Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Man City Post Match

5 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Just seen the highlights. Is anyone else convinced that Soyuncu's header was a penalty.

We only get to see one angle in the replay.  If it was down the other end of the pitch you would have 8 different angles to look at in high fps slow motion, to help identify the one view that might make it look like it hit a bit of the arm. 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

We only get to see one angle in the replay.  If it was down the other end of the pitch you would have 8 different angles to look at in high fps slow motion, to help identify the one view that might make it look like it hit a bit of the arm. 

When will us Leicester fans realise every team is allowed to use their biceps, elbows etc accept Leicester!

Buendia before he set up the villa goal, Fofana sticking out and elbow to block a shot on goal, Dawson powering a devastating forearm smash when he was playing for West Ham, KDB also doing a Fofana from a free kick, Ben Mee making a great block with his elbow in his Burnley days.

I kno I’m going a bit far back but it does seem we get no luck with theses decisions. If I’m being honest I think this hand ball shout wasn’t one and not as clear as the Fofana and KDB ones which were similar. This lads arms was down his side and I didn’t see him move his arms towards the ball like the other two I mentioned but he defo did block it with him arm.

5 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

When will us Leicester fans realise every team is allowed to use their biceps, elbows etc accept Leicester!

Buendia before he set up the villa goal, Fofana sticking out and elbow to block a shot on goal, Dawson powering a devastating forearm smash when he was playing for West Ham, KDB also doing a Fofana from a free kick, Ben Mee making a great block with his elbow in his Burnley days.

I kno I’m going a bit far back but it does seem we get no luck with theses decisions. If I’m being honest I think this hand ball shout wasn’t one and not as clear as the Fofana and KDB ones which were similar. This lads arms was down his side and I didn’t see him move his arms towards the ball like the other two I mentioned but he defo did block it with him arm.

The ironic thing about the KDB incident you mention is that we were penalised in the same game for the same offence. Could not make it up.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

No. The arm was down by the players side and they're correctly not given. 

The commentator said the ball hit the defenders side. VAR agreed but the ball was on target and I thought it hit his arm. Just the interpretation always goes the way of the "big" teams.

Same with Ndidi and Maguire.

4 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

The commentator said the ball hit the defenders side. VAR agreed but the ball was on target and I thought it hit his arm. Just the interpretation always goes the way of the "big" teams.

Same with Ndidi and Maguire.

The commentator was wrong, but even if it did hit his arm, it still wouldn't have been a penalty because the arm was down by his side. Not in an unusual position and not making his body bigger. 

Ndidi's was 100% a penalty. His arm was up in the air. 

I get the conspiracy because every season several times there are controversial calls, seemingly always in favour of the big sides. But for those 2 calls from Saturday, there's nothing wrong with them. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The commentator was wrong, but even if it did hit his arm, it still wouldn't have been a penalty because the arm was down by his side. Not in an unusual position and not making his body bigger. 

Ndidi's was 100% a penalty. His arm was up in the air. 

I get the conspiracy because every season several times there are controversial calls, seemingly always in favour of the big sides. But for those 2 calls from Saturday, there's nothing wrong with them. 

I doubt we would have had the Ndidi penalty awarded to us via VAR if it was the other way around.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 12:57, PaulW said:

Just remind me.....how many shots on goal did Vardy manage?

It wasn't a comparison with Vardy, he's a spent force. Nacho's shot success is something like 12%. Aside from that run in 2021 he's inconsistent at best all the stats back that up.