Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

They'll most likely get the jobs anyway even if (when) we go down as long as they can get some fight into the team and a bit of attitude and character. 

Really hope they do , it's exactly what we need , 😁

10 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I agree..

Ndidi and Mendy together in the middle DOES NOT WORK !

We need to be moving the ball forward a lot, lot quicker,  just play Mendy.

Ndidi had been, shall we say, way below par this season and Mendy can actually pass to a player in the same shirt.

...we are looking to get at them through broken play!!!

We need the DMs to be solid, they need to disrupt the play and Maddison to play Daka and Vardy in. We are not going to spend much time on the ball and we do not need the Wingbacks pushing forward to support 

Welcome Deano! 

Think it’s important we don’t get too down/lose fresh momentum when we inevitably get battered on Saturday. Keep it respectable and ensure our GD is better than those around us, could effectively be another point for us if it comes down to the wire. 

Then rescue mission starts with a win against Wolves :fc: good luck lads!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gruss101 said:

Welcome Deano! 

Think it’s important we don’t get too down/lose fresh momentum when we inevitably get battered on Saturday. Keep it respectable and ensure our GD is better than those around us, could effectively be another point for us if it comes down to the wire. 

Then rescue mission starts with a win against Wolves :fc: good luck lads!

What about Man City 😉

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

The appointments don’t make me hard, but I do feel a twitch. Please god let’s play attacking football and go all out for points. 

Give me a break, at your age a twitch is as a good as it gets. ;)

Edited by Smudge
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So, question to FT. 

If the trio manage to turn this around and we scrape through and survive, full time contract? Or say thanks and part ways? 

Personally if the effort levels improve I think it would be hard to say no to giving him a shot if he keeps us up, but at the same time I think there are far better options out there for us for a long term rebuild. Id feel pretty bad if he kept us up and had to leave. 

I think this suits both parties possibly. We need a manager till the end of the season, and see where we all are? And Dean and Co, get to improve their reputation/CV. Could be a match made in heaven....I'll get my coat! 

John Terry Posts Loving Tribute To John Terry - Late Tackle Magazine

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Begley said:

Only once in his time at Villa did Deano play 5 at the back and in that game we started with no strikers and had none on the bench (we had a few injuries at the time). Dean plays 4-3-2-1/4-3-3.

We have Tete at RW (poor) and are light in midfield, need to play 2 up front and 3 atb for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We have Tete at RW (poor) and are light in midfield, need to play 2 up front and 3 atb for the forseeable future.

It won't happen. U will be one up front. He will convert someone to a winger. He will get a player playing behind the striker. Maybe Vardy dropping back. He has lost his pace so maybe he can become a different type of player

The main worry I have is that the current back room staff has worked with the new manager team before and they will be listened to and continue to blindsidedly use Ndidi ahead of Mendy and leaving Nacho on the bench.  No one in the team seems to know what a handicap Ndidi is and has been the center of our problems on the pitch for years (I don’t blame him; just the manager who keeps selecting him).

• Like 1

Ndidi was pretty decent when Shakespeare was here before, though played more games due to Rudkin messing up the Adrien Silva deal.

Saturday's team should tell us who's putting the work in at Seagrave.  Defeat is virtually guaranteed, but at least we can put up a little more fight than we've seen in the last few games.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are easily pleased!!!

Terry is an abomination and an embarrassment to have on this backroom team. As a person it would be hard to find someone more dislikeable. 

So you’d rather have Kolo Toure over John Terry? Based on the fact that he’s made mistakes, like everyone else in the world? Are you being serious?

LCFC wins over anything but your family, as long as Terry doesn’t fancy your missus, there is no problem from you’re perspective. Thanks for understanding.

Edit: our previous defence coach was hardly squeeky clean.

Edited by dooflip
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

The main worry I have is that the current back room staff has worked with the new manager team before and they will be listened to and continue to blindsidedly use Ndidi ahead of Mendy and leaving Nacho on the bench.  No one in the team seems to know what a handicap Ndidi is and has been the center of our problems on the pitch for years (I don’t blame him; just the manager who keeps selecting him).

Is the role of a good coach to get players with the potential to play better. If a new coach just goes along with what the fans or social media think then surely he is the wrong man for the job

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Not just you but everyone seems to be forgetting it was Shakespeare that had a big part in bringing iheanacho to the club as well so we might finally get the best out of him

Big blooper from me there - also I forgot to mention Ndidi of course!