Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Man City Post Match

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The one thing that bothers me, is that when they made the changes and took away all of their threat… we still didn’t press them on the ball.

You can’t be 2 down and just happy to let them have the ball. We improved but the urgency and the belief that we could… still wasn’t there imo

That annoyed me too throughout the game, we just stood off and allowed them to play as they wanted.  So still Brendan-like in that respect;  I just hope out new management team get onto that very quickly.  In particular, I thought Ndidi stood off his man all game and was ineffective throughout, a shadow of the player he oonce was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nowhere near as disheartened as I thought I'd be before the match and during it when we went 3 down. 

It's one thing that Man City saved themselves for the next game vs Bayern, but I think I saw a lot in the 2nd half to give me enough confidence that we have the fight in us. 

I'm glad that Smith has seen Soyuncu and given him another chance. I wonder if 3 at the back will be the way forward for us now, and make use of the defence we have, and also allowing Maddison to stay central and have majority of the play go through him. And now I hope Smith has seen enough in Iheanacho to make sure he starts. 

Must win against Wolves, and I think we have enough in us to stop their good form and get a win. 

My only issue with us playing 3 at the back and starting Kel is that he drops so deep, normally in this case you’d have wingers hitting the box. But we wouldn’t really be playing with wingers. Although on the whole, i do agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Not disagreeing about the killjoy sentiment BUT for our momentum in the next game/run in that will be HUGE.

Imagine we had Rodgers here and the game just casually went on to finish 3-0 - NO positives to take away and focus on.

Whilst you could easily name 2/3 things such as how much more threatening our corners looked like when actually attacked them?

Positive substations such as Mendy, Kelechi (lesser extent Praet) which have a very good claim to start the next game.

Definitely things to build on, which is what it’s all about for where we find ourselves.

As a "yardstick game I don't think we could have played against a worst team.

I whole heartedly agree with your post, we were better and I can see the same positives as you.

However Man City unfortunately are so damn good and regularly out play and make the top teams look crap, so our next 3 games should not be a truer indicator of any progression. 

Well  evening gone..just happy ,we have been in such dissaray,

we could of lost 5/6-0.We didn’t, no matter how Pep rested,exchanged out his players,we didn’t get tanked..Man.city have West Ham,Leeds & Everton..

IF G.E II is going to happen, losing by just 2 goals might work in our favour..

Though W.Ham have 2 games in their favour..

Looks like after this Weekend top relegation candidates are now.
All others look safe

& Our 🦊tures, against Wolves & Leeds, must hand us 6pts..

Leicester

Everton

Leeds

Forest

Southampton

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

My only issue with us playing 3 at the back and starting Kel is that he drops so deep, normally in this case you’d have wingers hitting the box. But we wouldn’t really be playing with wingers. Although on the whole, i do agree. 

I still don’t think we have the Wb’s to make it work. 

Kristiansen, thomas and tim both don’t have enough pace to break fast enough to make it effective imo. 

VK looked knackered after 20 minutes today… and tim …. well he’s just not got enough quality on the ball imo. But i do get the feeling VK is very comfortable in forward positions. 

It suits ricardo so i wouldn’t rule it out without seeing him and vk given a go against a weaker team. 

For what it's worth, I think Thomas looked decent as a LWB. Got the vibes I did from Chilwell when he was here - plays a freer game when he has the safety net of 3 CBs behind him. He was involved in some good attacking moves.

Think he has a part to play in the survival push on today's showing. I want to see him and Kristiansen, who had a tough first half, rotate 60/30 most games ideally.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Important 3 points today. Focus on the next one <br>On a personal note, I’d also like to wish <a href="https://twitter.com/LCFC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LCFC</a> the best possible outcome for this season. You can do it 🙏🏻💙 <a href="https://t.co/IAn2z7SkYn">pic.twitter.com/IAn2z7SkYn</a></p>&mdash; Riyad Mahrez (@Mahrez22) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mahrez22/status/1647318810272169988?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Thanks 1

Not bad at the end after giving them a 3 goal lead.

Should have had a pk with their hand ball.  Ref didn't even bother to check VAR just goes to shows the big teams are favoured.

Second hand was a more even game when they took their best players off.  Could have had a draw on another day.

We still have hope.

Foxes Never Quit.  Hope we can say this again:unsure:

I look at the highlights now and just see 3 Wilf mistakes, a good save by Iverson and three missed chances by Praet, Maddison and Nacho, Wilf really is a car crash now, isn't particularly good on the ball, but isn't doing what he's supposed to be good at. Seeing as we have Mendy and Praet sitting on the bench I'd like to think one of them could start next week surely with Youri and Maddison, if not both if we go for a diamond.

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

At least he actually scored and got into threatening positions. Once again we looked better with him on the pitch instead of the bench. 

Yeah but my problem with him is that always seems to need 3 or 4 chances to score 1 goal and apart from his run in 2021, he's always been that way. Rodgers was always too quick to drop him but with Wolves, Everton & Leeds coming up he can't be anything less than clinical.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Yeah but my problem with him is that always seems to need 3 or 4 chances to score 1 goal and apart from his run in 2021, he's always been that way. Rodgers was always too quick to drop him but with Wolves, Everton & Leeds coming up he can't be anything less than clinical.

It's a risk we have to take because we create nothing now with Vardy up front.

14 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I totally get where you’re coming from. I know it’s not ideal but we gotta deal with the state of the squad at the moment. He’s the only one who might somehow get a goal for us and the other two strikers are on a desert island without him. 

Just got back.. ain’t read through pages so not sure what’s been said.. we need vk to be the player he was as today he looked off.. first half was men against boys. vardy can’t start as there is no pace there anymore.. 

I know the first half was bad but I don’t see the point in going all that way to leave on 35 mins and not come back.. it was always going to be a long afternoon but hearing we’ve got the ball/lost the ball after 15 mins 🤦‍♂️ and then a small group of young ones chanting arsenal near the break.. things can only get better surely 

Looked like it was going to be a disaster. Ended up not being due to Man City and Pep going easy and our boys actually playing better. 

Some encouragement can be taken from this and hopefully enough hope and drive to rip ourselves clear of trouble. It’s doable, so let’s do it. 

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

well done to all that travelled. Not an easy situation to be loud in 

It was a bloody amazing atmosphere out sang the ManCity fans throughout even loved the humility when we couldn’t get hold of the ball in the first half “ we’ve got the ball and we’ve lost the ball “ bloody superb,  would love that atmosphere at every home game too !

• Like 2