Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Sorry, I probably missed or quoted the wrong person. I thought you'd said that he had some responsibility for Ward being picked. 

I think trying to coach Ward into being a Premier League goalkeeper would be an impossible task for the best coach in the world to be fair. 

...he did say that!!!

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

This pic I like, seeing the intense focused Shakespeare 

775965739-094.jpg

Please note: -  Shakey is not about to enter the ballbags as may appear if viewing the  top half of the image only. For the avoidance of doubt the whole picture as displayed when fully opened ISFW  

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

no-ones saying that we'd have done an invincibles season without him in goal though? just that a good keeper nets you an extra 10 points or so over a season, and everyone could have told you ward was a piss poor keeper after 7 games. If we go down, one of the biggest causes will be having played a league one at best keeper for 26 games. 

Nailed it.👍

• Like 2

Like a lot of people I am getting much more positive vibes from the new management/ coaching team. I just hope people realise that adapting to a new style takes a while and won't imidiately turn on them if the likely scenario of us getting well beaten by man city happens as long as we show some fight. 

Hopefully we show more fight and grit and the positive nature of this forum will carry on over the next few games and we get some much needed results

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Like a lot of people I am getting much more positive vibes from the new management/ coaching team. I just hope people realise that adapting to a new style takes a while and won't imidiately turn on them if the likely scenario of us getting well beaten by man city happens as long as we show some fight. 

Hopefully we show more fight and grit and the positive nature of this forum will carry on over the next few games and we get some much needed results

Come Saturday evening we'll be having a Smith in or out poll... mark my words 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

no-ones saying that we'd have done an invincibles season without him in goal though? just that a good keeper nets you an extra 10 points or so over a season, and everyone could have told you ward was a piss poor keeper after 7 games. If we go down, one of the biggest causes will be having played a league one at best keeper for 26 games. 

You're being very generous at 7 games 😂

• Haha 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
7 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

This pic I like, seeing the intense focused Shakespeare 

775965739-094.jpg

Shame the photo wasn't taken from the other angle it would be a candidate for "up the arse corner" in Viz. 

I really hope we go and attack teams, high press and work harder in the final third. 

No side no matter how good they are, enjoys being ran at, I've noticed with Palace, Hodgson has encouraged them to make quicker more positive runs forward and they battered us and Leeds in doing so. 

Hopefully the lads will be encouraged to get forward, you get nowhere passing sideways or backwards like Rodgers wanted. 

• Like 1