Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

Just now, Blue ROI said:

Smith wasn't the most inspiring appointment but 5 points out of 12 isnt a bad return. Over the course of a season thats safety assured.

The buck stops with Rodgers though. Don't let any clueless reporters tell you otherwise.

Nail on the head

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dean's a little rough around the edges and might not be as eloquent as our former Irish dwarf, but he's done a decent job with the situation he's been handed.

He's probably tried to go a little too attacking at times (i.e. not playing a DM away at Fulham to screen the defence) but he's clearly trying to win certain games.

It's a bit chaotic at times, but it's symptomatic of where we are.  It's also not his fault players like Youri and Madders aren't putting it in - they're obviously not looking to get injured before their forthcoming moves.

Real shame he wasn't brought in a few weeks sooner.  But yet again, another piece of poor management from our incompetent board.

When we go down (and we will), I'd be happy to keep him on if he wants it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's harsh to blame any manager who's given seven games to keep you in the league with the squad and options we have. Deano I'd say has already got a lot more out of Vardy, than Rodgers has in two seasons so there's a positive note. 

Deano though as got realise that neither Tielemans or Soumare are good enough to keep us in the league. Best option is to throw Ndidi and Dewsbury Hall back into the starting XI. 

2 seasons? He scored 15 last season

4 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Smith wasn't the most inspiring appointment but 5 points out of 12 isnt a bad return. Over the course of a season thats safety assured.

The buck stops with Rodgers though. Don't let any clueless reporters tell you otherwise.

pretty much, that returns around 47-48 points over a 38 game season which is solidly midtable. unfortunately we needed more than midtable form to fix the problem created by the world's largest ego

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

pretty much, that returns around 47-48 points over a 38 game season which is solidly midtable. unfortunately we needed more than midtable form to fix the problem created by the world's largest ego

Shouldn’t you factor in a new manager bounce though? Over 38 games, after the bounce has deflated we’d probably be nearer points wise where we are now anyway, particularly if Smith continued to set up the midfield without a CDM like at Fulham. 

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Shouldn’t you factor in a new manager bounce though? Over 38 games, after the bounce has deflated we’d probably be nearer points wise where we are now anyway, particularly if Smith continued to set up the midfield without a CDM like at Fulham. 

new manager bounce doesn't really exist tbh. it's a phenomenon that everyone believes in but there's nothing when looking at points returns that suggests it's a real phenomenon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

You just wish Deano had them two games before the Man City match. Villa and Bournemouth. Could have got something out of them two games, may not have won both, but could easily got couple points out them. Two points that could have been vital on the final day of the season. 

And more importantly, he would have had the chance to change the feeling, style and tactics a bit more. Impossible to judge how good a job he's done at the end of the season and whether he's a good long term fit.

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

But he has 5 from 15, I’m not sure why people keep saying 4.

Also it could be argued that they were a favourable set of games after the Man City game, hence why the we wasn’t favourites for the drop even when we were in the relegation places. 

If as expected we lose out next two his average drops to .71 which equates to a 26.9 average season. 

Time will tell, on how he performs with the team in the next 3 games. I hope he pulls it off keeps us up and gets the job on the back of it, maybe on a nshort term review at till Xmas. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

new manager bounce doesn't really exist tbh. it's a phenomenon that everyone believes in but there's nothing when looking at points returns that suggests it's a real phenomenon

Next you’re going to tell me the Mandela effect isn't  real. I can’t cope. 

44 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

But he has 5 from 15, I’m not sure why people keep saying 4.

Also it could be argued that they were a favourable set of games after the Man City game, hence why the we wasn’t favourites for the drop even when we were in the relegation places. 

If as expected we lose out next two his average drops to .71 which equates to a 26.9 average season. 

Time will tell, on how he performs with the team in the next 3 games. I hope he pulls it off keeps us up and gets the job on the back of it, maybe on a nshort term review at till Xmas. 

5 from 15 is till a whole lot better than 1 from 18 that our 'elite' manager Rodgers had before him. 

It would be about 2 from 33 at best if Mini Me was still here.

I think you could argue that he's got the midfield wrong more often than not. Even the win against Wolves, he made a HT switch to bring KDH on that massively helped us.

Our most consistent results this season have come with either Youri and KDH as the middle two or both + Soumare.

Whilst I completely agree KDH was not in form, in hindsight he'd have been better bringing him in rather than Ndidi.

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I think you could argue that he's got the midfield wrong more often than not. Even the win against Wolves, he made a HT switch to bring KDH on that massively helped us.

Our most consistent results this season have come with either Youri and KDH as the middle two or both + Soumare.

Whilst I completely agree KDH was not in form, in hindsight he'd have been better bringing him in rather than Ndidi.

Yeah I know he’s been gash recently but I think it’s time KDH is reinstated. Feel he’s learned his lesson 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

5 from 15 is till a whole lot better than 1 from 18 that our 'elite' manager Rodgers had before him. 

It would be about 2 from 33 at best if Mini Me was still here.

Why stop at 6 games? if it was 8 games it’s 7 points from 8 

with tough games on paper against 

Spurs 

Villa 

Man u

Arsenal 

Chelsea

I’m not disputing Rodgers needed to go, just let’s not pretend Smith is setting the world on fire so far.

The remaining games will be pivotal on deciding if he has done a better or worse Job than the Manager he replaced.

15 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah I know he’s been gash recently but I think it’s time KDH is reinstated. Feel he’s learned his lesson 

KDH's poor performances were overstated on here. He is a limited player and nobody can deny that but he's the only midfielder we have with a jot of stamina and ability to press. I notice he played in what was our best half under Smith so far (Wolves H 2nd half).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Why stop at 6 games? if it was 8 games it’s 7 points from 8 

with tough games on paper against 

Spurs 

Villa 

Man u

Arsenal 

Chelsea

I’m not disputing Rodgers needed to go, just let’s not pretend Smith is setting the world on fire so far.

The remaining games will be pivotal on deciding if he has done a better or worse Job than the Manager he replaced.

I'm not convinced by Smith either but he got more from those 5 games than Rodgers ever would that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

I'm not convinced by Smith either but he got more from those 5 games than Rodgers ever would that's for sure.

He averaged 0.89 PPM this season.

I think it’s a bit of stretch to say it was impossible for him to get 5 points from those 5 games.

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Wasn't really about learning his lesson, his quality on the ball was really poor.

However, we are in the shit and need effort and character and I back him to give us those.

On 09/05/2023 at 18:52, Tazfox said:

I agree with the sentiment, but was your cat walking across your keyboard as you typed this? 

No I prefer to confuse you & use Solid English..while breaking every teachers law book..and the cat can’t meow in English..

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I quite like him, seems a nice enough guy. Shakey too. But we need something different. They’re just a bunch of guys. Terry too. “Sound guys”. Lads. Can’t be arsed. We need something newer. More forward thinking. They look like a father/uncle/son combo going for one last mad holiday to Magaluf. I know it’s patronising, but fvck it, I’m in a bad mood……. We need analytics. We need new concepts. Bigger brains. The whole thing is so depressing. Football in this country is so far behind. Fvck it all. Get rid. Bring in some 20 year old hipster genius with a degree and cropped trousers. Can’t be arsed with any more “let’s get it up em” lads. Also. Wtf is Terry doing here really? Racist serial cheater. It’s embarrassing. And another thing. My flow recently. Wtf?! Used to be strong and true. Now it’s a dribble. I keep leaking too. After I’ve weed. A little wet patch. Wtf is that?!? And music. Why does everyone sing on that stupid voice now? You know the one. Weird accent and odd intonation? I blame cvnting Mumford and Sons. Also, what in sh1tting crikey is the point in anything. Fvcking waste of time cvntos. 

Sounds like you been watching highlights of the last 3 LCFC matches.

58 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

100% he needs to play Mendy. Failing that, I think we’d actually have been better off recalling Hamza for the run in. Defensively our midfield has been obsolete. It’s sad isn’t it.

You do know that you can’t recall players from loans away from January - and even then only if a recall clause was inserted 

mendy is better than hamza - it’s just that smith and shakey have been in a time warp for 18 months.