Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

15 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

He shouldn’t be given after the summer if he keeps us up.

Give him his payoff, say cheers, and get Potter or Frank and their whole coaching set up and scouting network.

Would literally rather have Smith for the job that will be needed for us.

These guys are flashy names with little substance behind them imo.

Both at the right clubs with the right set ups where they are the figure heads (referring to Potter’s time at Brighton here). We won’t need flashy, we will need someone who can get their hands dirty and be part of a rebuild. As the post below yours pointed out, Smith was who put that in place at Brentford so if we narrowly stay up, if JT stays as well, this ‘team’ we have will be the best option to stabilise the club again.

People like Potter and Frank are the type you bring in when the club is stable. They’d both absolutely crash and burn with us next year if they joined in the summer.

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think he feels like a good fit for us and we know how good Shakey is as an assistant/coach. 

They play a brand of football that I associate with this club, fast and direct on the counter. That is our trade mark. Why did we ever want to change it after the title win? 

Definitely don't want Potter if we stay up as it will be Brendan ball all over again. 

Give him the job whatever league we are in next season. 

Cant stand counter attacking football or calling it a trademark, really cringe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Definitely don't want Potter if we stay up as it will be Brendan ball all over again. 

Might not necessarily be a bad thing if it works like the first couple of seasons under Rodgers. Just as long as we have learnt from our other mistakes regarding how much control the manager has, timing on decisions and recruitment/contracts. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Give him his payoff, say cheers, and get Potter or Frank and their whole coaching set up and scouting network.

8ollocks to Potter. Had a chance to come here and make a difference and decided to jump on a plane to Dubai instead. The uncertainty with Frank is whether he's a case of right man right time for Brentford after inheriting Smith's set up.

If these guys keep us up - given where we were before - let them use the momentum going into next season. Smith and Shakey are the right type of manager for our club. Not egotistical chequebook managers who alienate the squad. Also unlikely to be poached having managed Villa already. With them and Glover firmly settled in the recruitment offices, we might be able to rebuild from a solid foundation.

• Like 1

...I  would think that khun Top would find working with Dean Smith such a refreshing change that he seeks to retain his services!!!

If you have no contact with your existing manager for over a year, then there has to be something wrong with the the administration of the club.  There appears to be a matter of trust, that is uppermost in how this club, and how it is run  and that comes from the perception of khun Top and nothing is going to change that.

I would expect a 3 year contract to begin with, any excursion into Europe and we will be looking at extending it for a period.

It should be interesting to watch for any changes to the academy  should Smith and his staff get the longterm deal.

31 minutes ago, iancognito said:

8ollocks to Potter. Had a chance to come here and make a difference and decided to jump on a plane to Dubai instead. The uncertainty with Frank is whether he's a case of right man right time for Brentford after inheriting Smith's set up.

If these guys keep us up - given where we were before - let them use the momentum going into next season. Smith and Shakey are the right type of manager for our club. Not egotistical chequebook managers who alienate the squad. Also unlikely to be poached having managed Villa already. With them and Glover firmly settled in the recruitment offices, we might be able to rebuild from a solid foundation.

If he is coming it’s better he comes refreshed. I think it would have been a mistake to leave Chelsea on a Friday and start with us the following Monday. 
Not sure he’s the right man for us if he likes to play with a slow possession based build up. Seen too much of that under Brendan. Vardy was right post-Leeds. We need to stretch defences with pace. Daka has an important role to play here with Vardy benefiting. 

• Like 1

It's a weird one. 

Obvs. the trio know they were here for the 8 game run-in to try and keep the club in the division. 

But at the same time, I wonder whether they really think that if Smith achieves it, the club will say "thanks very much for doing a great job, now off you fvck whilst we try to get *insert other manager* in" 

Our board don't seem to operate in that way.

Edited by RoboFox

Sod Potter. Never been convinced by him, he turned us down when we asked, and he is Brendan ball MK2 anyhow. 

I actually don't think any emotional decisions should be made until we know our fate. And even then if he keeps us up the decision shouldn't be made based on the euphoria of that. Smith and the club should meet to discuss next phase of the strategy. If both parties don't see eye to eye on it, then we should part ways. No grudges to bear regardless of the outcome as the needs of preseason and next year are different to salvage job he was asked to do.

This season has been marked by manager, director of football and owner not seeing eye to eye and all parties ignoring the obvious. Stupid to go into next season with the same problem.

• Like 2

Not to discredit the job Smith did at Brentford, which was obviously a good one, but I really don't think he has any responsibility for their scouting or recruitment systems. The project Frank inherited was built by people above the head coach. If we appoint Smith then fine but doing it based on Brentford being a very smartly run club would be just as misguided as appointing a manager from the Red Bull stable and assuming that doing so will allow you to replicate what those clubs do.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

There is always lots of chatter about Potter or Frank but both of these managers have thrived under very progressive owners. Tony Bloom at Brighton  & Matther Benham at Brentford have established  an extensive data base to search out potential future players.  The structure at the clubs has helped the managers shine. We do not have anything like this at LCFC.

I really don't see Thomas Frank leaving a successful club to manage Leicester & Potter has tasted the big time & big money & has already said NO once.

We are fat & ugly and dreaming of dating supermodels !!

We need to streamline our club first & Smith, JT & Shakey could facilitate that.

Also we desperately need a modern DOF to replace Jon Rudkin.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I would like to keep him if we drop but think we can do better if we stay up. Seems like a bottom half manager. Better than what we had but not quite up to the standard we were at.

What is this Standard you speak of ??

The Brendan Rodgers Standard  ???

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

Ah, but which one though? The flippin' brilliant BRS that tore teams apart, finished high up the league and won the cup (BRS1)?

Or the dismally awful BRS of the last couple of years (BRS2)?

I agree !!

I think  we need to fix the structure of the club to prevent  another BRS2