Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

We are not agreed. But we were not so long ago with essentially the same players (less Fofana) and this decline in such a short space of time isn’t acceptable IMO

Maybe BR was right all along and we was punching above our weight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And you would have appointed who? 

I'd have dumped Rodgers pre world cup and bought in Marco Rose.

In hindsight we needed someone who'd sort the defence out, I'd of gone for Jose Bordelas to do that job.

20 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Defo part of what BR said was correct, and so the Board has some responsibility in not investing.

BR, Board and players all fcuked up.

23 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'd have dumped Rodgers pre world cup and bought in Marco Rose.

In hindsight we needed someone who'd sort the defence out, I'd of gone for Jose Bordelas to do 

That was not my question....

My question was after we sacked BR who would you have appointed? 

Edited by themightyfin

He can **** off tonight for all I care. 

All he had to do was something different and he couldn't even do that. 

Nevermind nit even speaking to t ht e useless ***** after the final whistle. 

He's pointless 

Guest Col city fan
46 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

That was one of the ‘alternative’ theories being put about at the time. I think I posted the same thing in one of the threads.

ie that Rodgers had taken the team as far as he could go and that it was actually Rodgers who was ‘keeping us afloat’.

This of course is completely counter to the argument that we had a good squad and it was Rodgers who was ‘holding the players back’.

Whatever anyone wants to believe, I’m glad Rodgers has gone. I believe it was the right time to part company with him and still believe it. We’d grown stale under Rodgers. We were too predictable, too soft. He’d also made some nonsense signings (presuming he actually made them?).

Smith and his team were brought in to try to stop this but I think two factors are important here: firstly, it had gone too far. The players who are leaving in the summer weren’t instantly going to start trying harder for someone else. 
And second, Smith is limited in his managerial ability, particularly around tactics.

It’s all adding up to us getting relegated I’m afraid. Today showed just how fookin rubbish we’ve become.

Edited by Col city fan

What I find baffling is the fact he was sacked by Norwich just after Xmas and no one in the championship who were struggling even looked interested in him. Then in desperation we come along and he’s back in the premiership. Wherever he’s been his win rate is average at best. 

21 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

That was not my question....

My question was after we sacked BR who would you have appointed? 

I'd have most probably gone Hutter. I think I was also shouting for Marcelinho back then too.

This isn't anything against Smith BTW, but I just don't think the appointment has worked.

16 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

What I find baffling is the fact he was sacked by Norwich just after Xmas and no one in the championship who were struggling even looked interested in him. Then in desperation we come along and he’s back in the premiership. Wherever he’s been his win rate is average at best. 

We wanted an interim manager and literally no one else wanted it. Our situation is solely on Rodgers and the board 

He is now in the unenviable position where he has to get a result against either Liverpool or Newcastle. You would think Liverpool at home would be the most likely, but as things stand i wouldn't put it past them to score 6 or 7 past us.  Newcastle will tear most of the team several new orifices. 

The thing is, the team have pi55ed the fans off so much today that things could get toxic very quickly in that Liverpool game. Everything feels like it did at the end of Rodgers tenure again. I feel for Dean here, because he has had no wriggle room to get anything wrong. He is now in a position where if the team don't play very well against Liverpool, the crowd turns on everyone. 

I can't help but feel there has been an insistence to do away with the defence midfield role. Its probably hurt Dean that Soumare did pretty well against Wolves as he has persisted with Teilermans and Soumare. But today that fell spectacularly on its arse. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

He said we lost the game in the first 45 minutes but made one sub at half time and didnt change the central midfielders or the defence where Fulham were ripping us to shreds. Two games in a row he hasnt acted at half time when it needed to be. I honestly dont think he knows that the central midfield pairing of Soumare and Tielemans is one of the main issues. We need stability in that area who will shield the defence, not donkeys

....I think he sees Tielemans as an essential part of this team and getting him in the team is paramount!!!

Rodgers had the same philosophy and we suffered throughout the season with it. Not changing it up at half time was just unbelievable, he has changed things previously in the first half when things were not working, and now he is reluctant to do so, who is he taking instructions from?

• Like 2

Really thought I'd be able to get behind this management team. 

Continuing with a midfield of Soumaré and Tielemans has been absolutely suicidal, though. 

We're bad enough at the back without that total lack of protection. What are they thinking?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nettle said:

Surely now he realises that you can't play Tielemans and Soumare as 2 if it was me I wouldn't play either because they are both shit. Mendy has definitely got to be given a start not sure who else though

Youri has it in him, we have seen it, soumare is horrific and always has been

Guest Mee-9

His post match comments today, saying how he’ll speak to them tomorrow and that the players should take tonight.

No. You go mental at them in that dressing room. You lay into them and highlight what a disgrace that they are. 

I remember after we lost 5-1 away at Forest under Pearson. Within minutes he’d got the players out on the radio apologising. Even Wayne Brown (lol) had been apologising to the fans for their performance.

Instead we’ve got Maddison moaning because he’s being rightfully criticised. There a team full of big time charlie’s on big wages, think they’re the dogs bollocks. But they’re spineless. Maybe the rollocking from Smith was needed straight after. 

A stronger more bothered manager would have done that.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I feel for Dean here, because he has had no wriggle room to get anything wrong. He is now in a position where if the team don't play very well against Liverpool, the crowd turns on everyone. 

I can't help but feel there has been an insistence to do away with the defence midfield role. It’s probably hurt Dean that Soumare did pretty well against Wolves as he has persisted with Teilermans and Soumare. But today that fell spectacularly on its arse. 

Tactically

He got it wrong first half v wolves 

he got it wrong first half v Everton 

he got it wrong today 

I don’t have any sympathy for him - he saw how pappy settled the midfield space at the etihaad - he shouldn’t have set the team up like he did today.  And when he did decide to settle the midfield, he brought wilf on …….. clueless 

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

His post match comments today, saying how he’ll speak to them tomorrow and that the players should take tonight.

No. You go mental at them in that dressing room. You lay into them and highlight what a disgrace that they are. 

I remember after we lost 5-1 away at Forest under Pearson. Within minutes he’d got the players out on the radio apologising. Even Wayne Brown (lol) had been apologising to the fans for their performance.

Instead we’ve got Maddison moaning because he’s being rightfully criticised. There a team full of big time charlie’s on big wages, think they’re the dogs bollocks. But they’re spineless. Maybe the rollocking from Smith was needed straight after. 

A stronger more bothered manager would have done that.

...perhaps it was not the right time to speak to the players as what you would probably say to the players would be detrimental to what you are looking to achieve!!!

Sometimes the emotions at the time bring out words and reactions that you would later regret so a "count to ten" was the right approach.

When they come in the next day, you can speak in a more controlled manner and take decisions that you have had time to process.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps it was not the right time to speak to the players as what you would probably say to the players would be detrimental to what you are looking to achieve!!!

Sometimes the emotions at the time bring out words and reactions that you would later regret so a "count to ten" was the right approach.

When they come in the next day, you can speak in a more controlled manner and take decisions that you have had time to process.

But what has he achieved? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.