Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Shakespeare seems to have come back very vocal, don't recall ever seeing him being quite as intense in clips. 

It would be typical Leicester if this trio went on to rebuild us and Shakespeare goes to in folklore, AGAIN

Yes, it would be typical Leicester City wouldn't it, nothing straightforward, let's hope eh! Win or lose, there just seems a better feeling to it all, it feels more genuine rather than contrived.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

True though isn't it, attempting to pin it all on the goalkeeper is ludicrous. When we can't defend to save our skin and have relied on the individual brilliance of players for ages, have nothing in the middle and little up top other than Maddison. 

It's okay to admit Iversen is better than Ward after your bashing of him winning player of the year at Preston.

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

Press conference was uplifting. I think they’ve spotted some pretty clear issues with training methods already.

Yes, I thought so too. Smith comes across a normal decent bloke and proper manager. Humble, no ego, just about the team and a pleasant relief from the Brendan Rodgers show.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It's okay to admit Iversen is better than Ward after your bashing of him winning player of the year at Preston.

What on earth are you talking about. I never bashed him, what I did was point out that people calling him the "best keeper in the championship" was a figment of their imagination as nothing backed that up. And that winning that award at Preston proves nothing regarding his ability, considering the other players who've won it. 

Having now seen them both, I'd happily have Iversen over Ward, because at the very least he has the physicality. He still has a huge amount to prove though. And that was the point at the beginning of the season, few had seen enough of either of them to confidently claim one was better than the other. 

Edited by Babylon

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What on earth are you talking about. I never bashed him, what I did was point out that people calling him the "best keeper in the championship" was a figment of their imagination as nothing backed that up. And that winning that award at Preston proves nothing regarding his ability, considering the other players who've won it. 

Having now seen them both, I'd happily have Iversen over Ward, because at the very least he has the physicality. He still has a huge amount to prove though. And that was the point at the beginning of the season, few had seen enough of either of them to confidently claim one was better than the other. 

I can specifically remember you digging out the award because Greg Cunningham had won it previously

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I can specifically remember you digging out the award because Greg Cunningham had won it previously

Yes, that wasn't bashing the player... that's bashing people using that award as evidence of anything at all in terms of his quality for being a premier league keeper. 

I'd never watched him to bash him. 

I thought it was interesting hearing him say he decided to take the job on the basis Shakey and JT were definitely coming with him.

Which makes me wonder if those two agreed on the basis that it was just an interim gig. i.e. 8 games back at a Premier League club, why not.

Would they still have the hunger to carry on together beyond that? In which case, would Dean Smith have the resource to take us further?

I don't imagine we'll evaluate anything until the end of season anyway but maybe it is just the interim job they wanted and that's what they've got

Edited by TK95

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Based on WHAT?

He's been here since 2007 and his routine is monotonous.

I watched him before every home games in the warm ups and all I see is the same old same old, perhaps you are a late comer and miss it.

My opinion is we need fresh blood and new ideas in this department.

He was never a top rate keeper himself and somewhat of a journeyman in his earlier days.

3 hours ago, kenny said:

Our core team of coaching staff is very small. When Sandler and stowell are the caretaker, it makes you wonder why our core coaching team aren't appointed by the club rather than the manager.

BR has gone and it's like we have next to no proper coaches left.

..new managers come in with their own staff, Shakey was part of the Pearson team, we need a resident coach and that should be him!!!

Dean would have looked lost on his own. The trio would be a great team, when John Terry was part of his Villa staff together that got Villa promoted, league cup runners up, stayed up, hammered Liverpool 7-2 plus hammered Arsenal at the emirates and finish 11th. 

After Terry left Villa struggled 

Looking at Dean Smith that summer when John Terry left everything went wrong. The uncertainty over the Jack Grealish his exit didn't happen till a week before season was due to start. So had to find replacement asap. Sadly he brought in Bailey 🙄

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Dean would have looked lost on his own. The trio would be a great team, when John Terry was part of his Villa staff together that got Villa promoted, league cup runners up, stayed up, hammered Liverpool 7-2 plus hammered Arsenal at the emirates and finish 11th. 

After Terry left Villa struggled 

Looking at Dean Smith that summer when John Terry left everything went wrong. The uncertainty over the Jack Grealish his exit didn't happen till a week before season was due to start. So had to find replacement asap. Sadly he brought in Bailey 🙄

.. Grealish was literally calling the plays!!!

Hard to have seen a player with so much influence on and off the pitch as Grealish, who was not a player manager.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Grealish was literally calling the plays!!!

Hard to have seen a player with so much influence on and off the pitch as Grealish, who was not a player manager.

Interestingly I think was 2020/21 at Christmas villa were 5th in the Premier league. Not too longer later grealish is injured and villa's form dipped. Fine margins fo Deano. 

• Like 1

Such a refreshing change to hear a straight talking, honest approach to answering questions at a press conference as opposed to what we've had to listen to from Mr. 'Self Promotion' Rodgers. Whether we stay up or go down as a fan I can get fully behind Dean Smith. If the players feel the same we still have a chance of staying up.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

True though isn't it, attempting to pin it all on the goalkeeper is ludicrous. When we can't defend to save our skin and have relied on the individual brilliance of players for ages, have nothing in the middle and little up top other than Maddison. 

Yes of course it is true. You are always correct.   Ward made zero mistakes this season.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yes of course it is true. You are always correct.   Ward made zero mistakes this season.

I mean, he's not saying that, and Ward has been indisputably bad, but while Iversen looks more confident and has made some good saves, he still would have conceded some of the shots we've allowed by giving good players too much space outside the area, meaning a lot of our single goal defeats would likely have ended the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Shakespeare seems to have come back very vocal, don't recall ever seeing him being quite as intense in clips. 

It would be typical Leicester if this trio went on to rebuild us and Shakespeare goes to in folklore, AGAIN

I feel really positive about the Trio coming in to bring back the good times with all their experiences & knowledge between them to kick our lads up the arse to bring them back to the Leicester we all know and Love, it’s a big ask tomorrow against a dominant Man City and not many people are saying we will get nothing from this game which most are probably right but if we manage to sure up the defence keep them from playing their usual game we might just might get a point and what wonders that would do for their confidence for the upcoming run in ?

A wise 🤨Man once said Rodders “ HE WHO DARES WINS !! ) 🤪

Edited by justfoxes
Being to quick to post must read before posting !!😂

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I feel really positive about the Trio coming in to bring back the good times with all their experiences & knowledge between them to kick our lads up the arse to bring them back to the Leicester we all know and Love, it’s a big ask tomorrow against a dominant Man City and not many people are saying we will get nothing from this game which most are probably right but if we manage to sure up the defence keep them from playing their usual game we might just might get a point and what wonders that would do for their confidence for the upcoming run in ?

A wise 🤨Man once said Rodders “ HE WHO DATES WINS !! ) 🤪

Let's guard against revisionism here. We played well at home against Manchester City under Rodgers - what ultimately separated us was Mendy conceding a questionable set piece and subsequently a few seconds of brilliance from De Bruyne. 

If we acquit ourselves even half as well tomorrow at the Etihad as we did in the home fixture last October I will be astonished. 

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

.. every poster on FT realised how poor Ward was  in our goal!!!

There is no debate to be had in this regard.

Your premise that Stowell is to blame because because he did not bring Ward's lamentable outings to Rodgers attention, and it was the reason why Ward was kept in the team so long, defies any logic and it makes Rodgers out to be a bigger idiot than anyone else believed him to be.

Rodgers had his favourites and kept them in the team, even when their performances did not warrant their inclusion. 

I am sure if you walked into the middle of the road and was knocked down,  you would blame your partner for not teaching you the "green cross code."