Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Whatever happens it’s Rodgers who has monumentally ****ed us and who is responsible 

The players are a disgrace. Doesn't matter if it's Rodgers or Smith in charge, they are not bothered and that will show when they just fvck off once we go down. I got fed up of these players months ago and they are as responsible for our position.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

The players are a disgrace. Doesn't matter if it's Rodgers or Smith in charge, they are not bothered and that will show when they just fvck off once we go down. I got fed up of these players months ago and they are as responsible for our position.

They are yes but Rodgers got us in this position. He also had final sign off on all new signings. And look at who he signed! Daka, Soumare, Vestagaard.

Just now, Unabomber said:

They are yes but Rodgers got us in this position. He also had final sign off on all new signings. And look at who he signed! Daka, Soumare, Vestagaard.

Not debating that because he was the manager, of course he was responsible but the players are too and should have more blame. 

One of Rodgers problems was trusting players that aren't good enough and never replayed his faith; Ward, Dewsbury-Hall, Daka, Soumare all rubbish. I can't wait for players like that to leave our club.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Not debating that because he was the manager, of course he was responsible but the players are too and should have more blame. 

One of Rodgers problems was trusting players that aren't good enough and never replayed his faith; Ward, Dewsbury-Hall, Daka, Soumare all rubbish. I can't wait for players like that to leave our club.

On the flip side it’s his stubbornness with sticking with players such as Ward 

26 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

come on, you cant put more blame on Smith compared to Rodgers if we go down

still an element of blame on Smith for sure but you can say its more compared to the board or Rodgers or the players

....I am not saying that Rodgers is not to be blamed, I rate his part in this a larger portion than anyone else!!!

I do not know who Smith is listening to or what he sees in training, but he does not appear to know how to put a team out to compete. We are either on the front foot and are open, or like today, sit off and no one looking to secure and protect our backline.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

Seems a nice enough bloke, but the moment this season ends, I don’t want to see him near our club unless he’s visiting for an away game. Taking 2 points from Everton, Leeds and Fulham when we should be fighting for our lives is really bad.

I dont blame Smith, I thought we were to far gone when he came in, and we have played a hairs breadth better than we were, since he arrived.

But I haven't seen anything to suggest he is the answer longer term.

• Like 1

Clueless today. I don't blame him for relegation and he is has no control over what is available to him but even Rodgers would've have changed that defence and midfield at half time, would probably have been a back 3 or whatever but he'd at least tried. 

The plan under Rodgers was terrible but at least you could generally see he had one. I've no idea what Smiths plan is. 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Clueless today. I don't blame him for relegation and he is has no control over what is available to him but even Rodgers would've have changed that defence and midfield at half time, would probably have been a back 3 or whatever but he'd at least tried. 

The plan under Rodgers was terrible but at least you could generally see he had one. I've no idea what Smiths plan is. 

It's generally difficult to remember the plan if you don't have it written on a notepad, take note Deano.

49 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He's been a bit too gung ho I think. Turned the games into basketball games. Rodgers was too far the other way, but we're too bad at the back to play like this.

What I don’t understand is how DS said that he doesn’t want that to happen, yet the players he chooses means that’s a likely scenario. The tactics don’t back up the talk, or worse the players aren’t following instructions. 

• Like 1

2 strikes against Smith now;

1st - The nonsense about Maddison on penalties against Everton.

2nd - "They're a good bunch of lads". Don't bullshit us, they're an unlikable bunch of cunts who are looking at their exits.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

He said we lost the game in the first 45 minutes but made one sub at half time and didnt change the central midfielders or the defence where Fulham were ripping us to shreds. Two games in a row he hasnt acted at half time when it needed to be. I honestly dont think he knows that the central midfield pairing of Soumare and Tielemans is one of the main issues. We need stability in that area who will shield the defence, not donkeys

Edited by South Shire Fox

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He said we lost the game in the first 45 minutes but made one sub at half time and didnt change the central midfielders or the defence where Fulham were ripping us to shreds. Two games in a row he hasnt acted at half time when it needed to be. I honestly dont think he knows that the central midfield pairing of Soumare and Tielemans is one of the main issues. We need stability in that area who will shield the defence, not donkeys

I would replace him tonight he is that clueless. Incredibly lucky to have got 5 points, but we are getting no more with him in charge. Players have a lot to answer for, but that midfield is in inexcusable

9 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Just heard the idiot say, leaving Mendy out of the SQUAD not just the team was a tactical decision. I would rather have anyone than Smith in charge.

5 games in and he's an idiot? 

He has a squad of players that have gor us into this situation. 

A squad that is lacking confidence and quality.

I'm not saying he's not made mistakes but he's learning about the players as he goes along none of them are his players.

To brand him an idiot when he's 5 games in with a bunch of players he has mo choice but to work with is harsh? 

He can only pock from what he has. 

Are you sure it's him that's the idiot? 

• Like 2

Just now, themightyfin said:

5 games in and he's an idiot? 

He has a squad of players that have gor us into this situation. 

A squad that is lacking confidence and quality.

I'm not saying he's not made mistakes but he's learning about the players as he goes along none of them are his players.

To brand him an idiot when he's 5 games in with a bunch of players he has mo choice but to work with is harsh? 

He can only pock from what he has. 

Are you sure it's him that's the idiot? 

Spot on