Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Man City Post Match

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

WOW

Rodgers vs palace

Shots against 31
Shots for 3

Now vs Man City

Shots against 12
Shots for 10

First away team to have higher XG this season at etihad. (just revealed by sky presenter)

This is important to show that we have improved we played better against a completely different class of opponent

• Like 1

Just now, Claridge said:

Wilf at fault for all 3, pathetic closing down of stones. Disgrace if he starts next/any game

Sadly you’re right - he’s just so far off it at the moment he shouldn’t be put in harms way by being played. 

I can see an argument for bringing him back for the Everton game when set plays will be a big deal but wolves and Leeds should be pappy 

• Like 2

Just now, iancognito said:

True but he's so wasteful. Getting in positions is great but you've got to finish chances. He needs 4 to score 1.

It’s a confidence thing, and due to his banishment following Chelsea he probably has little. Tbh had he hit that ball further inwards of the goal, Ederson would have saved it. Nacho is not only the most likely to score, he’s also the best technical player when coming into midfield.

9 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Man city 2.06 xG - LCFC 2.22 xG so who are the real winners here? 

But if we’re looking for positives that’s the first time this season an away team has had an higher xg than them. Personally I’m just happy to see that at last we’ve got an xg after a match.

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Wilf at fault for all 3, pathetic closing down of stones. Disgrace if he starts next/any game

made way to many individual errors this season Mendy should be starting ahead of him, much more composed

Edited by whoareyaaa

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The last 25-30 minutes was fantastic. Just shows what having midfielders that can take and pass the ball does! KDH cannot play again.

I know Man City took of their biggest players, but the side that finished the game for them is still world class.

Have to take the positives and work our arses off in the build up to Wolves which is now the biggest game the club has played since the Cup final 

Praet HAS to come in for KDH surely?

Mendy for Ndidi, Kelechi for Vardy.

Just depends whether Barnes is fit or not.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Give it rest mate. 

At least he scored and looked the most likely too of the 3 strikers TBH. And did the most with his pitch time. 

There's nothing to give a rest. Had the same issue when we played Saints. Doubt people will be so forgiving if he does that against Wolves. We dominated from about 60 mins just massively disappointed we didn't grab an unlikely bonus point.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It’s a confidence thing, and due to his banishment following Chelsea he probably has little. Tbh had he hit that ball further inwards of the goal, Ederson would have saved it. Nacho is not only the most likely to score, he’s also the best technical player when coming into midfield.

Don't disagree. He starts ahead of Vardy for me but I just wonder whether we try to get Daka around him so there's not as much pressure on him to be the goal threat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Some ridiculous comments here that man city given up at 3 nil, we could have given up too, but we kept going,we scored, hit the post, had one saved and two other good chances, which was more than we did against Bournemouth on our own ground.

Edited by southfox66

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

But if we’re looking for positives that’s the first time this season an away team has had an higher xg than them. Personally I’m just happy to see that at last we’ve got an xg after a match.

Yes no I completely agree we were much better second half another day at least 1 or 2 of those Preat, maddison, nacho chances go in and it's a different game. 

That second half gave me hope 

Was always going to be a tough weekend but at least we've managed to come out with only a 2 goal defeat. 

Not for the first time game is over before we start to play and come away thinking we've not played too badly. Massively helped by Man City not being sure how to approach the second half. 

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Don't disagree. He starts ahead of Vardy for me but I just wonder whether we try to get Daka around him so there's not as much pressure on him to be the goal threat.

Oh yes, I would deffo play 2 up top or play daka as a wide player in a 4-3-3 if we’re attacking, the beauty is nacho can come into midfield so they switch around

Edited by splinterdream