Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

40 minutes ago, shailen said:

John Terry is a great appointment. Proven winner and someone to help solidify our defence. Smith and Shakey are a good duo too. 

...you are easily pleased!!!

Terry is an abomination and an embarrassment to have on this backroom team. As a person it would be hard to find someone more dislikeable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great appointment in my opinion - especially with Shakey as no. 2 who already knows the club (even if only current playing personnel Vardy, Amartey, Mendy - plus arguably a young Harvey B. now remain from his last time here in 2017, pre Puel)....and with John Terry somewhere in the mix too to hopefully sort 'that defence' out with the help of S&S!  

2 minutes ago, nathan. said:

If we stay up they get a big extension.

The board would have dangled that carrot.

Oh god I hope you’re wrong, there should be a financial carrot but if they’ve made other commitments it’s further evidence they are utterly clueless.

12 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

He’s not. Analysis and outfield coaching background. 

Really???   Analysis....  he needs sacking in that case,

How hard is it to analyse the fact after the Villa and Bournemouth games that the Ndidi, Mendy combo doesn't work, or an ageing, isolated Vardy with no service won't score,  or that Amartey still isn't a CB, or of we continue with the Rodgers esq slow ponderous build up play we are sh1t. 

S & S are just Rodgers Clones, and had the opportunity to readicate  something that hasn't worked for 20Mth's plus and turn our playing style  it on hits head.    Let's hope Dean, Shakey and John just do that.  

I'd be happy with seeing that a start has been made to cleanse the putrid essence of Rodgers' BrendenBall from our playing style even if we loose our "Free Hit"  on Saturday.  I still firmly believe it's our current Achilles heel and once BrendanBall is gone we will finally turn a corner.

Hopefully our injury record will improve also.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Terry is an abomination and an embarrassment to have on this backroom team. As a person it would be hard to find someone more dislikeable. 

We wanted a nasty bastard, we got a nasty bastard. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Look how many of those players would get in our team, I don’t think that was a worse squad 

Edit

I actually looked at the season later initially.

still a few decent players In the 20/21 though.

Martinez 

Mings 

Cash

Targett

Mcginn

Luiz

Grealish 

Watkins 

All four years younger,. Watkins, Cash, McGinn, Luiz had never played in the PL. Mings and Martinez have hardly any PL games and Targett wasn't getting in the Saints team. You are comparing the players today with the players Deano had

15 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A certain Northern Irishman who does not go by the name Brendan.

Yep indeed who failed at Norwich but had success at Villa and success at Leicester... so who knows Deano to follow that suit.

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yep indeed who failed at Norwich but had success at Villa and success at Leicester... so who knows Deano to follow that suit.

He was excellent at Brentford when Frank was his assistant.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I love John Terry !!!   Old school footballer and a grade A ****.   Not enough those any more !!

Lock up your old ladies. !!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Begley said:

All four years younger,. Watkins, Cash, McGinn, Luiz had never played in the PL. Mings and Martinez have hardly any PL games and Targett wasn't getting in the Saints team. You are comparing the players today with the players Deano had

No I read up

Targett was villas player of the season 

McGinn 3 goals 8 assists more than adequate to play in midfield

Martinez had a better season in 20/21 than 21/22

and was voted supporters player of the season.

Watkins with 14 goals and 9 assists had a better season in 20-21 than the following season 

Edited by HankMarvin

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I am obviously not an ITK but I am guessing that JT is coming on board to sort out your defense rather than his integrity as a person. With a team in the bottom three and facing relegation, I think the priority should be focused on the team's performance