Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

If he was in place for the Bournemouth and Villa games we might have actually stood a chance. 

Based on what? We’ve been just as shite with him in charge… no motivation, no effort from anyone.

He can piss off now

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Watch them give him the gig permanently 

That will confirm how lazy and unambitious we have become, he really  is not the answer at all, I see no improvement at all nothing of note anywhere.

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12085375/Dean-Smith-makes-bizarre-achievement-claim-Leicester-stay-group-players-weve-got.html

Dean Smith makes bizarre 'achievement' claim if Leicester stay up

By Max Mathews For Mailonline 14:47, 15 May 2023 , updated 16:19, 15 May 2023

Leicester boss has insisted it would be 'an achievement' if Leicester avoided relegation this season.

The Midlands side finished eighth in the Premier League last season, four points off the places and six points off the Europa League places, having won the FA Cup for the first time in their history the previous year.

However, this season has been hugely disappointing, with Smith's predecessor sacked in April after a last-gasp loss against .

The club signed defenders Wout Faes in the summer and Harry Souttar and Victor Kristiansen in January, yet their form has continued to nosedive.

And despite possessing players with the talent of James Maddison, Jamie Vardy, Harvey Barnes and Youri Tielemans, Smith has claimed he would be proud if the Foxes stayed up. 

Dean Smith has insisted it would be an achievement if Leicester avoid relegation this season 

The Foxes currently lie 19th in the Premier League table and are at serious risk of going down 

His comments come despite Foxes having the talents of Harvey Barnes and James Maddison 

He said: 'It'll be an achievement if we can stay up with the group of players that we've got and the position they were in.

'And it would be one that we would be really pleased about afterwards.'

When asked if he was able to think beyond the end of this campaign, Smith added: 'No, not at all. I mean, I can't even think beyond Liverpool at the moment, so I'm just concentrating on that.' 

Smith, 52, was speaking ahead of the club's clash with Liverpool at the King Power stadium on Monday evening.

The former Aston Villa and Norwich manager has won one, drawn two and lost two of his five games in charge. 

...sounds exactly the same comment as Rodgers made  prior to leaving, sounds like he has been taking instructions from Roldgers, he is just as inept!!!

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sounds exactly the same comment as Rodgers made  prior to leaving, sounds like he has been taking instructions from Roldgers, he is just as inept!!!

Looks like he is going to end up with less points per match average. Which takes some doing baring in mind rodgers results 

• Like 1

I'd hoped this guy would come in and change things up. Even thought maybe he'd be good next year if we got relegated. No thanks.

Really can't workout what he's doing or what his plan is. Seem's to just throw 11 players out there and hope for the best.

There's no Grealish here to save him. And he looks lost.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

Well I’ve got to say that initially I was happy with this appointment but it’s gone down hill really rapidly but then I do wonder if anyone else would have done any better? 

certainly glad we didn’t go for Jessie lasso but I do hope he’s not given the job full time now. So disappointed as well as having Shakey and Teddy I thought would go down really well with the players, bunch of Wombles. 

• Like 2

I can't honestly believe they are instructing them to actually go out and play the way they are. We have had very little pattern or direction to our play all season.

For the first 15-20 minutes yesterday we actually looked like we knew what we were doing, another mistake and everything rapidly fell apart and then we were done.

Smith, JT and Shakey were dealt an awfully bad hand, I honestly doubt anyone could have got this group of players to produce anything close to acceptable performances,

• Like 3

On 16/05/2023 at 13:26, Livid said:

I can't honestly believe they are instructing them to actually go out and play the way they are. We have had very little pattern or direction to our play all season.

For the first 15-20 minutes yesterday we actually looked like we knew what we were doing, another mistake and everything rapidly fell apart and then we were done.

Smith, JT and Shakey were dealt an awfully bad hand, I honestly doubt anyone could have got this group of players to produce anything close to acceptable performances,

...they knew what they were coming in to do, it was not just dropped on them!!!

If they were successful it would be a big bonus and the possibility of the job long term.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they knew what they were coming in to do, it was not just dropped on them!!!

If they were successful it would be a big bonus and the possibility of the job long term.

I bet no one told them that these players are mentally weak.

Has no idea what he is doing - team selection and tactics have been absolutely pathetic - zero build up play at all - championship manager with championship tactics - horrendous appointment - just another nightmare decision from our club 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 3

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I bet no one told them that these players are mentally weak.

...he would have known if he had done his homework!!!

Pretty much shows with his lack of knowledge of our players and making Youri the centre of everything. I just hope he has finally seen he has been badly advised about this. He would have been better advised and could have sat down with the Birch to get the details on our squad.

I suspect that we will see Tielemans in the team for Newcastle, he even had him in the #10 spot with Maddison pushed wide. Just once play Tete and give him the 90, all these planned substitutions are like managing by numbers.

Think it's harsh to put too much blame to Smith, but we are definitely getting the version Norwich fans told us about and not the one Villa fans rate highly. 

Unpopular but Big Sam would have been a much better appointment - easy in hindsight though. 

Just read that Cov played a 5 man midfield tonight.

What is it with these managers we select who don't seem to bother with one? 

I've been screaming for us to pack midfield a) to offer much more assistance to the defence and b) to stop the opponent playing and keep them far higher up the pitch

A pragmatic combo of Praet Mendy Wilf Youri KDH Maddison would give is far more stability 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Nothing pragmatic about lining up with five CM's

Ok, let's go with Smith's plan then.....play 4 up front and get totally ripped to shreds inside 10 mins of every single game. 

When you are in trouble, theres a 

basic format to organising a team. Stay narrow.  Stay close to each other. Press as a unit. Block crosses..Clear lines and re organise. Hit the channels. 

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Think it's harsh to put too much blame to Smith, but we are definitely getting the version Norwich fans told us about and not the one Villa fans rate highly. 

Unpopular but Big Sam would have been a much better appointment - easy in hindsight though. 

...Grealish was calling the play at Villa!!!

You can see he has no ideas himself, prior to his appointment we were all saying no to him coming here, we were forced to give him a chance, and he blew it,  I really hope he does not get another one.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...Grealish was calling the play at Villa!!!

You can see he has no ideas himself, prior to his appointment we were all saying no to him coming here, we were forced to give him a chance, and he blew it,  I really hope he does not get another one.

Absolutely peak Leicester for us to get relegated and still give him the job