Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

As we seen with Sunderland when back big Sam kept them up. He left to takeover the England, soon as left worser issues for Sunderland. Went down a year later anyway. Big Sam is paper over the cracks type appointment.

Edited by Leicesterpool

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Better than Rodgers though you can’t deny that. We weren’t picking up any more points under him! 

He’s not a better manager overall than Rodgers, but definitely needed the change when I look back in hindsight, even if it’s not what I wanted at the time. 

Rodgers had just ran his course with us and Smith had the perfect mindset to bring into the club in this situation. 

50 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As we seen with Sunderland when back big Sam kept them up. He left to takeover the England, soon as left worser issues for Sunderland. Went down a year later anyway. Big Sam is paper over the cracks type appointment.

Allardyce is still loved by the Sunderland fans though. When you consider the predicament that Leeds are in, they aren’t going to appoint somebody to implement a long-term vision.

If he keeps Leeds up, it’ll be a massive success. It’s that simple. I doubt he’d stay either, he’s 68 now, I’d imagine that he would pick up his £2.5m and leave on good terms.

I wouldn’t bet against him keeping them up either. Nobody expects anything from him, but you know he’ll demand nothing less than 100% from the players. It will get the fans onside. 

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

What a load of crap! If we're relegated it's on Brendan no matter how much his cult following try to deflect the blame 

Of course Rodgers is to blame, but I don't think there has been much improvement, just luckier and to hear the justification for Madison having that penalty, makes me fear for the worst. Hope tomorrow night proves my doubts were a load of crap.

30 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Of course Rodgers is to blame, but I don't think there has been much improvement, just luckier and to hear the justification for Madison having that penalty, makes me fear for the worst. Hope tomorrow night proves my doubts were a load of crap.

Fulham will be interesting without the pressure of playing a direct  relegation rival. If we lose this, then we can say that hasn’t been much improvement. It’s been very frantic so far imo 

42 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Whilst we might have only picked up 5 points under Dean Smith it's still more than I feel we'd have got under Rodgers but are you to telling me you've not found it far more exciting and palatable to get behind?

By all means there has to be more to it than that but i'm struggling to understand anyone who is claiming there has been no improvement or we're not better now, whether that is good enough or not is another question.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst we might have only picked up 5 points under Dean Smith it's still more than I feel we'd have got under Rodgers but are you to telling me you've not found it far more exciting and palatable to get behind?

By all means there has to be more to it than that but i'm struggling to understand anyone who is claiming there has been no improvement or we're not better now, whether that is good enough or not is another question.

I will say this now, we would have got absolutely nothing under Rodgers 

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Look at the atmosphere for a start that says it all. Fans actually getting behind the team for the first time in months. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Claridge said:

I am sitting here wondering what you count as improvement.

We clearly looking at different things, but of course views can become misted when trying to come to a specific end understanding.

Now whether this improvement is good enough remains to be seen, our points per game has gone up, and our shots per game has also gone up.

Whether you expected new management to fix everything wrong with our team within a few weeks I dont know.

We currently have the best form since his appointment in the bottom 5 (which includes man city away) and also man city away remains his only defeat as of the time of this post.

3 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I thought it had been confirmed for Palace?

It's not official from what I've read, they've got him lined up as he wants to manage in the prem.

He's surely got to wait to see what job offers will be available and get a good choice of offers.