Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

My Brentford supporting mate came in today 

asked me how smith was getting on 

reminded me that he’d warned me he was a no plan B go for it coach and to expect a wild ride 

tbh, I’d forgotten that ….

I hadn’t recalled villa being that one dimensional In their escape season 

Smith has had virtually no time …. but, even so, has made virtually no difference. I look at how organised, aggressive and together Everton look under Dyche and turn green with envy. We could have given him that time. And more. 

The only saving grace I can see, it was round this time in the same situation of how he kept Villa up. It was doom and gloom, Villa needed to find seven points out of their last three to stay up, somehow he wins two in a row and drew to West Ham, one of the wins was against Arsenal.

So maybe just maybe our version could be coming against Liverpool. 

Honestly to keep us up now, he'd go down as a great. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The players saved us after Claudio left - we went back to auto pilot 

the following season showed shakey’s tactical ability - punt it long for vards to chase was plan A, B and C 

Go back and watch the first game of the season at arsenal and how we manoeuvred ourselves from winning 3-2 to losing 4-3 by bringing kel on for his debut with fifteen to go in place of a midfielder……

he was an integral part of the ups of the past decade because he laid the base with NP and supported Claudio in a way that he couldn’t manage with the players 

however shakey hasn’t shown me that he has any real tactical nouse in his armoury.  (Unless smith just ignores him which I find difficult to believe) 

Agreed the pair didn’t exactly set the world a light at Norwich, a lot of Villa and Norwich fans blamed their demise on JT not being there. That may well have been  wishful thinking.

If he can shock us and get results in the last few games to keep us up then deserves short term contract to see how we start.

The only issue with that is the rebuilding, you wouldn’t really want a mangers input that is short term. 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they went for Terry too, especially being a class defender and having to see what our defences have served up. 

..they would just keep on perpetrating the same errors, should they do that!!!

We cannot continue to make the wrong calls, eventually someone will have to sit down and decide where we want to go, what we want to achieve, and how long for it to come to fruition. Making decisions on the hoof does not work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Why did they have a planned day off when you consider our current predicament? I hope today’s training doesn’t even involve football, just get them running. 

It was so the majority of them could nurse their hangovers.

If the 3 Amigos still succeeded,and we stay up…

The forum will be split…Stay or go…

Whatever happens we need   ˋ „A rebuilder´“…

Who fits that bill?? 

That 10year+. momentum,unfortunately  has gone.

What, Claudio, & Rodgers destroyed is unfathomable..

>>  Puel had a job & made some inways,but not on the field  <<

we start again from the beginning..

Who & Where are those….Rebuilders, to be found

Don't get why people are surprised there's a day off. With a week in between games, it's usual to have a rest day. 

But they've not deserved it. So it's actually a good call by Smith to get them in. I suspect he was fuming yesterday at half time and full time. 

These players need a kick up their backside. 

• Like 3

How come in a day of sports science are they so fuching unfit? 

I would have thought that they would be non stop running by this stage of the season and playing for their lives 

The fact they are are little lambs to the slaughter and Maddison comes out and confirms that they weren't up for it is unforgivable 

Get shot of the lot of them - start again, bring in the youth and those who will put their heart and soul into the club and careers 

rest and recovery day is normal, definitely don't deserve it though. hopefully we get the same sort of reaction as when Man Utd did it after getting punted by Brentford start of the season (although without the Ronaldo style strop)

31 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Why did they have a planned day off when you consider our current predicament? I hope today’s training doesn’t even involve football, just get them running. 

.. Smith said yesterday that it was not the right time to pick through what happened within the game, and had asked them to come in today!!!

Bawling them out might have been a good idea, considering what transpired on the pitch, it would have made a lot of us feel better, it is not always the best thing to do. Sleep on it, come in positive and re-iterate your standards.

31 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

How come in a day of sports science are they so fuching unfit? 

I would have thought that they would be non stop running by this stage of the season and playing for their lives 

The fact they are are little lambs to the slaughter and Maddison comes out and confirms that they weren't up for it is unforgivable 

Get shot of the lot of them - start again, bring in the youth and those who will put their heart and soul into the club and careers 

I think large part of the problem stems from the fact that we had a manager who "knew best", hence why half our scouting department up sticks and left.

Trouble is, the club never challenged Brendan and let him get on with it. And our Director of Football has been doing lord knows what for the past 2 years, certainly not extending contracts or managing the clubs strategy and recruitment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

If the 3 Amigos still succeeded,and we stay up…

The forum will be split…Stay or go…

Whatever happens we need   ˋ „A rebuilder´“…

Who fits that bill?? 

That 10year+. momentum,unfortunately  has gone.

What, Claudio, & Rodgers destroyed is unfathomable..

>>  Puel had a job & made some inways,but not on the field  <<

we start again from the beginning..

Who & Where are those….Rebuilders, to be found

I agree with the sentiment, but was your cat walking across your keyboard as you typed this?