Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Man City Post Match

Missed the first 15 minutes as I was out, but the longer the game went on, the more positive it felt. Man City did ease up, but it was so refreshing to see us actually battling to the end of a game, given how many times we've given up towards the end under Bodgers. There were some great chances towards the end, we could have easily had another goal or two had we finished better / had a touch of luck / got a penalty decision in our favour for once.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Missed the first 15 minutes as I was out, but the longer the game went on, the more positive it felt. Man City did ease up, but it was so refreshing to see us actually battling to the end of a game, given how many times we've given up towards the end under Bodgers. There were some great chances towards the end, we could have easily had another goal or two had we finished better / had a touch of luck / got a penalty decision in our favour for once.

And meThank God, Well Done Boys you won the 2nd Half. 

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

There's nothing to give a rest. Had the same issue when we played Saints. Doubt people will be so forgiving if he does that against Wolves. We dominated from about 60 mins just massively disappointed we didn't grab an unlikely bonus point.

I'll stick by my comment..he was the best of the 3 and has been when compared to our other strikers in the other games he's played as well.  At least he's actually having attempts at goals in this and other games he's played. Vardy and Daka are way behind him on that front. 

So you having a dig just because he missed one that on another day could easily have snook in, is a tad unfair. At least he's trying.

Also without being to much of a killjoy, we dominated because Man City took their foot off the gas,yes we were better but if we had scored a 2nd they would have just planted their foot down and gone up a gear just to keep us at arms length.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can't believe the amount of people falling for the 2nd half performance. Man City literally got bored of pumping us.

Yes but you’re missing the point. We rallied and pulled together and that’s something we’ve been missing. It’s not much but it’s better than nothing.

16 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Martin Tyler & Alan Smith were a complete joke on commentary today.

Patronising us for not trying to outplay Manchester City. Saying City had harder training sessions in the week. Saying there was no positives for dean smith until the last 10 mins.

Tyler needs to retire & Smith is always weirdly negative about us.

Weirdest bit was when they were pretending that the atmosphere was amazing. One rendition of Blue Moon and the two of them were gushing, even though the fans were pathetic for that game.

43 minutes ago, iancognito said:

How many chances can Nacho miss? Despite the first half we could have actually had a draw if he puts his chances away. Second time he's cost us points with shit finishing.

This is unfortunately true, look at the bright side, at least with Nacho we seem to get to chances.

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Kolo has got some fecking huge balls to be stood on Sky tv criticising Leicester’s defensive organisation like he wasn’t responsible for it for literally years. Clown. 

He was crap then and he's still crap. I wouldn't worry about it.

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Kolo has got some fecking huge balls to be stood on Sky tv criticising Leicester’s defensive organisation like he wasn’t responsible for it for literally years. Clown. 

To be fair to Kolo I don’t think he was/is aware that he was responsible for our defensive organisation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'd bring Barnes in for KDH and go 3412 with Barnes up front with Nacho. 

I love Harvey. But weirdly,.I might keep him ilon the bench..And introduce second half either as a hail Mary or,.if winning,.as a counter attacker.tonfinish them off..

Our situation means we HAVE to try and stay in games at.all costs,. meaning a more all round midfielder or.a.doible pronged attack 

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I'll stick by my comment..he was the best of the 3 and has been when compared to our other strikers in the other games he's played as well.  At least he's actually having attempts at goals in this and other games he's played. Vardy and Daka are way behind him on that front. 

So you having a dig just because he missed one that on another day could easily have snook in, is a tad unfair. At least he's trying.

Also without being to much of a killjoy, we dominated because Man City took their foot off the gas,yes we were better but if we had scored a 2nd they would have just planted their foot down and gone up a gear just to keep us at arms length.  

Not disagreeing about the killjoy sentiment BUT for our momentum in the next game/run in that will be HUGE.

Imagine we had Rodgers here and the game just casually went on to finish 3-0 - NO positives to take away and focus on.

Whilst you could easily name 2/3 things such as how much more threatening our corners looked like when actually attacked them?

Positive substations such as Mendy, Kelechi (lesser extent Praet) which have a very good claim to start the next game.

Definitely things to build on, which is what it’s all about for where we find ourselves.

48 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the important point is that we created chances to score 4 goals against man city. 

Under Rodgers and SAS that was never happening

He had two good chances. Scored one, hit the post with the second one (not a simple shot). He would have had a third great chance if Madders had passed instead of shot.

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

This now 9 defeats and 1 draw in 10 games. I have seen nothing to suggest that we can win 4 of the last 7.

Shouldn’t have switched off at half time 

• Like 3