Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I never got the “one person” claims.

Surely it’s a boardroom vote where the majority holds weight regardless of whoever and the power that “one person” holds, you’ve been outvoted.

If you effectively own the club then you make the biggest calls

People will pull apart Deanos time at Norwich but when they sacked him they were still in the play offs. Fast forward to the end of the season they got worse and ended up midtable. Not exactly progression from there part. Can imagine some Norwich fans will look back and think maybe they were harsh there.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

People will pull apart Deanos time at Norwich but when they sacked him they were still in the play offs. Fast forward to the end of the season they got worse and ended up midtable. Not exactly progression from there part. Can imagine some Norwich fans will look back and think maybe we were harsh there.

Yeah he wasn't doing that badly in terms of league position, but they had been on a hideous run. However Norwich fans hate him, even with them finishing around 8 places lower than when he left. 

What pissed me off about Rodgers and continued under Smith up until the Newcastle game was that we showed no pragmatism for the situation we were in. Any half competent manager can organise a side in a 5 at the back to try and play for a point against sides you're likely to lose to, make yourself really difficult to beat. Turn just 2 of the 22 defeats into draws and you stay up. 

Have a go against the teams you can realistically beat, but don't be so open that the teams in the top half dismantle you like Liverpool, Fulham and City did under his reign. 

Torn whether to keep him on or not, as mentioned everywhere it's a massive rebuild but altleast he has a 7 week headstart on it, and with the right recruitment him and his team could get us back up. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m taking about realistic calls 

DoF won’t be one of those imo 

New manager without a new DoF and we just proliferate the problems we have, if it’s not realistic then that is a problem in itself

21 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Got Bournemouth up as well, baffling that people can write off Parker but are happy for Smith to get it full time 

Bournemouth another club that bounced back with a fairly intact good squad. Definitely a pattern there. 

Smith is our ‘existing’ manager there is zero outstanding reason why Parker is the outstanding candidate that makes Smith pointless keeping on. Smith an experienced builder who has been part of the Brentford money ball system and the muted (in the press) ‘red bull system’ we’ll likely be going back to, now the club realised the changes they’ve made for a club our size doesn’t work. I’d rather stick with Smith who can build that system, as he’s already been part of that already, if Parker is the alternative it’s not even in quality between the two.  And Parker has no experience when building or getting a squad up that’s will be decimated like ours. 

I more than happy with another manager BTW but we need a pragmatic choice of the type of manager that will help stabilise and build something  

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Slept on it. Should consider him if Terry and Shakey are in. Get rid if either those 2 want out. 

Deano feels an uninspiring decision to me. Yes he knows the players tho the squad will change signifcantly, he didn’t seem to fancy any of our January signings, failed to make us defensively hard to beat when we only needed a few points. It’s a no from me

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

People will pull apart Deanos time at Norwich but when they sacked him they were still in the play offs. Fast forward to the end of the season they got worse and ended up midtable. Not exactly progression from there part. Can imagine some Norwich fans will look back and think maybe they were harsh there.

They won't mate. But the problems at that club go much deeper than the manager.

Bit like here!

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Deano feels an uninspiring decision to me. Yes he knows the players tho the squad will change signifcantly, he didn’t seem to fancy any of our January signings, failed to make us defensively hard to beat when we only needed a few points. It’s a no from me

Harsh to judge him on those signings when he had no hand in their recruitment. I agree its uninspired, although i would argue JT brings the inspiration and respect as one of the best defenders the PL ever saw. The Championship is going to be a hard slog that someone like Potter won't be up for. Next season is going to be about recycling the squad properly and getting some good building blocks in place. If we can keep JT and some of those new recruits in defense then we have a good start.

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you effectively own the club then you make the biggest calls

So it was Top’s choice?

Because everyone seems to be blaming Rudkin and that he has way to much persuasion on Top’s decisions.

Now if the claims of “one person” are true and it was Top voting ‘in’ the above claims don’t stack up, if it was Rudkin voting ‘in’ he lost the majority vote.

Ultimately I blame them all as a collective for not having enough backbone between them.

Also, I’m looking back at @themightyfin comments after the Newcastle cup game that the result “changed everything” (something along those lines). I fail to see what it changed because nothing changes for quite a substantial amount of time after that game. Nothing. Zilch.

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Harsh to judge him on those signings when he had no hand in their recruitment. I agree its uninspired, although i would argue JT brings the inspiration and respect as one of the best defenders the PL ever saw. The Championship is going to be a hard slog that someone like Potter won't be up for. Next season is going to be about recycling the squad properly and getting some good building blocks in place. If we can keep JT and some of those new recruits in defense then we have a good start.

Think he would be the expedient choice as he is already here and we need some1 quickly as preseason probably starts in 3-4 weeks.

For me the Fulham, Leeds, Everton games are where he failed his audition. He failed to make us harder to beat, ignored Mendy when Soumare and Youri let oppo midfields have a free run on our box etc etc

if he gets the job I would back him but I just don’t know he is the right choice. It’s all conjecture tho, who knows who could turn this group around.

Edited by JimmyC74

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

So it was Top’s choice?

Because everyone seems to be blaming Rudkin and that he has way to much persuasion on Top’s decisions.

Now if the claims of “one person” are true and it was Top voting ‘in’ the above claims don’t stack up, if it was Rudkin voting ‘in’ he lost the majority vote.

Ultimately I blame them all as a collective for not having enough backbone between them.

Also, I’m looking back at @themightyfin comments after the Newcastle cup game that the result “changed everything” (something along those lines). I fail to see what it changed because nothing changes for quite a substantial amount of time after that game. Nothing. Zilch.

BR lost Rudkin's support very early on. 

It’s always dangerous to appoint a caretaker after a period of success so I don’t get the logic to appoint him after failure.

Whatever the mitigation - and there is plenty - his one job was to preserve our premier league status and he failed. Part of the reset should start with a new manager and coaching staff 

3 hours ago, squidsworth said:

Nah, a decent chap who gave it a go. But showed little nous and not exactly tactical brilliance. Like when you are 0-0 with Newcastle with 20 to play, he should have gone all out for a win at that stage.

But he/they stuck to the game plan to try and not concede when only a win would really do.  Basically gave us a few percent extra chance of staying up when a win would have made it all in our own hands. All it took was to be brave for a few minutes, and you never know what might have happened. But we played it out to take what was, in hindsight, a pointless point. And that says it all to me. He ain't for us long term.

...that painless point gave us a chance on the last day, it forced Everton to have to win their game!!!

He is not good enough to bring in on a long term contract, anyone seeing him as an option, takes the same shortsighted approach, that has got us here.