Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

I really hope we go and attack teams, high press and work harder in the final third. 

No side no matter how good they are, enjoys being ran at, I've noticed with Palace, Hodgson has encouraged them to make quicker more positive runs forward and they battered us and Leeds in doing so. 

Hopefully the lads will be encouraged to get forward, you get nowhere passing sideways or backwards like Rodgers wanted. 

Im desperate to see the end of the style of play we've adopted over the past 2 seasons. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Shakespeare seems to have come back very vocal, don't recall ever seeing him being quite as intense in clips. 

It would be typical Leicester if this trio went on to rebuild us and Shakespeare goes to in folklore, AGAIN

Our core team of coaching staff is very small. When Sandler and stowell are the caretaker, it makes you wonder why our core coaching team aren't appointed by the club rather than the manager.

BR has gone and it's like we have next to no proper coaches left.

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Knudsen should have been running the show, over Stowell and Smith.

He has always felt like a club appointment rather than BR.

I don't know how much better he would be, but he at least has managerial experience. I wonder if he is only part time with us though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kenny said:

He has always felt like a club appointment rather than BR.

I don't know how much better he would be, but he at least has managerial experience. I wonder if he is only part time with us though.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, his experience in Denmark and the US is pretty impressive.

Those are the two points. He has decent experience of actually managing a team, plus he doesn’t necessarily have the same relationships with the players that Stowell and Sadler had. We needed objectivity rather than anything that stunk of continuation. He was definitely an appointment by the club.
Also against Villa the time it took for them to make their subs, when it was clear they were going to make them was outrageous. You could tell Knudsen had little say because he didn’t leave the bench to conflab with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I still maintain that the bill of this squad is still good enough to get us out of this. A lot of people seem to think we’re doomed, what we need to remember is that Brendan lost all interest in this project, and the team became a reflection of his attitude. 

With an arm around the shoulder, and some positivity spread throughout the group, there’s no reason that we cant win the four games proceeding Man City, we have already gone on a similar run this season, so it is in us. 

If you want some optimism to start the weekend off.

Yes @Pliskin is correct, we have gone on a similar run this season, and against the same run of teams!Screenshotat2023-04-1410-04-56.jpg.201f39c0f083ed9b6f9bd310acd2ed0c.jpg

3 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

If you want some optimism to start the weekend off.

Yes @Pliskin is correct, we have gone on a similar run this season, and against the same run of teams!Screenshotat2023-04-1410-04-56.jpg.201f39c0f083ed9b6f9bd310acd2ed0c.jpg

Possible would’ve got a draw against Man City as well if not for an absolutely worldie free kick by De Bruyne

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...me too, until I realised it was one of Rodgers notepads that he had forgotten to take with him!!!

The club bought a bulk load for Rodgers they still have a few crates left so expect them to be on our seats as a gift at the next home game v Wolves 😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

Just about to say I was looking back at the last couple of training sessions and the atmosphere now  Smith & Co have come in to take over looks immeasurable compared to the drab down faces of previous training videos they’ve certainly bought a feel good factor back to the training ground !

• Like 4

18 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Stowell is well past his sell-by date and in all honesty should have gone long ago. 

Everyone appears to be at ease to "bash" one person who is no longer at the Club but there are many more just as culpable.

Based on WHAT?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Very intelligent comment about any fan that disagrees with you.

True though isn't it, attempting to pin it all on the goalkeeper is ludicrous. When we can't defend to save our skin and have relied on the individual brilliance of players for ages, have nothing in the middle and little up top other than Maddison. 

• Like 1