Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Clearly not a lot as we’re condemned to relegation 

You do understand it's a weekly dynamic rating.
Unfortunately their part is just analytical.

They don't manage the team or play the games.

The point was on paper we had the easiest run in, hence the optimism in the percentages compared to the other team's games.

We have underperformed 2 points from 9 points with 2 games against fellow strugglers, arguably you could say that Fulham were also there for the taking missing 3 Key players and on a poor run 2 wins in 9.

Whilst the other clubs mentioned below have exceeded recent expectations.

Everton 4 points from 9, including 2 away games.

Forest 6 points from 9 points 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Haha 1

You can’t lay much at his door, but to have him do a firefighter job when the only time he was successful in that is because of technology fault really sums up the half arsed decisions we’ve made so far . People turned their noses up at people like Sam and experienced firefighters at the time, and it wouldn’t have necessarily been successful but it makes no sense to me why we didn’t just go for it. We’ve got the 8th highest wage bill or some shit in the league, vast amount of team were going regardless. We’re not a situation where you can bank on us just jumping back up, only Everton I think had more to lose than us in the relegation fight. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Deano is a limited manager but let's face it Pep or Klopp wouldn't get a tune out of this team of utterly spineless group of players. 

Exactly. I have enjoyed just having not to see Rodgers! Could have been anyone really, but I think it was just too late to make any real difference. 

I am sure he will want the job, but I would prefer we completely wipe the slate clean and start fresh. 

• Like 1

I don’t see any scenario where I would support keeping Smith, and certainly not if we’re in the Championship.  Bring in a young manager with some upside and try to build something.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

So managers are wrong not to back their players and  call them out publicly.(BR)

But also wrong for backing them and  not calling them out? (Smith)

Which do you want?

Fans....you got to love em.

...but when you state that Soyuncu is not putting in the effort, and state that in an interview, and keep him on the bench all season and still not use him, and then watch him play now!!!

You can call players out, just don't lie!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Deano is a limited manager but let's face it Pep or Klopp wouldn't get a tune out of this utterly spineless group of players. 

...yes they would, they would run through brick walls for them!!!

Smith does not have the kudos, he also lacks tactical nous and has previously brought proactivity to the matches and for some reason has now gone the other way.

21 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

If we are gonna go old school I would like Neil Warnock.

Everyone is going on about young managers but I think we need someone experienced.

Roy has shown sometimes old is gold .

Yeah but Neil warnock?! Oh, how the mighty have fallen that people are suggesting Neil Warnock. I feel sick. 

• Haha 1

Actually think in hindsight I'd rather Rodgers have just seen the season out. Not because Smith's been worse (he hasn't although the last two displays were as abject as anything served up under Rodgers), but more that I just wish Rodgers had that relegation on his CV as he was largely the architect for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Actually think in hindsight I'd rather Rodgers have just seen the season out. Not because Smith's been worse (he hasn't although the last two displays were as abject as anything served up under Rodgers), but more that I just wish Rodgers had that relegation on his CV as he was largely the architect for it.

Is a massive cop out for him, I bet he’ll he like well they could’ve stayed up under me 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Yeah but Neil warnock?! Oh, how the mighty have fallen that people are suggesting Neil Warnock. I feel sick. 

Let's be honest it's where we are as a club at the moment.

We are going to the Championship, I would like us to bring in someone who has experience in that league and knows how to get teams out of it.

We have are not as attractive as we were before, massive rebuild with not much money to spend, many managers will avoid.

People go on about the next young up and coming manager being the new Pep but we have seen many come and fall very quickly.

Gark Monk

Lampard 

Gerrard 

Parker

Ole 

& many more 

Think we need to take page out of Palaces book and go old school.

6 minutes ago, somebum said:

Im telling you we should have brought in Dyche or Big Sam. I was laughed at for even suggesting it previously. Now look at the state we are in. Relegation is more or less confirmed.

Maybe Dyche would have faired better, especially if he had been appointed a few weeks earlier.

That said, with this bunch of spineless weaklings I am not sure any manager could have saved us.

We are rotten.

Edited by JimmyC74

5 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Maybe Dyche would have faired better, especially if he had been appointed a few weeks earlier.

That said, with this bunch of spineless weaklings I am not sure any manager could have saved us.

We are rotten.

Thats for sure

The biggest problem was the timing.  Not only should Toadstool have been fired much earlier so the new manager would have had a fighting chance, you would have been able to get a better caliber of new manager.

• Like 1

Smith and co have it a go but so far haven’t shored us up defensively….almost accepted our frailties.

He’s clearly come in and thought to play to our strengths or involves with the midfield playing closer to Vardy to release him quicker but ignored that our spineless tw5ts then don’t have an ounce of athleticism/care to then get back into shape.

If Youri/Soumare never started again for us after today, I’d take that….but you know Youri will be captain until the end and then leave in the Summer…madness.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

How he hasn't tried to tighten things up defensively is mind boggling. 

Problem is our midfield has been like a sieve piling on pressure and we haven’t played our strongest back 5

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Problem is our midfield has been like a sieve piling on pressure and we haven’t played our strongest back 5

Our midfield is absolutely hideous. It's  non existent defensively. We can see it, why can't Smith and do something about it?

Think we’re ****ed whatever happens now. I’d jettison tielemans for rest of season, looked awful yesterday. Play soutar as part of a five to give some stability, get KDH back in as he’s a Leicester boy and will fight. Put Mendy in and then at least try and not concede a hatful. 

• Like 2

I think the smith regime thus far has shown he and his team have pretty limited tactical nouse. we knew that shakey wasn’t blessed in this respect from his short spell in charge beginning 17/18.  JT either isn’t or isn’t listened to. And smith makes the calls so he obviously isn’t. We know from villa and Bournemouth that dumb and dumber are clueless 

so going into fixtures against klopp and Howe should fill us with dread - the only chance we have is that we out fight them and kill them with intensity.  So two sh1t shows await. 

last game against west ham becomes the only chance we have and it’s possible that 33 won’t be enough anyway