Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

His post match comments today, saying how he’ll speak to them tomorrow and that the players should take tonight.

No. You go mental at them in that dressing room. You lay into them and highlight what a disgrace that they are. 

I remember after we lost 5-1 away at Forest under Pearson. Within minutes he’d got the players out on the radio apologising. Even Wayne Brown (lol) had been apologising to the fans for their performance.

Instead we’ve got Maddison moaning because he’s being rightfully criticised. There a team full of big time charlie’s on big wages, think they’re the dogs bollocks. But they’re spineless. Maybe the rollocking from Smith was needed straight after. 

A stronger more bothered manager would have done that.

I wonder to what extent they're at all arsed about what he has to say. I don't doubt that you're probably right in your assessment of the squad -  if that is the case then why would they listen to a manager who was sacked for underperforming in the division below and is about as likely to be at the club next season as they are? Other than the fact they're professionally obliged to of course but I think everyone at the club has long since given up the pretence of caring much about their professional obligations.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we will only find that out at the end of the season!!!

At this moment he has to believe that he can get the points that we need, and he has to impart that belief into his squad.

How ? I don’t think he has a clue. If he had the results would have been somewhat better.

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we will only find that out at the end of the season!!!

At this moment he has to believe that he can get the points that we need, and he has to impart that belief into his squad.

(

40 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

How ? I don’t think he has a clue. If he had the results would have been somewhat better.

(

...whether he can or not, he just cannot throw up his arms and give up!!!

He has to believe that he can turn our game around, there is no point in being in this game if you give up when the going gets rough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

What a job he has done, gone from outside chance of relegation according to opta to one of the favourites since he been here 

We were 19th when he came in. How did we have an outside chance of relegation?

• Like 2

Came in with an almost impossible challenge. I think the 'new manager bounce' has already worn off. The defensive issues and lack of protection for the defence, key moments not going our way, silly mistakes from players, lack of confidence, lack of common sense. It all just worms its way back in based on today. 

It just looks mega bleak. A fraction of where we find ourselves is down to Smith. The damage was quite clearly done way before be came in. 

I think it's just a bad sign that what have been 3 winnable games, we've absolutely choked. And it just seems worse that Forest and Everton have bagged 3pts today. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Came in with an almost impossible challenge. I think the 'new manager bounce' has already worn off. The defensive issues and lack of protection for the defence, key moments not going our way, silly mistakes from players, lack of confidence, lack of common sense. It all just worms its way back in based on today. 

It just looks mega bleak. A fraction of where we find ourselves is down to Smith. The damage was quite clearly done way before be came in. 

I think it's just a bad sign that what have been 3 winnable games, we've absolutely choked. And it just seems worse that Forest and Everton have bagged 3pts today. 

Correct.  Smith isn’t a good manager (which is why he took the job under these circumstances) but even a good manager would have struggled to keep us up with where the board and Fraudgers left the side.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Not going to lay much, if any blame at his door if we do go down. The change should have been made months before. 

However, I don't think he should stay on. We need a complete reset and clear-out of all coaching staff, and most importantly, the ones who have stayed on through multiple managers. 

We have had amazing success in this past decade, but all good things come to and end, and we must wipe the slate clean now and build again. 

Agree

Let’s be honest what is there to hold onto,

Swept away inside Rodgers stubborn ideologies..Even with mitigating excuses,he didn’t send out his squad,with any decent presentation or performance.That is the least as manager you have to do at PL level..

There might be 4 players I would like to hold onto…but some descisions will be made and most like closed before now,and direct after EOS.

Even if by some weird fate,we survive it must be a good clear out, and reassesment

at high management & owner level.

The Smith team,won’t be that making of us, but at present I can’t think of anybody

else either…

The club lost any feeling or nous, of being clever.

Top & KP might have After Vichais death then Corona, have unknown mitigating circumstances,so I wont go down any corridor of assumptions or presumption.
The inside running of the club were ( as always through PL club) was upto a board making suggestions & giving advice.

Top was too naive trusting & relying on others,and let the season run too long.

Though is it wise,to throw axes,because out of frustration,

we want to see heads roll.

I really don’t know..:dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The Smith team,won’t be that making of us, but at present I can’t think of anybody

else either…

This is a big problem. If we thought we weren't an attractive prospect a couple of months ago, what will we be like in a few games as a relegated team?! 

No idea who we could get to take over. It could likely be someone already doing well in the Championship that would fancy jumping ship, but I haven't being paying any real attention down there for years. Didn't expect us to be back there this soon

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This is a big problem. If we thought we weren't an attractive prospect a couple of months ago, what will we be like in a few games as a relegated team?! 

No idea who we could get to take over. It could likely be someone already doing well in the Championship that would fancy jumping ship, but I haven't being paying any real attention down there for years. Didn't expect us to be back there this soon

It’s easy one for me…

Seriously just get him back now and stop all this piss**ng about 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

That Everton performance wasn't great, but I thought we played OK against Leeds.

From Southamton upto Fulham,we had so many chances as a team,to prove we

‘WERE‘ a cut above the rest. Our Major stars & players literally didnt come to the game.  They were and are not capable of putting in a fighting shift.

I never thought we would be top 8 this season…but this and pathetically how,I just couldn’t believe what was happening..I might of defended Rodgers against the witch hunts,

but since End of September I wanted him gone,even after A.Villa Spurs wins..

Even now I ask :dunno: are we doing there..Though I did say it’s not just Rodgers,far too many undercurrents..

3 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Was never a great scenario to come into but I think the realisation is the problem runs much deeper than what he can influence right now

He seemed genuinely shell-shocked from today's performance. Almost in disbelief that this set of players could be that bad in the first half. 

I expect we will see changes for Liverpool. Think he has seen what we have all season. Complete lack of fight or desire, even in our biggest game. 

• Like 1