Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

He's blown it for me, I wonder if he's done his research, going back to zonal marking, playing soumare and tielemens in the same side, dropping mendy when at times he was our best midfielder, not using souttar to cause havoc in the opposition box with corners and free kicks. More wasted opportunities for me

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

KDH's poor performances were overstated on here. He is a limited player and nobody can deny that but he's the only midfielder we have with a jot of stamina and ability to press. I notice he played in what was our best half under Smith so far (Wolves H 2nd half).

KDH in for me , but if I were to drop a player between soumare and tielemens, it'd be the latter, I think soumare has been more the battler of the 2 

• Like 2

Smith's reign so far, in depth review each game.

Man City: Lost: No surprise, never going to win. Was expecting a cricket score, first half an hour it was looking that way. Thank god Haaland went off at half time otherwise it could have been worse. Second half we looked fairly okay, created a couple decent chances and score one. So positives out of that one.

Wolves: Win: Very poor first half, so slow to get started. Lucky to be drawing at the break, second half much improved more life deserved the three points.

Leeds: Draw: Very end to end encounter could have gone either way, decent point.

Everton: Draw: Started slow again! but again like Leeds end to end. Had huge opportunity to win the game and threw it away.

Fulham: Lose: Horrendous first half, took too pieces.. second half we started to attack more but left the back door open for Fulham to score more. Created some decent chances, but don't take them then... get nowt. 

Theme to every game under Smith is the slow start...  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

KDH in for me , but if I were to drop a player between soumare and tielemens, it'd be the latter, I think soumare has been more the battler of the 2 

Mendy shown more fight than Tielemans Soumare having a Mare after a couple of decent games is KDH the right choice trouble is who else can we replace him with ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Mendy shown more fight than Tielemans Soumare having a Mare after a couple of decent games is KDH the right choice trouble is who else can we replace him with ?

I'm not sure about that, Soumare covered alot of ground past few games, hes strong also, but his downfall is hes not very rapid and still getting to grips with the pace of the game, I can see why soumare has be starting. i wouldnt object to Soumare and Mendy

• Like 2

Just seems like it’s a ‘boys club’ with Smith , Shakespeare and JT. Too nice again. 

He’s literally done the opposite of what we needed to do which was stop conceding goals - we’ve been able to score goals all season. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Just seems like it’s a ‘boys club’ with Smith , Shakespeare and JT. Too nice again. 

He’s literally done the opposite of what we needed to do which was stop conceding goals - we’ve been able to score goals all season. 

I kinda see what he tried to do by creating a more positive atmosphere at training/around the camp.

However, his disregard for players defending as a team and lack of tactical nous has made him stand out for wrong reasons if wanted to stay on after the season ended.

• Like 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12085375/Dean-Smith-makes-bizarre-achievement-claim-Leicester-stay-group-players-weve-got.html

Dean Smith makes bizarre 'achievement' claim if Leicester stay up

By Max Mathews For Mailonline 14:47, 15 May 2023 , updated 16:19, 15 May 2023

Leicester boss has insisted it would be 'an achievement' if Leicester avoided relegation this season.

The Midlands side finished eighth in the Premier League last season, four points off the places and six points off the Europa League places, having won the FA Cup for the first time in their history the previous year.

However, this season has been hugely disappointing, with Smith's predecessor sacked in April after a last-gasp loss against .

The club signed defenders Wout Faes in the summer and Harry Souttar and Victor Kristiansen in January, yet their form has continued to nosedive.

And despite possessing players with the talent of James Maddison, Jamie Vardy, Harvey Barnes and Youri Tielemans, Smith has claimed he would be proud if the Foxes stayed up. 

Dean Smith has insisted it would be an achievement if Leicester avoid relegation this season 

The Foxes currently lie 19th in the Premier League table and are at serious risk of going down 

His comments come despite Foxes having the talents of Harvey Barnes and James Maddison 

He said: 'It'll be an achievement if we can stay up with the group of players that we've got and the position they were in.

'And it would be one that we would be really pleased about afterwards.'

When asked if he was able to think beyond the end of this campaign, Smith added: 'No, not at all. I mean, I can't even think beyond Liverpool at the moment, so I'm just concentrating on that.' 

Smith, 52, was speaking ahead of the club's clash with Liverpool at the King Power stadium on Monday evening.

The former Aston Villa and Norwich manager has won one, drawn two and lost two of his five games in charge. 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12085375/Dean-Smith-makes-bizarre-achievement-claim-Leicester-stay-group-players-weve-got.html

Dean Smith makes bizarre 'achievement' claim if Leicester stay up

By Max Mathews For Mailonline 14:47, 15 May 2023 , updated 16:19, 15 May 2023

Leicester boss has insisted it would be 'an achievement' if Leicester avoided relegation this season.

The Midlands side finished eighth in the Premier League last season, four points off the places and six points off the Europa League places, having won the FA Cup for the first time in their history the previous year.

However, this season has been hugely disappointing, with Smith's predecessor sacked in April after a last-gasp loss against .

The club signed defenders Wout Faes in the summer and Harry Souttar and Victor Kristiansen in January, yet their form has continued to nosedive.

And despite possessing players with the talent of James Maddison, Jamie Vardy, Harvey Barnes and Youri Tielemans, Smith has claimed he would be proud if the Foxes stayed up. 

Dean Smith has insisted it would be an achievement if Leicester avoid relegation this season 

The Foxes currently lie 19th in the Premier League table and are at serious risk of going down 

His comments come despite Foxes having the talents of Harvey Barnes and James Maddison 

He said: 'It'll be an achievement if we can stay up with the group of players that we've got and the position they were in.

'And it would be one that we would be really pleased about afterwards.'

When asked if he was able to think beyond the end of this campaign, Smith added: 'No, not at all. I mean, I can't even think beyond Liverpool at the moment, so I'm just concentrating on that.' 

Smith, 52, was speaking ahead of the club's clash with Liverpool at the King Power stadium on Monday evening.

The former Aston Villa and Norwich manager has won one, drawn two and lost two of his five games in charge. 

What's bizarre about that?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sounds quite similar to what Rodgers has said about the squad. Basically absolving himself of blame, although to be fair he won't really be to blame.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Better way to word it would be, "We know we have the ability we just need to go out and show it" Build the confidence but make them aware they aren't playing to their potential. Even if it might not be true, it's better than saying "You're all shit and it'll be a miracle if we stay up"

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 15:47, justfoxes said:

Mendy played brilliantly for those only two games we won this calendar year. Then he was dropped after one not so brilliant game just like the rest of the team. I don’t get why he is not seen by coaches and some fans alike as a glue player who does all the selfless unseen things. He has to start, even in place of Tielemans who is just not interested and not focussed enough. Mendy has to play.

I don’t mind Soumare, but Tielemans makes too many mistakes. Mendy’s quick positioning is needed against a rampant Liverpool.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Exactly, given where we are right now, it would take a miracle to get out of relegation.

The damage was done by Rodgers during the last few years, slowly peeling confidence and drive off the players. 

On 11/05/2023 at 19:06, splinterdream said:

I'm not sure about that, Soumare covered alot of ground past few games, hes strong also, but his downfall is hes not very rapid and still getting to grips with the pace of the game, I can see why soumare has be starting. i wouldnt object to Soumare and Mendy

I don’t mind Soumare but Mendy has to start. His quick positioning helps us get out of the press a lot better, and he makes less mistakes than Soumare. I am ok with Soumare and Mendy at least for the first 60 mins. Even Tielemans and Mendy but Tielemans makes far too many mistakes.

Mendy has played really well in the limited time he has played. Not sure why he is always the first one to be dropped when others are not pulling their socks up. And please don’t start Ndidi - worst of the choices.

32 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Exactly, given where we are right now, it would take a miracle to get out of relegation.

The damage was done by Rodgers during the last few years, slowly peeling confidence and drive off the players. 

It will be a miracle because of the position we're in, but its more the talking down of the players that's the issue. As you say, the confidence has been drained, so why basically call them all crap. If we have any chance to get out at all he needs to instill some confidence in them, not add the the Rodgers confidence drain.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

i know this is hard to answer with all the hatred we feel. And he is definitely responsible for this but…….  how many points do we honestly think we’d have now if brendan was still in charge? 

I can’t help but feel we might actually have more points on the board. 

He might have been a curse on the club but tactically he’s miles ahead of smith and obviously SAS. 

Surely we  might have actually got a win from everton, leeds or bournemouth.  We were honking and he had to go, i’m not denying that… but I do think we’d be better placed right now if he hadn’t left.  Of course it could have gone even more sour and we could have spiralled further. But i never got the impression he fully lost the dressing room. I’ve just been shocked by how clueless smith is personally. 

Edited by Lambert09

If big deano has picked ndidi soumare and tielemans in midfield tonight he should be sacked before the game kicks off.

Has he not been watching the past few games?

Absolute joke if true.

• Like 1

Just now, adam said:

If big deano has picked ndidi soumare and tielemans in midfield tonight he should be sacked before the game kicks off.

Has he not been watching the past few games?

Absolute joke if true.

Absolutely bang on - if that’s the midfield and he has left out Mendy and kdh for those lot again he should be booted out before kick off - absolutely no idea what he is doing - championship manager with championship tactics 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I don’t mind Soumare but Mendy has to start. His quick positioning helps us get out of the press a lot better, and he makes less mistakes than Soumare. I am ok with Soumare and Mendy at least for the first 60 mins. Even Tielemans and Mendy but Tielemans makes far too many mistakes.

Mendy has played really well in the limited time he has played. Not sure why he is always the first one to be dropped when others are not pulling their socks up. And please don’t start Ndidi - worst of the choices.

Hard to work out what's going on. We used to blame  BR when he'd drop Mendy, but we now find Deano doesn't pick him either.  

16 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Saying this with the absolute hope it comes back to make me look stupid.

But Deano ain't that bright is he.

Not learned that having Soumare and Tielemans and midfield leaves us desperately exposed.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out Deano. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i know this is hard to answer with all the hatred we feel. And he is definitely responsible for this but…….  how many points do we honestly think we’d have now if brendan was still in charge? 

I can’t help but feel we might actually have more points on the board. 

He might have been a curse on the club but tactically he’s miles ahead of smith and obviously SAS. 

Surely we  might have actually got a win from everton, leeds or bournemouth.  We were honking and he had to go, i’m not denying that… but I do think we’d be better placed right now if he hadn’t left.  Of course it could have gone even more sour and we could have spiralled further. But i never got the impression he fully lost the dressing room. I’ve just been shocked by how clueless smith is personally. 

Brendan’s time was up. I’m not sure we’d have done any better. 

However I think the question really is, is we’d have had Big Sam would we have done more.

I think most likely. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Hard to work out what's going on. We used to blame  BR when he'd drop Mendy, but we now find Deano doesn't pick him either.  

At least he dropped Ndidi earlier.

Deano is probably influenced by Shakey and the coaches here like Sadler who kept selecting him when caretaking. 

As a new manager, unless you are a flashy kind of player like Soyuncu, it is hard to pick an unflashy guy like Mendy who doesn’t do flashy stuff in training but when you look at his game in real games, it is clear he should be picked.

• Like 1