Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

On 27/04/2023 at 14:05, MPH said:

I think that’s a fair point. 

I feel if we get relegated then he’d be able to do the rebuilding job and we’d be well coached and he’s experienced in the championship.

id have reservations about him getting us back into being a top 10 prem team though.. which had to be our aim and I feel like a rebuild job in the prem will be a lot tougher job..

I get the same feeling, not the man to break us into the top 10 again if we stay up but who knows he might thrive. Seems a really positive bloke and I think if we keep JT and Shakey with him then he could we’ll surprise us

'It isn't right': Dean Smith criticises Leicester's schedule, with the Foxes due to play their next FOUR games on a Monday night - which he claims 'adds pressure' in the battle to avoid the drop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12026187/Dean-Smith-bemoans-Leicesters-schedule-claiming-isnt-right-play-Monday-four-times.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It'll be dumb to get rid of him in the summer, Brentford fans highly respect him as they feel they wouldn't be what they are now without him and he also interviewed Thomas Frank for an assistant job there. And he's also loved by Villa fans and I've read that they have currently 8 players playing who were bought when he was he charge.

Plus we're getting Shakespeare and defensive coach Terry along for the ride......kind of 3 for the price of 1...... Happy days 🙂

IF you stay up, you should replace him immediately.

Potter, Postecoglu, Slot, Iraiola all should be availiable.

• Haha 1

I think & hope Deano & co will keep us up. 🙏

Also having heard some of his interviews, his positive approach, reintroduction of Cags and lift he has given the team I think he is a better manager than I had previously done.

but, but…..we shouldn’t make a knee jerk decision about next season.

Lets focus on staying up and then look at making the best appointment in the Summer.

up the citeh🙌🙌

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Hope the board stick with Deano.

Their desire for Brendan ball is very concerning. If we go for Jesse Marsch or Potter it will be another massive error.

Pretty sure the Jesse marsch boat has sailed now thank fuch

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

At least he’s talking sense on interviews and I find myself agreeing with his view point more often than not, which feels alien to me from recent experience. 

With Brendan it was pointless giving interviews....he never divulged anything because in reality he didn't know anything about the game, players, tactics etc it was always something like "we'll assess things for the next game" 🥱

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shane said:

Hope the board stick with Deano.

Their desire for Brendan ball is very concerning. If we go for Jesse Marsch or Potter it will be another massive error.

If they do I hope it’s a short term contract of a year, with incentive based extension depending on how he performs and where the team finish.

We have had our fingers burnt before by short term bounces 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

With Brendan it was pointless giving interviews....he never divulged anything because in reality he didn't know anything about the game, players, tactics etc it was always something like "we'll assess things for the next game" 🥱

While I was getting sick of it near the end or even last 12 months, he must of known something to have the team performing as well as he did for 2 years. His interviews were dull when we were winning but you don’t notice then so much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If they do I hope it’s a short term contract of a year, with incentive based extension depending on how he performs and where the team finish.

We have had our fingers burnt before by short term bounces 

My first impressions are good, an I think he's worth 12 months, even if we do end up going down (it could still happen with a higher points total than expected) though unlikely. Its what happens in the next 5 games. Currently he has a 33% win record over a season that's enough to stay up. We aren’t a top 10 team now, we do have a chance of a top 10 finish next season with the right decisions in the summer if we do stay up.

• Like 1

He's the perfect manager for the bounce but I don't think he has enough tactically to see us higher than battling for the drop next season, if we do stay up. We can't be throwing three strikers in each game if we're going to be serious. 

I'm sure people won't want to hear this but under Rodgers it was clear how we wanted to play, but he self destructed claiming the squad wasn't good enough and is to blame for our season has subsequently gone. Potter has a similar clear identity so think he'd be our best option if we stay up!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shailen said:

He's the perfect manager for the bounce but I don't think he has enough tactically to see us higher than battling for the drop next season, if we do stay up. We can't be throwing three strikers in each game if we're going to be serious. 

I'm sure people won't want to hear this but under Rodgers it was clear how we wanted to play, but he self destructed claiming the squad wasn't good enough and is to blame for our season has subsequently gone. Potter has a similar clear identity so think he'd be our best option if we stay up!! 

You can't compare Rogers when he had plenty of points to play for with Smiths firefighter mission, he probably wouldn't play 3 strikers In the first game of a season. He has to be bold and has been at times due to the mess he has inherited.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Also an opportunity for self promotion and to look like an astute professor of the game. Mr Media.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Its nice not to have to listen to the toe curling crap he came out with. And his flip flopping between 'we' (when he was blaming other people) and 'I' (when he was praising himself) was nauseating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

I like him, I like his coaches, in fact I quite like the fact that we haven't got a fancy "top" manager who the London media like to bash themselves silly over. If the trio go about their business and start bringing a smile to our faces then I've no problem with us keeping them. 

Nor me

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

You can't compare Rogers when he had plenty of points to play for with Smiths firefighter mission, he probably wouldn't play 3 strikers I'm the first game of a season. He has to be bold and has been at times due to the mess he has inherited.

No I totally get what you're saying. He has no option but to be bold. 

My point is that I've never understood what identity his Villa team played with. He gets his teams fighting and is very competitive but there is no doubt he's also struggled too with gaining consistency and rhythm in his football.

It might be different here with the better players we have here (footballing wise) but I'd be highly sceptical of appointing him full time if we do stay up!! 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

No I totally get what you're saying. He has no option but to be bold. 

My point is that I've never understood what identity his Villa team played with. He gets his teams fighting and is very competitive but there is no doubt he's also struggled too with gaining consistency and rhythm in his football.

It might be different here with the better players we have here (footballing wise) but I'd be highly sceptical of appointing him full time if we do stay up!! 

...I doubt his ability to take us anywhere near where we wish to be!!!

As a manager and figurehead, he is just the grounded person we would wish to have in place, but I feel he lacks the footballing tactical nous that we will need if we wish to get back to pushing for Europe. We have come up against them (Villa) a few times recently and he has been outwitted by Rodgers. They spent a fortune when they came up, as we stared enviously at the conveyor belt of players going through their turnstiles. They should not have ended up struggling to stay in the league.

• Like 1