Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Iverson will stay in goal.

He will go three at the back. Soyuncu May get a reprieve if not the third will be Evans. Three centre backs who can hit a pass - win it and get it wide. 

Two energetic full backs in Khristiansen and Riccy. A midfield two of Mendy and Wilf (just win it wilf). Maddison in the middle pulling the strings.

Vardy/Daka/Kel to make the two upfront until Barnes comes back. 

It will be back to basic football. In theory it’s exactly what we need. With a bit of luck, I hope it works practically.

??? What is that? 5 at the back plus two defensive midfielders? Did you see how horrendous we were at the weekend going forward 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

No I read up

Targett was villas player of the season 

McGinn 3 goals 8 assists more than adequate to play in midfield

Martinez had a better season in 20/21 than 21/22

So did Watkins with 14 goals and 9 assists 

And did the penny drop that Deano got a group of players that had never played in the PL to avoid relegation? Those players came from the Championship, Div 2 in Spain, Scotland (not one of the big 2) and the Arsenal reserves who spent 8 years out on loan in the lower divisions.

Seeing his interview, he's certainly saying the right things and if he can get the players working hard, running hard and fighting, then we have more chance of getting results than we saw under Rodgers and SAS. Even if we do end up going down, I think most of us just want to see some pride and passion in these players and go down fighting rather than going down with a whimper like we were. Time will tell and they haven't got much time to change things so getting the team selections right and making sure the players are fighting and doing the basics right will give us a decent chance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Now knowing what your voice sounds like, I know exactly how you said this 🤣

He came to us (Villa) albeit in the Championship and we looked like midtable crap and he got us promoted and won 10 on the spin. This was after sacking Bruce because we were so bad and couldn't get a win

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Guy said:

Great appointment in my opinion - especially with Shakey as no. 2 who already knows the club (even if only current playing personnel Vardy, Amartey, Mendy - plus arguably a young Harvey B. now remain from his last time here in 2017, pre Puel)....and with John Terry somewhere in the mix too to hopefully sort 'that defence' out with the help of S&S!  

Not just you but everyone seems to be forgetting it was Shakespeare that had a big part in bringing iheanacho to the club as well so we might finally get the best out of him

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Oh god I hope you’re wrong, there should be a financial carrot but if they’ve made other commitments it’s further evidence they are utterly clueless.

Exactly. Regardless of what happens, this is a short term appointment. The club can’t be wooed into giving anything more over the summer. We need to build for the next era and Smith isn’t that guy

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Seeing his interview, he's certainly saying the right things and if he can get the players working hard, running hard and fighting, then we have more chance of getting results than we saw under Rodgers and SAS. Even if we do end up going down, I think most of us just want to see some pride and passion in these players and go down fighting rather than going down with a whimper like we were. Time will tell and they haven't got much time to change things so getting the team selections right and making sure the players are fighting and doing the basics right will give us a decent chance.

That is guaranteed with Deano, JT and Shaky

4 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

??? What is that? 5 at the back plus two defensive midfielders? Did you see how horrendous we were at the weekend going forward 

Only once in his time at Villa did Deano play 5 at the back and in that game we started with no strikers and had none on the bench (we had a few injuries at the time). Dean plays 4-3-2-1/4-3-3.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Begley said:

And did the penny drop that Deano got a group of players that had never played in the PL to avoid relegation? Those players came from the Championship, Div 2 in Spain, Scotland (not one of the big 2) and the Arsenal reserves who spent 8 years out on loan in the lower divisions.

Actually having looked that was the season later 

You seem very defensive are you a relative of Deano 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Not just you but everyone seems to be forgetting it was Shakespeare that had a big part in bringing iheanacho to the club as well so we might finally get the best out of him

Hard to see the best of Iheanacho when he hardly plays! Hopefully Smith can see his value.

5 minutes ago, winter-magpie said:

Getting Terry on board is probably the best news about this from your perspective. Villa declined notably when he left and he's likely to be the most important motivational figure now in the club.

That is true. When JT left our defense got worse and we went backward. JT and DS together are a great team and they clearly get on well together, u can see it in the body language when they are together, they respect eachother

• Like 1

Breath of fresh air listening to the Smith interview. Saying it how it is, no bleating on about how great he is, filling the conversation with pointless tripe. Feeling positive about the last 8 games. It’s just a shame we have Man city and Erling first 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Deano can some how get two wins from the next three though he'll have the whole KP on his side.

If Deano can get two wins from the next three, he'll part the waters, ascend to the heavens, and laugh at the tiny mortals in the KP.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Filberts lovechild said:

I agree..

Ndidi and Mendy together in the middle DOES NOT WORK !

We need to be moving the ball forward a lot, lot quicker,  just play Mendy.

Ndidi had been, shall we say, way below par this season and Mendy can actually pass to a player in the same shirt.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lfu said:

Might not have been anyone's first choice (or second choice, or so on) but they're three good coaches and Smith showed he could turn things around at Villa. Nothing less than full support from now until the end of the season.

And if the LCFC social media admin happens to read this, you know the deal: call me J. Jonah Jameson because I want pictures of Spiderman SST each holding two balls on my desk the LCFC twitter page by tomorrow.

twoballsshakeysmithterry.thumb.jpg.4e136064c3885cd718881087cf2eea24.jpg

So that's why Terry is so good.

He has 3 Balls.

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are easily pleased!!!

Terry is an abomination and an embarrassment to have on this backroom team. As a person it would be hard to find someone more dislikeable. 

Off the top of my head rather JT than any of them 

Craig Bellamy 

Jamie Carragher  

Garry Neville 

Ashley Cole 

Joey Barton

Lee Bowyer 

Duncan Ferguson 

The more I think about the combination of these three, the more I like it. 

Now let's do what Top said and let's all do our bit - scream, shout and sing. Make some noise and give the ****ers all our support. 

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more! Or close the wall up with our Lestoh dead.

In relegation there's nothing so becomes a man,

As Rotherham away and humiliation:

But when the blast of the kick off whistle blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action....of the FOX."

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

...it is not about going forward, we are playing on the counter!!!

So long as we keep the wingbacks at home we will be able to keep them at bay. Vardy and Daka to  be the outball.