Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I could be living in total cuckooland, desperate for a bit of positivity after a long stretch of pure misery watching us but I was interested in reading Villa's forum.

He really is their Pearson. I think they acknowledge he's no elite coach, but he's a good builder, a good judge of character, somebody on there made the point that a lot of their side they're smashing it with now are Smith's signings rather than Gerrard's and that Emery's coaching has raised the level, but ultimately Smith was the one recruiting the right characters and whatnot.

Interestingly I read a Norwich fan on there say that he takes back most of the shit he gave Smith, thinks that their squad is in-fact crap anyway and that they've barely improved under Wagner either.

I've just got a slightly good feeling about him. I don't know if it's that absence of optimism I've had for so long but I've just got a feeling this may work. Smith, Shakespeare and Terry need to install some much missing fundamentals into this team and quickly.

These echo my thoughts exactly, although I think we have left it just a few games too late, especially with Man City next up, which gives them just 7 games and with injuries and rock bottom confidence, I feel it may all be too much to drag us out of this. 

However, it certainly feels good to have a glimmer of hope again! 

• Like 4

Let’s face it. Shakey alone has just improve our coaching team. I think some of the players will feel positive to have him back, which in itself might breathe confidence again. He knows the club and won’t take long at all to settle. Let’s hope he has brought his NP spirit with him.

JT is the leader we’ve been crying out for in the dressing room. A winner and a captain.

Whatever you thought of before this appointment we have no other choice now than to back him. We now have a leader an organiser and let’s get behind them and bring back the positivity. 

We’re going to need one hell of a manager bounce.

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Guy said:

Great appointment in my opinion - especially with Shakey as no. 2 who already knows the club (even if only current playing personnel Vardy, Amartey, Mendy - plus arguably a young Harvey B. now remain from his last time here in 2017, pre Puel)....and with John Terry somewhere in the mix too to hopefully sort 'that defence' out with the help of S&S!  

Edit : Forgot Nacho and Ndidii!

Edited by Guy

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Interesting views n making it hard for teams to come to the KP no more rolling over and allowing them to walk over us, he definitely is saying h right things JT to tighten the defence Dean & Shaky to get us purring again it’s definitely looking up I now really believe we’re staying up but we should have got these guys in the same week we parted with Brendan !

Don't you mean straight after Southampton away when Brendan should've been sacked straight after?! Now is better than anything quintessentially later though I guess!

• Like 1

This is it now. No more pissing about.

get them organized smiffy and Terry don’t hold back on the hair dry yet treatment to any player that’s doesn’t give a toss. Sort them all out and smack em Around a bit if needed. The nice nicey approach has not worked. It’s time for the fear of god approach. Smiffy doesn’t want to fail he’s gonna give it all he’s got and will expect the same from ALL the players. Hope they give a bollocking to Bertrand and vesty too for fannying about in the gym all this time.

this is gonna be great! I just hope we don’t run out of time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shailen said:

John Terry is a great appointment. Proven winner and someone to help solidify our defence. Smith and Shakey are a good duo too. 

Strange how we perceive things.

I thought he was the worst of the three given he is an absolute **** tbf.

Wouldn't want him anywhere close to Leeds.

2 hours ago, John12345 said:

Smith was also a no nonsense centre back and captain of leyton orient for years.  Used to watch him. Not that it means a lot. But he will have an appreciation of defence and organisation. Like JT.

Absolutely! If he could get our defence up to  the standard of Leyton Orient, I would be delighted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could work in our favour that we have Man City at the weekend. It is essentially a free hit and means more time on the training pitch before the sequence of 4 pivotal games starting with Wolves.

I like the balance in the coaching staff, and I think we’ve given ourselves a good chance with this appointment. It’s not over just yet!

• Like 2

Shakespeare has been here before, however he left in October 2017. 

Seagrave wasn’t built.

The only players remaining are Vardy, Amartey, Mendy, Ndidi and Iheanacho. Nacho was only here for 8 weeks before he’d gone. 

This is more about the process and getting them playing football again with some self belief. 

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are easily pleased!!!

Terry is an abomination and an embarrassment to have on this backroom team. As a person it would be hard to find someone more dislikeable. 

Agreed. I dislike Terry as an individual - I suspect his morality and motives and, were I Dean Smith, would keep a tight rein on his personal involvement with the players.

Notwithstanding that, this is an interim and time limited period. The squad need a line drawn in the sand and 'strong' characters to impose a fresh atmosphere of discipline and confidence. This is a survival battle and, given that, the strategy Smith needs to implement has to be one of simplicity - encouraging an atmosphere of solidarity and fighting spirit - based on vigorous attacking and defending. 'Leicester City expects' and all that banner waving stuff.

If Terry can energise and organise a defence currently in tatters, then I'd say thank you and good luck in your next job.

I think, survive in the Prem or not, City need a recovery season in which to sort out the squad. I hate the phrase 'dead wood' applied to professional footballers, but several players must be transferred away, in order to cleanse the atmosphere which Rodgers, by his corrosive mentality, has allowed to fester.

There are players who could form a core of committed battlers. Vestergaard needs to be put on gardening leave. Bertrand is going, isn't he? Soumaré just isn't ever going to fully utilise his technical skill. Wilf, Cags, Tielemans have all, in some way, lost the way and Madders will be transferred - which is the biggest loss.

It's my hope that Smith and Shakespeare can induce a thorough spring clean. We still have excellent players, but I wonder if these lions were led too long by donkeys.

• Like 2

not as inspiring as we could have gotten if we'd acted when Villa or Wolves did but that's a lesson for the board not to focus on the pennies so much you ignore the pounds (Rodgers payoff is chump change compared to the loss of income relegation would bring). Best option to keep us up though, let's hit the ground running in that week of Wolves, Leeds, Everton then lads