Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

25 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Smith wouldn't be my first choice, but then I don't know who would be! Smith seems likable and got 9 points from 8 games including man city, liverpool and Newcastle. Yes Fulham was atrocious, but if he was in before villa and Bournemouth I think we'd have stayed up. 

We need to act quickly over the summer with players and he has the benefit of already knowing the squad and what changes need to be made. He also referenced fitness when he came in, so he clearly saw the team wasn't fit enough and I'd expect him to change that. 

He wouldn't be exciting, and I doubt he'd be linked to prem clubs like kompany has, but he might do the job. 

Tend to agree. There is a tendency to think the grass will be greener with AN Other. The fact is the other championship managers mentioned have just failed to get promoted otherwise they would be in top flight and wouldn't come here anyway. Not convinced DS is right choice but no guarantees with anyone. Would Rafa be interested now? Who are the others that realistically might be appointed? Club needs to get on with decision and not drag too long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Yep that fits in with stupidity of our hierarchy quite well. 

Again I don't particularly want him, but our board won't do anything adventurous and they could do a lot worse then appoint someone with two Championship promotions to his name.

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Tend to agree. There is a tendency to think the grass will be greener with AN Other. The fact is the other championship managers mentioned have just failed to get promoted otherwise they would be in top flight and wouldn't come here anyway. Not convinced DS is right choice but no guarantees with anyone. Would Rafa be interested now? Who are the others that realistically might be appointed? Club needs to get on with decision and not drag too long.

I think you may he pleasantly surprised at how quick an appointment will be made. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We are all presuming Smith would take it.

The club is in such a mess maybe he's seen enough and wouldn't want it anyway.

Our sense of entertainment is beyond belief at times here. 

Who realistically do people think we can attract?

Taking our club on right now is a huge gamble to anyone. 

I know we are very much glass half empty having been suffocated with this dross all season, but I still believe from the outside looking in, we are a very attractive club to manage.

Ambitious, great stadium, state of the art training facilities, reputation for unearthing top players & still some good players on the books for the championship, even taking away the obvious departures.

What we have achieved, against odds, on a few occasions,  is still fresh and i would have thought whoever comes will believe that similar can be achieved again.

It's a chance for someone to really make their name.

Same goes for players, I think we'll be a very attractive club for either Premier league loans and / or top players at Championship level.

Edited by adejo92

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Again I don't particularly want him, but our board won't do anything adventurous and they could do a lot worse then appoint someone with two Championship promotions to his name.

May as well stick with Smith then. Has experience dealing with rebuilds and success on a budget. Parker has no experience with this, Fulham were destined to rebound due to their squad quality - god knows what squad we’ll have - he’s failed elsewhere. 

if the club take a risk and keep some of our better players the likes a Scott Parker would work but that won’t happen as they wouldn’t spend when it mattered this year and wouldn’t pay Rodger’s off when it mattered either. Budget FC. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I think he's done okay. 9 points from 8 games, which gets 43 points over a season. 

The only result which was terrible was the Fulham away game. The other losses to Liverpool and Man City could be expected. With a little bit more luck we could have won the Leeds and Everton game but there you go. 

Could have also lost the Everton game it wasn’t for Iversen.

don’t forget Leeds were getting pumped at the time and there for the taking.
It was a favourable run of games as he said his remit was survival which he failed. 
Let’s hope we don’t reward failure. 

• Like 1

I think that leaving it at yesterday is probably the best option. I feel that I sympathise with Smith more than most on this forum. He was dealt a terrible hand and I do think that there was a slight improvement. That said, it wasn’t enough and he didn’t get us over the line, despite us missing huge chances against Leeds and Everton. 

In terms of people who are culpable for our demise, he is right at the bottom. The fact of the matter is, Smith isn’t good enough at this level, but still, if he came in before the Crystal Palace match then I think he keeps us up. I just find it to be unforgivable that the club waited after the international break. It really just highlights the incompetence of Rodgers and the board.

His transparency and home truths about the club were appreciated, but I find it hard to believe that he is the man to take us forward. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Himmm..

The same Scott Parker who was 

Sacked by Bournemouth and then sacked by Brugge after 12 games? 

Yet you like the idea of Smith sacked from recently relegated promotion favourites Norwich after 3 wins from 13 league games in the Championship.

I still can’t blame the bloke.

He played Nachos whenever he could, unlike Rodgers who just let him rot on the bench. Then Nachos got injured and we had no more attacking output.

If Perez and Albrighton were not let go by Rodgers, he may have had more options.

42 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

May as well stick with Smith then. Has experience dealing with rebuilds and success on a budget. Parker has no experience with this, Fulham were destined to rebound due to their squad quality - god knows what squad we’ll have - he’s failed elsewhere. 

if the club take a risk and keep some of our better players the likes a Scott Parker would work but that won’t happen as they wouldn’t spend when it mattered this year and wouldn’t pay Rodger’s off when it mattered either. Budget FC. 

Got Bournemouth up as well, baffling that people can write off Parker but are happy for Smith to get it full time 

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yet you like the idea of Smith sacked from recently relegated promotion favourites Norwich after 3 wins from 13 league games in the Championship.

Don't point out Parker has better credentials after he seemed to think it was impossible that there's a realistic option out there who has a better record at that level than Smith