Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Man City Post Match

22 minutes ago, lee7 said:

It's baffling that Rodgers spent months watching us put in woeful defensive displays yet still would of happily seen out the season refusing to play Soyuncu. 

The bloke would of literally watched us get relegated rather than swallow his pride and  play Cags :facepalm:

Still fail to understand what the issue was to begin with

• Like 1

As ‘easy’ as Man City went with their changes, they still finished the game with a squad that is better than the majority of teams we will come up against. I said it in the post match thread, the first 25 minutes just stank of a team who was used to being mis-managed and had all the confidence sucked out of them. As the game went on it looked like that confidence grew and we started to try and implement what Smith wants to see. Some of the football to create chances at the end was brilliant.

I think the key to winning the games coming up will be addressing the midfield. Ndidi can’t be anywhere near for me and Tilly has to get back to playing at a higher tempo, I appreciate it was his first game back but he was largely mirroring performances we have seen from him post WC. I have faith in Dean though, he’s delivered already on elements he’s addressed in the media, getting confidence into players and getting them to show some fight.

• Like 3

I must have watched a different game yesterday. They embarrassed us and killed the game in 30 mins. (Not unique to us). 

They then took their foot off the gas and made loads of changes with an eye on upcoming games. They didn’t break sweat.

I think there is a lot of straw clutching going on. 

• Like 2

Lots of positives from yesterday, mainly our goal difference didn’t take a battering, we showed some character, fight and a fair bit of quality in the 2nd half and on another day if we had taken our chances actually could have walked out winning 4-3. 

Great to see a Management team having a positive impact at half time and also making proactive in game changes and substitutions, we got stronger and better the more the game went on and that is a real good sign that Smith and team can make changes and tactical tweaks that are effective. 

1st half the confidence looked shot from the very 1st minute but Smith, Shakey and JT certainly had them looking more confident in the 2nd half. Hopefully that 2nd half performance will give everyone a springboard for the remaining fixtures which are all winnable if we can build and maintain some positive momentum. 

Yes we lost but it wasn’t a bad result our season won’t be defined by yesterdays game it will be defined by these upcoming games where we need to win.

Manchester City have beaten far better teams than us more comfortably.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mendi said:

Bad result.

6 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

I must have watched a different game yesterday. They embarrassed us and killed the game in 30 mins. (Not unique to us). 

They then took their foot off the gas and made loads of changes with an eye on upcoming games. They didn’t break sweat.

Man City have made light work of most teams….. it was smiths first game in charge, and probably was more of a sounding out process… We were never in a million years going to get a result, particularly considering how bad we’ve been over the last three games.

The positives are, we created some chances and looked more organised as a team which is a good sign.

To try and be negative after losing to the potential champions with possibly the greatest striker ever to ply the game, is just pointless. 

Start winging on four games time if we’re still in this position.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
16 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

You weren’t watching a different game. That’s what happened.

Why it’s been given the slant it has on here is typical to FT. You see it all the time. People are prepared to give Smith et al the benefit of the doubt at present, generally because we have no choice. We’ll either stay up or go down with him in charge.

But if that performance yesterday had happened with Rodgers still in charge, there’d have been none of this positivity about what had been seen in the second half. Most people would have been fuming about the first half and that would have been that. 
FT is it’s own microcosm of football fanism.

The relegation fight starts now, after which Smith will either be hailed ‘a hero’ if he keeps us up (he’ll only have done his job btw) or ‘a bad appointment’ if he doesn’t (where the argument will probably be then that ‘he didn’t have enough time’ etc).

Fascinating stuff to read.

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why it’s been given the slant it has on here is typical to FT. You see it all the time. People are prepared to give Smith et al the benefit of the doubt at present, generally because we have no choice. We’ll either stay up or go down with him in charge.

But if that performance yesterday had happened with Rodgers still in charge, there’d have been none of this positivity about what had been seen in the second half. Most people would have been fuming about the first half and that would have been that. 

The relegation fight starts now, after which Smith will either be hailed ‘a hero’ if he keeps us up (he’ll only have done his job btw) or ‘a bad appointment’ if he doesn’t (where the argument will probably be then that ‘he didn’t have enough time’ etc).

It’s a highly emotive game Col and people were feeling completely disconnected by the time Rodgers eventually left. The club have clearly noted and acknowledged as we’ve seen with all the training ground photos and videos. Yes we’ve got no choice and the cynic in me knows you’re right, I wouldn’t have given Rodgers or players as much credit but we’ve got to hope haven’t we? We need to hope there is something clicking to give ourselves a chance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

What we seen yesterday was a team playing for each other again something that was abolished under Rodgers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That's kind of the point of FT, lots of different opinions, not sure what your angle is to be honest, you saying its a good thing, or saying it's a bad thing? If it's the latter you best log out if your not happy with lots of different opinions and views, it wont be a useful way of spending your time trying to police everyone to agree with you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

The first two goals were unfortunate. Stones has never scored a goal like that and probably never will again. Harsh penalty later and we'd be up against it whoever we played. 

Even with the ManC changes they still had a better team than most in the Premier League. We won't come up against a better team this season and we more than held our own for 45 mins. 

Nothing wrong with straw clutching in the circumstances. What else is there? 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I often read your posts and wonder if you’re a football fan or a bloke that hasn’t discovered Facebook

• Haha 2

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s a highly emotive game Col and people were feeling completely disconnected by the time Rodgers eventually left. The club have clearly noted and acknowledged as we’ve seen with all the training ground photos and videos. Yes we’ve got no choice and the cynic in me knows you’re right, I wouldn’t have given Rodgers or players as much credit but we’ve got to hope haven’t we? We need to hope there is something clicking to give ourselves a chance.

Good post buddy and of course you’re right. It’s about ‘hope’ at the end of the day. Under Rodgers it was felt we had none, under Smith et al, it’s felt we do.

I just find it fascinating how different slants are provided to ‘things’ based on this. 
It’ll be an exciting run in, if nowt else.

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The team Man City played in the second half is still miles better than anyone we have left to play. 

I've said this as well, those whinging that Man City were coasting haven't grasped that a Man City side making changes and cruising are still miles better than Leeds, Everton, Wolves and West Ham.

• Like 2