Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

3 minutes ago, Pita said:

He’s got a massive task with the way Leicester are playing. Very poor at the back and don’t know where the net is. 

Have been playing. It's a new start with this coaching team.

Stowell and the other sausage weren't a true reflection of manager bounce. They are complicit with the Rodgers failure.

It's like talking to one currys salesman and then going to another. Yes different salesman but still selling you the same sh1t from the same catalogue.

These will bring a new set up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Good luck Dean, Shakey and JT. You have a helluva job on your hands, but you've shown us something by even wanting to take the job on as it is.

Shake things up, put some confidence back in the players, and fire in their bellies. No more of this too good to go down bullshit.

That they like money? :dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So, question to FT. 

If the trio manage to turn this around and we scrape through and survive, full time contract? Or say thanks and part ways? 

Personally if the effort levels improve I think it would be hard to say no to giving him a shot if he keeps us up, but at the same time I think there are far better options out there for us for a long term rebuild. Id feel pretty bad if he kept us up and had to leave. 

No part ways. 
We should be sounding out candidates now to cover all eventualities and know who preferred options are

• Like 2

Might not have been anyone's first choice (or second choice, or so on) but they're three good coaches and Smith showed he could turn things around at Villa. Nothing less than full support from now until the end of the season.

And if the LCFC social media admin happens to read this, you know the deal: call me J. Jonah Jameson because I want pictures of Spiderman SST each holding two balls on my desk the LCFC twitter page by tomorrow.

twoballsshakeysmithterry.thumb.jpg.4e136064c3885cd718881087cf2eea24.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So, question to FT. 

If the trio manage to turn this around and we scrape through and survive, full time contract? Or say thanks and part ways? 

Personally if the effort levels improve I think it would be hard to say no to giving him a shot if he keeps us up, but at the same time I think there are far better options out there for us for a long term rebuild. Id feel pretty bad if he kept us up and had to leave. 

I think part ways no matter what. Smith is only ever going to be a bottom half PL manager at best, which is better than we are today, but we have the backbone, the finances and structure to want better than that. This is an interim appointment that suits everyone. If he succeeds, he will have no trouble getting a good gig after this. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So, question to FT. 

Go for Franck Haise if we stay up 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So, question to FT. 

Take it one step at a time. With the rebuild required it's not out of the question that they could be asked to stay on. But definitely dependent on how we approach these 8 games. What I would say is these guys know that and fair play to them for taking it on when many wouldn't. Really hope it works out for all parties whatever happens

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stinky said:

We want an interim. You don't get high quality interims. We also can't get a high quality manager in our precarious situation. He's cheap, he will do, get over it

Dean Smith is a hell of a lot better than u are giving him credit for. Do you actually know anything about his management style / techniques? Have u watched him at Norwich / Brentford / Villa or are u basing your assessment on a few social media posts?

• Like 2