Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

25 minutes ago, Shane said:

There is a good chance he gives Ndidi and Vardy another go. But I won't blame him for that decision, its on the owners for bringing him in so late. No manager knows what his best team is after 2 weeks.

I'd be very surprised if Smith ignored the evidence of the 2nd half last week and left Mendy on the bench tomorrow. As I doubt he'll play with two CDMs, that would mean Ndidi dropping out. Likewise, surely Iheancho has to start - whether on his own or in a front two with Vardy/Daka is another matter...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

For the sake of our club please start Mendy and Nacho for Ndidi and Vardy. If he doesn’t I’d be amazed if we stop up. It’s a long shot anyway but more of a chance with these changes. 

Smith reserves the right to pick who he sees fit this game. He made it clear the Man C wasn't a game to be defined by. If he sees something in training where he thinks Vardy offers something over the others then he should go for it. What he shouldn't be doing is picking anyone on blind faith. He did show against Man C that he is happy to make changed at half time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Smith reserves the right to pick who he sees fit this game. He made it clear the Man C wasn't a game to be defined by. If he sees something in training where he thinks Vardy offers something over the others then he should go for it. What he shouldn't be doing is picking anyone on blind faith. He did show against Man C that he is happy to make changed at half time.

Well hopefully he is intelligent enough not ignore the whole rest of the season, where Vardy has been a massive hindrance. It’s not like he wouldn’t have watched tapes of previous games! But yes, half time changes were hopefully a positive sign, although let’s hope we don’t have to make too many of them for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Well hopefully he is intelligent enough not ignore the whole rest of the season, where Vardy has been a massive hindrance. It’s not like he wouldn’t have watched tapes of previous games! But yes, half time changes were hopefully a positive sign, although let’s hope we don’t have to make too many of them for the rest of the season.

You would hope he is intelligent enough to work with his management team to decide what the best way of getting results out this squad are. Regardless of who's been playing, we've not got results and ended up bottom 2. Nobody gets a free pass as a must pick in my opinion, Nacho inluded. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

You would hope he is intelligent enough to work with his team to decide what the best way of getting results out this team are. Regardless of who's been playing, we've not got results and ended up bottom 2. Nobody gets a free pass as a must pick in my opinion, Nacho inluded. 

Yes but Iheanacho has been considerably better this season. It’s obvious Vardy is done. You’re effectively insinuating that should be given Vardy a free pass.

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Yes but Iheanacho has been considerably better this season. It’s obvious Vardy is done. You’re effectively insinuating that should be given Vardy a free pass.

No im not - i said no free passes. I want him to pick what he thinks it the best team to get a result. Nacho has had long periods when he has been guff as well as those great games against Spurs and Villa.  

If i was picking the team tomorrow i would be putting Nacho and Daka up top. But i've not been at training with them for 2 weeks, so tomorrow Dean Smith can pick who he likes and i won't be whinging at the start of the game if he does pick Vardy.  

• Like 3

Just now, Chelmofox said:

No im not - i said no free passes. I want him to pick what he thinks it the best team to get a result. Nacho has had long periods when he has been guff as well as those great games against Spurs and Villa.  

If i was picking the team tomorrow i would be putting Nacho and Daka up top. But i've not been at training with them for 2 weeks, so tomorrow Dean Smith can pick who he likes and i won't be whinging at the start of the game if he does pick Vardy.  

Okay, I agree with your general concept, I think it’s just so clear that Vardy is done(please make me jinx him into scoring tomorrow), that there’s no point in considering him for selection. Yes, Iheanacho has had some poorer games, but his impact when taking over from Vardy this season means it would be daft to not consider previous form, for this specific example.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Our strikers have scored nine goals between them all season which is quite frankly rubbish. It’s a good job Harvey and James have assumed striking roles or we would be in even more serious trouble than we are now.

To be fair it’s difficult to score when you’re stood watching the ball going from defender to keeper to defender and back to keeper again  repeatedly 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

I won't be whinging either.

Just worried.

Bang on. Nothing will stop me giving it my all tomorrow. But if he picks Vardy, then subs him off at 85 mins when we are 2-0 down, brings Nacho on who scores and the game finishes 2-1, then i will get grumpy for sure!

Edited by Chelmofox

32 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

To be fair it’s difficult to score when you’re stood watching the ball going from defender to keeper to defender and back to keeper again  repeatedly 

Fair point but Maddison and Barnes have found a way. When was the last time a Leicester striker scored a hattrick. It must have been Jamie but long ago now. Daka's one off in Europe is not really applicable. Even if we stay up , a new striker is of vital importance.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Our strikers have scored nine goals between them all season which is quite frankly rubbish. Its a good job Harvey and James have assumed striking roles or we would be in even more serious trouble than we are now.

When you consider how few chances we've created for our strikers this season, it's probably not as bad as it looks. 

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Fair point but Maddison and Barnes have found a way. When was the last time a Leicester striker scored a hattrick. It must have been Jamie but long ago now. Daka's one off in Europe is not really applicable. Even if we stay up , a new striker is of vital importance.

How can you score as a striker if you get little to no service? Vardy, Daka and Nacho have not exactly been used as focal points in attack.

Nacho drops a lot deeper than the other two and has a good long shot on him, but our poachers have been utterly starved for months and months.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Bang on. Nothing will stop me giving it my all tomorrow. But if he picks Vardy, then subs him off at 85 mins when we are 2-0 down, brings Nacho on who scores and the game finishes 2-1, then i will get grumpy for sure!

...if you are going to have a gap between Vardy and the midfield, then we are asking for trouble!!!

We have never replaced Okazaki, he gave Vardy the support as well as Mahrez very much staying high up the pitch.

We have to play a high line,  where we shorten the pitch and play very much in the opponents half. If you are going to play Vardy, then you believe he can do the job, you just need to give him the tools to make it work. 

Fantastic today, I don't think Smith has made any big mistakes so far in both games. His subs so far have all worked even when they have seemed a bit risky (Iheanacho off instead of Daka) he's got the defence far more solid with the help of JT, and we look confident. 
Could just be the new manager bounce, but with today's result, it may just continue.