Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Man City Post Match

Soy must have banged Brendan's Mrs for him to be left out the way he was. No way did his performance warrant the treatment he has had. 

What makes me optimistic for the rest of the season is we had 10 shots! 4 on target. Under Brendan in the last 10 games there's been games we didn't even get a shot on target, sorry if that makes me a happy clapper and defender of the management team, but we have suffered some dross and I'm happy to see us having a go. If we can apply the attitude and willingness to get forward in the remaining games, we score goals, and it's been a while since I felt we would be scoring goals (plural). 

Let's push on and pull off the great escape II. 

Encouraging 2nd half. Yeh Man City took their foot off the gas, but we pressed them and if Maddison scores that good chance we’d have had a grandstand finish.

Ndidi’s mistakes keep costing us, Souttar and KDH both look really poor and I would like to see 2 up front against weaker sides.

For all that they blow hot and cold, yesterday was more evidence that we need to start Iheanacho and Soyuncu, and that the treatment of them from Rodgers was extremely poor.

Hopeful if not confident about the Wolves game. It needs to be our West Ham from 2015.

18 hours ago, Hitesh said:

Aside from the first 20 mins..we had one BIG difference...INTENT! Take that into the Wolves game and we can get something from it 

...Man. City having taken their foot off the gas encouraged us to come forward and try to establish some sort of foothold in the game!!!

Noticed with a flat back 5 only one player was going to close down with another player behind him as opposed to looking to crowd the player out. Ndidi hand ball was hard to understand why his hands were in that position as he was the player behind the player supposedly closing down Grealish. I can only suspect that he was in two minds as the cross was made.

4 hours ago, old koppite said:

I agree. It puzzles me why these people think that the Man City subs ( or replace that with any top team we play if we have a good spell against them after they’re leading) don’t think to them selves “ here’s my chance, I’m going to show the boss why I should be first choice” . So the obvious conclusion is that despite the sub’s efforts, our players actually matched them , or believe or not (but some on here would never accept it) played better than them !  
It’s a Leicester default mentality thing; revert to being sceptical! 

...conversely they could be thinking, we are 3-0 up and well on top, it would be embarrassing if we lose or draw this!!!

If we had finished the chances, we would have been the team more likely to win, because they would be thinking negatively as opposed to being empowered by their prior situation. 

You could feel their crowd becoming concerned as it seemed the game had not totally been put to bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc-fan1126 said:

I'd like us to try the 343 shape again vs wolves,I think we generated a lot of good chances vs man city

Maybe that's due to us being more direct and not rodgers ball

If we play like that vs wolves we should win

...would this mean the midfield 4 would have Wingbacks or are we using actual midfielders in this instance!!!

No guarantees that we have players in all the right positions if using a midfield 4.

I would rather a 4-3-3,  much more easier to implement and comfortable for the players.

4 hours ago, Balders65 said:

Well this young lad got in early and was letting everyone know his feelings even before kickoff. Face obscured for privacy reasons. 😂IMG_4628.thumb.jpeg.628b084a7f462c71657a1e66632d915e.jpeg

Thought it was a guess who from the old Question of Sport programme, was going to say Harvey Barnes 🤣

• Haha 1

N’didi pulling out of that tackle on the half way like with De Bruyne was disgraceful. But KDH under hit that pass. It should never have been a 50/50 in the first place. 

Both players really need to step it up for the run in. We need the old Wilf back. And KDH is on borrowed time at the moment. If he doesn’t improve soon we should sell. Hate to say it cause I like the kid but he had a real lack of quality at times. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

N’didi pulling out of that tackle on the half way like with De Bruyne was disgraceful. But KDH under hit that pass. It should never have been a 50/50 in the first place. 

Both players really need to step it up for the run in. We need the old Wilf back. And KDH is on borrowed time at the moment. If he doesn’t improve soon we should sell. Hate to say it cause I like the kid but he had a real lack of quality at times. 

I’ve said elsewhere we have no choice but to keep plugging away with KDH. The team has absolutely no energy without him. 

Ndidi on the other hand is not a problem that’s going to solve itself. He needs dropping at least for the next few games. We have a ready made upgrade in a Mendy available.