Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

I just can’t see Smith learning from his mistakes and he’ll start the worst midfield trio in Youri, Soumare and Wilf again won’t he?

I had very little hope when Smith was first linked, then actually liked his honesty and had a tad of excitement for the trio, now I feel like he is completely out of his depth.

As others said, if the club has no plan (like they did when they sacked Brendan) then I genuinely worry about next season and beyond.

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

You could hear him through the telly right at the end, shouting at Iversen to get on with it. He was standing at the sideline for the better part of 2nd half shouting at them to push forward, but they didn't seem bothered.

Yep, I suspect his plan was to soak up pressure for 60 mins, then attack for the final 30, his subs reflect that, the players flat out ignored him. Wherever these players end up, I hope they rot on the bench until the day they retire.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Has hardly improved us at all. 

That’s just not true. 

He’s not returned us to being the team we should be on paper - but Rodgers saw to that. 

He’s not the saviour we wanted, but he was an improvement on Rodgers. We’d never have walked away from here with a point if he was still in charge. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

That’s just not true. 

He’s not returned us to being the team we should be on paper - but Rodgers saw to that. 

He’s not the saviour we wanted, but he was an improvement on Rodgers. We’d never have walked away from here with a point if he was still in charge. 

Exactly. He's been disappointing and whilst that was as negative as it gets, just shows that if we'd had a manager who could have made us hard to beat for some games, we wouldn't be in this mess.

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That’s just not true. 

Statistically he isn’t an improvement though, he is getting less point per game than rodgers did despite what was labelled the easiest run of the relegation candidates when he got the job 

• Like 1

What can you say? A draw tonight is as good as we could've expected really. Comes down to the last match. Better than I expected after we dilly n dallied for so long. I think Smith has done alright. Not spectacular. Slightly better than treading water. 

Blame the board for not recognising the threat. At least we take it to the last game. Who knows, it may be another spectacular day. 

25 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Absolutely horrendous tactics tonight, I mentioned a few days ago his pre-match conference was terrible and he sounded negative in a must-win fixture, talking about us needing a draw and how we must be hard to beat. That's what he has achieved tonight, negative football and now we go into the final game with it fully out of our control. 

HOWEVER, a massive however here, multiple times I saw him on the touchline absolutely howling, screaming with passion for the players to offer space, screaming to get them attacking. I know he set us up to soak up pressure, but I refuse to believe this woeful performance was ever his full game plan. These players need to rot somewhere. 

If we would of played like that against Fulham and Everton we'd be safe already, how anyone could of expected us to beat Newcastle how we've been playing recently I'd say our chances are about 25% now and they'd of been around 10% without that point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Didn't like the line up but thought the subs were positive and he was desperate for us to go forward.

Players to blame towards the end.

This. And you can’t ask for more. 

The players responded in part but carried the weight of a Rodgers season. 

I’m left wondering how different it could all have been if we’d had direction and competence from the get go - and how much the pathetic attitude from the happy clappers has played a part. 

He isn’t a tactical manager. What he did today is what I expected him to do when he first came in. He left us so open, we didn’t take anything v Fulham or even Liverpool. It cost us v Everton and we are lucky we still took something. 

He is being paid to shithouse survival and when he tries to be a manager it affects us. 

• Like 1