkeeping Coach WTF does he do?  If he was over-ruled by BR, then come out and say it.

I am still recovering from both Blackburn & Bournemouth team selections..

one with Rodgers,  one with > caretakers <

I am still working out who took care of who..:rolleyes:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

His job is to coach the goalkeepers, not to pick the team. 

Rodgers is accountable for Ward's long run in the side.

It's done. Nothing anyone says is going to change what happened.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Stowell must be accountable for playing Ward for so long. If not, as Goalkeeping Coach WTF does he do?  If he was over-ruled by BR, then come out and say it.

How do you think ward would feel if Stowell said that? Why would anyone want to shred the last vestige of confidence in a player who could easily be starting some of the most important games in years over the next few weeks? 🤔 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

His job is to coach the goalkeepers, not to pick the team. 

Rodgers is accountable for Ward's long run in the side.

It's done. Nothing anyone says is going to change what happened.

You seriously think the well-respected club veteran gk coach won't have had any influence on team selection? No "He's ready to step up" or "X has been better in training"?

Rodgers had the final call but Stowell could've definitely put pressure on to give Iversen a run far earlier in the season...

• Like 1

Just now, Xen said:

You seriously think the well-respected club veteran gk coach won't have had any influence on team selection? No "He's ready to step up" or "X has been better in training"?

Rodgers had the final call but Stowell could've definitely put pressure on to give Iversen a run far earlier in the season...

I think if you speak out against the messiah he gets you sacked, just ask Dave Rennie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

How do you think ward would feel if Stowell said that? Why would anyone want to shred the last vestige of confidence in a player who could easily be starting some of the most important games in years over the next few weeks? 🤔 

How do you the Fans will feel if we are relegated because the wrong keep was played for far too long:unsure: 

57 minutes ago, Xen said:

How do you know he didn't?

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

How do you the Fans will feel if we are relegated because the wrong keep was played for far too long:unsure: 

You’re looking backwards - what’s done can’t be changed. My comment was looking forwards - that can be affected. I’d add that the fans’ feelings will have less impact on what league we are in next season than the players’ feelings. 

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

...there is no need for him to come out and attempt to undermine Rodgers, this is certainly not the time for that!!!

Blaming  Stowell for Ward being in the team so long makes no sense, Rodgers would have made the call, I suspect doing Kasper out of the 150 appearance was something cooked up by both.

If you are Blaming Stowell for Ward then you have to give him credit for Kasper, Leeds saw him as not fit for purpose and yet he has achieved everything that could be achieved under Stowell's tutelage. 

Iversen looks in the same mould as Kasper, a very good shot stopper. Ward was the only one not getting game time. 

Sadler appeared to have taken the lead between the interim coaches, and I suspect Stowell would not have gone in the direction and setup Sadler chose.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.