Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

The damage done by Rodgers meant any bounce was going to be difficult. We haven't got much to play with but fortunately there are so many teams in poor form. This could go to goal difference and we have an advantage there. Wolves are looking a bit better but we rarely lose to them so we have some chances here. Smith will think this is winnable so we have to give everything for 90 min.

• Like 2

Dear Dean, we needed change and to be away from Rodgers. Whatever happens, you will have my support, so long as you DO NOT pick Ndidi ahead of Mendy, Praet or any other player. He is so sh*t that it is beyond a joke that he can gets picked ahead of genuinely good footballers like Mendy and Praet. How we were so much better once Mendy came in. Also pick Nachos please. In the end, we actually had enough chances to get something out of the game with Maddison and Nachos both had clear cut chances. If we select the right players, we have a chance but as I mentioned no Ndidi. We are already struggling, and if he plays there is zero chance the 10 other players on the pitch can carry this absolute shocker of a footballer who keeps waving his hands around pretending to know what he is doing and directing others (and concedes fouls and penalties).

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 2

First post here. Long time lurker. Thanks all for your great work.

If we stay up does Smith get the job for next season? Maybe not with someone else in mind given the nature of his contract.

If we go down I think he gets the job for next season to try get us up again. Is it in his interests for us to stay up?

16 minutes ago, Sol said:

. Is it in his interests for us to stay up?

100% it is, purely for his reputation and job prospects if we don't give him a job. 

Regardless of whether we stay up or go down though, his full time appointment should be based on seeing improvement during his short tenure. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sol said:

First post here. Long time lurker. Thanks all for your great work.

If we stay up does Smith get the job for next season? Maybe not with someone else in mind given the nature of his contract.

If we go down I think he gets the job for next season to try get us up again. Is it in his interests for us to stay up?

Nothing is certain till the end of season.

I think that if we stay up he will get a prize and leave while we look for a long term upgrade the board seems to be still keen on Potter.

If we get relegated and he shows decent performances and a boost it will be likely he stays.

If he fails to make any improvements it wil be highly likely that he leaves.

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Dear Dean, we needed change and to be away from Rodgers. Whatever happens, you will have my support, so long as you DO NOT pick Ndidi ahead of Mendy, Praet or any other player. He is so sh*t that it is beyond a joke that he can gets picked ahead of genuinely good footballers like Mendy and Praet. How we were so much better once Mendy came in. Also pick Nachos please. In the end, we actually had enough chances to get something out of the game with Maddison and Nachos both had clear cut chances. If we select the right players, we have a chance but as I mentioned no Ndidi. We are already struggling, and if he plays there is zero chance the 10 other players on the pitch can carry this absolute shocker of a footballer who keeps waving his hands around pretending to know what he is doing and directing others (and concedes fouls and penalties).

Thank you for your attention.

Regarding Ndidi, it was an absolutely minimum requirement to win the ball ahead of De Bruyne. Surely Smith will be bearing this in mind. We really can't afford any similar incidents in the next three games. We can't be giving away easy goals against those teams. I think Ndidi needs time out and some serious work on the training ground to build his confidence up.

Can someone please highlight who is out of contract this and next season. Maybe in a new thread? Going to see a massive shift in our players. Sadly we have so many contracts done with little hope of renewal. 23/24 foxes going to be so different to our current team

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Regarding Ndidi, it was an absolutely minimum requirement to win the ball ahead of De Bruyne. Surely Smith will be bearing this in mind. We really can't afford any similar incidents in the next three games. We can't be giving away easy goals against those teams. I think Ndidi needs time out and some serious work on the training ground to build his confidence up.

Wasn't it Ndidi who, rather than going in full face and committed at Stones volley, twisted to the side at the last moment to allow the shot to get through?  Shockingly unprofessional and unconvincing attempt to block.

What a difference that might have made had we not given them such an early gift.

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Wasn't it Ndidi who, rather than going in full face and committed at Stones volley, twisted to the side at the last moment to allow the shot to get through?  Shockingly unprofessional and unconvincing attempt to block.

What a difference that might have made had we not given them such an early gift.

I miss Big Wes and Huth. They would throw themselves at the ball and block so many shots with heroic last ditch defending. 

• Like 4

In his interviews he comes across as professional. A likeable character. Both things we’ve been lacking for some time in our manager. 

The problem he has is there is little room for error. That’s not his fault. I think simply by his effort, organisation and proper professional coaching, the performance will improve. Whether that will be enough, I don’t know. He is going to need a big result to act as a catalyst. The next two games are two of the biggest games we’ve had in ten years. We’ve had some massive games in those ten years but I honestly these two are at least on par. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

....can't say that it would have been a good thing to stand square on and take one in the face!!!

Wasn't it also Souttar who stooped and turned his head away in order to not get smashed in the face as well.

The ball stood up perfectly for Stones and he caught it full, but the direction that ball would have travelled would have hit Ndidi  or the player just behind Ndidi,  the fact that Stones had slightly dragged the ball it went into an area into the goal where it was guaranteed to go in. Iversen would have covered it Ndidi and Souttar would have effectively blocked it, it went into the only place it could, just out of reach of our keeper. 

Players turn their back all the time, it is just what happens, the option is to end up with concussion 

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....can't say that it would have been a good thing to stand square on and take one in the face!!!

Wasn't it also Souttar who stooped and turned his head away in order to not get smashed in the face as well.

The ball stood up perfectly for Stones and he caught it full, but the direction that ball would have travelled would have hit Ndidi  or the player just behind Ndidi,  the fact that Stones had slightly dragged the ball it went into an area into the goal where it was guaranteed to go in. Iversen would have covered it Ndidi and Souttar would have effectively blocked it, it went into the only place it could, just out of reach of our keeper. 

Players turn their back all the time, it is just what happens, the option is to end up with concussion 

Nonsense.  The starting point when the ball was kicked was well below his face.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Nonsense.  The starting point when the ball was kicked was well below his face.

...I would have hoped so!!!

The ball went up and was coming back down when it went into the net.

Notice Souttar was square on, with the ball coming in his direction and he stayed low and turned his head.

Screenshot_20230417_014130_YouTube.jpg

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Screenshot_20230420-225511.thumb.png.d05b0a88a725c3e241a0c966915ce53d.png

lol

Years ago I was flatmates with a trainee football journalist who often covered Chelsea. He told me that after he’d filed his copy and was leaving Stamford Bridge a couple of hours after the game, there would always be one player outside the ground still chatting and signing autographs for kids long after all the others had cleared off. It was Terry. He’s apparently always been very good in that way.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

For the sake of our club please start Mendy and Nacho for Ndidi and Vardy. If he doesn’t I’d be amazed if we stop up. It’s a long shot anyway but more of a chance with these changes. 

There is a good chance he gives Ndidi and Vardy another go. But I won't blame him for that decision, its on the owners for bringing him in so late. No manager knows what his best team is after 2 weeks.