Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I actually don’t want to blame Maddison as I like him and think he’s performed well overall. But fvck that penalty miss against Everton was the decider wasn’t it? 

Yes, yes it was.

100%.

Sorry Rumble!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I thought he’d be better to be honest. Fulham and Everton games ultimately cost us.

had very little time to work out anything really though, I think he's done okay no worse than what anyone else would have done. 

We left it to late sacking Rodgers we may as well have just kept him and we may have survived, club have had a shocker have they been asleep for the past 12 months?

Edited by whoareyaaa

If he's guilty of anything, then it is not realising the players weren't good enough to go toe to toe with most teams.  The penny dropped when it was too late, but he hasn't been the only one to be hoodwinked by the supposed quality of the team.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

If we hire him I’m going to bin my season ticket and go watch Rugby. (Even though I’d rather rub dog shit into my eyes) 

No better than what that toss pot Rodgers would have done.

Needed to beat Leeds or Everton ultimately  hence the relegation.

Might have been a success at Villa because of his past, dont want him here though.

I wonder at what point Smith realised he'd made a mistake coming to us. I think reading one of the big articles it could've been as soon as after the first game when there'd supposedly been some big bust up.

I do think he meant it when he thought the situation was rectifiable but I also think he'd have realised what a shitshow he was walking into quite quickly as well.

Unfortunately the middle four games of his tenure were disastrous. Fulham is genuinely one of the most unforgivable showings I've ever seen from us - quite possibly 'the' worst actually.

I actually think if he'd come in a bit earlier he'd have kept us up, as I saw a little improvement, but he took too long to learn what needed fixing in a job that had extremely little time.

That's him likely done at this level unless he comes back up with another team - actually wouldn't put it past us to give him the job, while I know this isn't the intention of the club, I can see them panicking and turning to him when they've spent two weeks pissing around for Potter to turn them down.

Two straight relegations for him in this league. That's a death knell I think.

Good luck to him, but ultimately, he failed.