Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

57 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If we stay up, I really hope the club gave them the gig full time. You can see the seeds being planted on how football should be played.

Hopefully the 3 of them. Shakey definitely would but can see JT potentially in a future role at Chelsea or trying his hand at management

Edited by HybridFox

11 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He's just more likable ain't he? 

KDH was poor when he came on but it was the right change at the right time rather than waiting and waiting or not making any changes at all.

Absolutely.

From what I've heard from him: he appears very grounded, not full of himself and is willing change tactics when required - things the previous manager didn't really possess.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Self aggrandising tw@t, maybe. Thought he was the best only to be proved he wasn't and he couldn't accept that. Gave up and took the money anyway. He was fortunate with the players he inherited. The ones he bought subsequently were woeful. That and the tactics, formations and all the other things he was inept at, show the measure of his management skills.

I hope he never manages at a top level club again. 

Personally I would love to see him managing one of our PL rivals so they can endure the misery that we went through.

Edited by gurru991
q
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Absolutely.

From what I've heard from him: he appears very grounded, not full of himself and is willing change tactics when required - things the previous manager didn't really possess.

I like what I've seen in the last 2 games. We won the second half against ManC. We stuck it out today and got the win. He's definitely done something. I'd agree that he has no ego, unlike Rodgers, and is a realist in football terms. What bothers me slightly is that he got booted at Villa. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Personally I would love to see him managing one of our PL rivals so they can endure the misery that we went through.

Any club in the PL would look at our last 2 seasons and never touch him with a bargepole. He'll likely go abroad. And not on holiday.

16 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is this a joke?

He's done OK at Cov but he's hardly anything we'd need to get back to PL

Got to disagree with this. They have been a shambles of a club with the stadium issues and finances. Yet he has built a side challenging for promotion and may yet compete in/win the play offs.

I’m a fan of this management trio we have but if we did go down, and needed to do a complete rebuild with funds stretched, I think Robins has shown that’s exactly the sort of role he could do.

Hopefully irrelevant anyway if that win today and spark a run to keep us up!

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Whatever went off between him and Cags is now looking like an act of criminality on the part of Rodgers. To have consistently selected Amartey over Cags was madness and no doubt cost us points. 

Happy to give people the benefit of the doubt when we aren’t privy to all of it. But he can **** right off, as an 80% Cags is so far better than Amartey. 

• Like 1

What I cannot figure out from the season is why when our defence was struggling at the end of last season did we then sell our best defender? Why did we not buy a single player in the Summer window having sold our best defender? why did we stick with Rodgers when bottom of the league in the Autumn? Why did Rodgers stick with flap a goal Ward? Why did Rodgers refuse to play Cags? Why has Vardy gone to total shit? Its a proper WTF season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazly said:

What I cannot figure out from the season is why when our defence was struggling at the end of last season did we then sell our best defender? Why did we not buy a single player in the Summer window having sold our best defender? why did we stick with Rodgers when bottom of the league in the Autumn? Why did Rodgers stick with flap a goal Ward? Why did Rodgers refuse to play Cags? Why has Vardy gone to total shit? Its a proper WTF season.

Because he’s a stubborn, narcissistic prat who wanted the board to be the fall guys for his complete mismanagement. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Not quibbling at all but wasn’t Faes signed in the summer window (very late) seems an age ago now so I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Corners only occur occasionally. But high balls happen very often. Would be nice if players can be told to head it down to a teammate or even to trap it themselves instead of always head it up aimlessly and turn over possession. Contrast Wolves today: they tried to head to a teammate everytime.

As a defender I was always coached that heading the ball high and with power away from goal was preferred to trying to pick out a team mate.

It gives time for your midfield to get under it and make it a 50/50, as far away from your goal as possible.

Nod it down to a specific player, get it even slightly wrong and it’s to the feet of an attacker now running at you near to your goal. It’s a way riskier approach that top teams will take, but to get us away from relegation zone I’d imagine us taking the low risk battlers option