Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

I think it depends on how we stay up/go down. 

Play like we have all season and no chance he gets the job even if he keeps us up. Play with the speed, attacking intent and passion we want. Then I think he gets the job. 

He has to put his own stamp on the team, hard when they've been brainwashed into BRs ways and He only has 8 games to do change that, at the same time instilling confidence. If he can do that then id take him/them on full time. 

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rudkin and Whelan would need to be fired for gross misconduct if they only got £30m for Barnes

You’re right he’s probably worth more based on his goal contributions, and on form he’s a £40-50m player, but he’s also been very very average for a long period of time now, he just keep nicking goals. He will go 75 mins without doing anything then take 1 chance. 
Thats all you need when you’re at a top club creating chances every 30 seconds, but for us he’s really not been good enough across 90 minutes for me, he also puts his full back under immense pressure from his complete lack of defensive capability. 
I didn’t actually remember he signed a long term deal in 2021 so I thought he didn’t have too long left if I’m honest. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Today is a prime example of why he can't get the job permanently. Just doesn't have the tactical intelligence.

Hopefully he'll get us over the line. We say thank you and move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair to him his taken 5 points from 4 games @ 1.25 points per game over the course of a season that's 47.5 points.

Damage was done before he arrived.

Yes, let's not forget he was given a hospital pass of a demoralised squad, a situation from behind and must win games within two weeks of arriving.

I've seen improvements in areas but still the same issues arising. Tough to really judge when the matches are so huge.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Hopefully he'll get us over the line. We say thank you and move on.

The thing that worries me the most is the amount of people happy with it. I'm walking out the ground and folk are keen to keep him on regardless. Our fan base is terrible. We don't hold ourselves or the team to any sort of standard at all. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I do wonder what the coaching team are seeing in training that gets Wilf Ndidi a start in this game tonight.

I love Wilf but he needs a bit of time out.

Wilf played because of his height and strength. Was ducked after 60 mins 

The guy has inherited an absolute shit show, and barely any time to resolve the issues. What I will say is that there has been an improvement in mentality but the damage has been done. If we survive then fantastic but the truth is if we do drop it is on Rodgers for destroying what has been built and Top for not stepping in sooner and taking decisive action. 

• Like 3

Should have made some subs earlier but I can see better signs that we're moving away from the dullness Rodgers got us in. 

Confidence needs to be boosted again, win at any costs against Fulham. 

• Like 2

Worrying signs today.

There seems to be too many voices on that bench. It took ages for them to bring a sub on. Seems to need a committee meeting before anything happens.

Tactically clueless tonight.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I’ve liked what I’ve heard from Smith when he’s spoke. He’s been honest, not spoke in riddles.

But don’t give me that bullshit about why Maddison was on penalties over Vardy. That’s some kind of shit that previous twat would have come out with.

• Like 1

Just now, adam said:

Worrying signs today.

There seems to be too many voices on that bench. It took ages for them to bring a sub on. Seems to need a committee meeting before anything happens.

Tactically clueless tonight.

Thought the exact same - not just tonight but also at Leeds midweek. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair to him his taken 5 points from 4 games @ 1.25 points per game over the course of a season that's 47.5 points.

Damage was done before he arrived.

And that's after picking the players up from a dreadful run of form. I think he's done ok in the short space of time he's had.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

3 games without defeat now. OK we could have won the last two but his teams have more fight than Rodgers already. 

Look at the teams though 

wolves, went on to lose 6-0

Leeds we sneaked a draw, then they lost 4-1 to Bournemouth.

Everton been shit, they looked great today.

Let’s hope we can get something from Fulham and put up a good performance against better opposition in the coming weeks.