Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

It's an easy option. He has settled, seen and evaluated the squad, worked in the Championship before and could get to work straight away...

Still prefer we went for someone else though. I think he has his name attached to our failure, just like many others. We need a complete refresh to begin our massive rebuild job. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bayfox said:

And even if it is/was the club or certainly Top have placed so much faith in Rudkin that it could take months to speak to and hire someone else. Better off just ****ing him off if anything appointing the manager and then finding someone to work with him down the line. 

Any half decent appointment in the managerial position should be able to sort out who he wants to keep, who he needs gone. Top and Susan should then be able accept offers, move those players on, bring players in.

...we need to identify what we want to be, how we wish to play and set out a plan to install that philosophy throughout the club!!!

That innovation for us will come from the DoF and that is where the problem begins, because the current incumbent is not fit for purpose. 

Asking Rudkin to step aside is not going to be easy for Khun Top, but for the sake of this club, it needs to happen. Going by Khun Top's reluctance to look anywhere apart from his doorstep, he has to see bringing Walsh back in as an option that resolves a plethora of issues in one stroke of a pen.

The role could be done remotely,  Wenger continued to work in Japan whilst setting up a new structure at Arsenal. Liaising with Glover and identifying players that we need and more importantly finding the manager to lead the club in this new chapter is essential. 

Rudkin will just look next door, there is nothing innovative or good can come from that.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

It's an easy option. He has settled, seen and evaluated the squad, worked in the Championship before and could get to work straight away...

Still prefer we went for someone else though. I think he has his name attached to our failure, just like many others. We need a complete refresh to begin our massive rebuild job. 

When Gordon Lee kept us up in 1991, no-one in the world suggested keeping Lee as permanent manager. He'd done his bit. Within 2 days we gave him a golden handshake and moved on.

If Smith stayed on I wouldn't be entirely downcast about it but imagine if he lost two of the first 3? 4 of the first 6? By the time we got to September he'd have lost the fanbase already and we'd have a hybrid of new players settling and old players pissed off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt said:

...I  am assuming that this person has more knowledge than I regarding the club!!!

If this was the case, and I find it hard to believe,  Khun Top's failure to intervene and curtail Rodgers tenure still makes him the most culpable character in this saga. Irrespective of the thoughts and actions of Rudkin, khun Top could have shut the problem down a long time ago.

It changes nothing in the blame game. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am assuming that this person has more knowledge than I regarding the club!!!

If this was the case, and I find it hard to believe,  Khun Top's failure to intervene and curtail Rodgers tenure still makes him the most culpable character in this saga. Irrespective of the thoughts and actions of Rudkin, khun Top could have shut the problem down a long time ago.

It changes nothing in the blame game. 

And yet I've seen exactly the opposite in another article today that it was Whelan who preferred to keep Rodgers here.

No-one knows the exact in and outs, the club let so little out into the mainstream it's difficult to believe anything you read.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we need to identify what we want to be, how we wish to play and set out a plan to install that philosophy throughout the club!!!

That innovation for us will come from the DoF and that is where the problem begins, because the current incumbent is not fit for purpose. 

Asking Rudkin to step aside is not going to be easy for Khun Top, but for the sake of this club, it needs to happen. Going by Khun Top's reluctance to look anywhere apart from his doorstep, he has to see bringing Walsh back in as an option that resolves a plethora of issues in one stroke of a pen.

The role could be done remotely,  Wenger continued to work in Japan whilst setting up a new structure at Arsenal. Liaising with Glover and identifying players that we need and more importantly finding the manager to lead the club in this new chapter is essential. 

Rudkin will just look next door, there is nothing innovative or good can come from that.

You're certainly not wrong, but we have 60 ofd days before the new season, it could take months to fix that. Where at least if we have a manager in place we can plan for the short term. 

Do you trust a club that has been ran like a shit show for 18 months to have any idea of where and who they want as director of football. Cuz I don't.

Best case is they appoint someone with a clear vision and follow that lead. Then appoint someone above him if they still feel that is the correct model. 

You are right about looking next door although if that's at cov and Robins I wouldn't be against it. Feel it's time for a new approach, look at someone who has working on a budget, sto0 paying 10 million a year. Actually realise the situation we are in. 

Carrick at Boro, the lad at Barnsley, even lutons manager, ok he may want a crack at the top flight. But stop chasing the likes of Potter and come up with something different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

And yet I've seen exactly the opposite in another article today that it was Whelan who preferred to keep Rodgers here.

No-one knows the exact in and outs, the club let so little out into the mainstream it's difficult to believe anything you read.

Especially on Foxestalk…

bloody forum lies through its teeth every week..

One thing I would say if we hadn't appointed Deano and stuck with Rodgers to the end of the season and had the same outcome of relegation, would we be suggesting Deano for the job now. I mean before he took over his championship record is pretty good, i'm sure Deano would have been quite popular choice. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

One thing I would say if we hadn't appointed Deano and stuck with Rodgers to the end of the season and had the same outcome of relegation, would we be suggesting Deano for the job now. I mean before he took over his championship record is pretty good, i'm sure Deano would have been quite popular choice. 

Absolutely not!

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

...no, he would not have been!!!

His name previously when brought up was met with disdain, something never to be considered or a matter on the sole of your shoe.

Smith has come across as a likeable person whose biggest asset is, he is not Rodgers,  say his name enough times and people start feeling comfortable with it.

Worryingly it seems it does not matter how poor the appointment will be, no one is going to publicly protest, it's not the done thing.