Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If we win both games then I suggest FT fundraises to keep you there for a bit longer 

Also got a decent record when I miss games so might double down on the good luck charms lol 

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I fear you're right, we have to attack wolves, we need capable attacking wide players and Thomas isn't it, only hope is that Thomas wad under instructions not to pass the half way line, because he offered no assistance or overlap to Barnes. If it has to be Thomas, we have to play a back 4 with Praet on left wing, he did cover there for a short spell and looked effective 

You make an interesting point. I think some forget or didn't even know that Thomas was a winger/sometimes forward before due to injuries and having impressed in training with the first team squad at fullback for cover, he came into the team in a fairly unfamiliar position. 

From where I sat, you could often see Rodgers gesticulating for him to either stay back or get back. I think he's a young player who does precisely what he's told because to not do so, particularly under Rodgers, like others,  you probably wouldn't get selected again. The point is that at least at some time in his past, he has played in a more attacking role though how good he was I don't know as I never used to was the academy play or train.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The point is that at least at some time in his past, he has played in a more attacking role though how good he was I don't know as I never used to was the academy play or train.

...I  wasn't aware of his origin as a winger, it goes to prove why he was so good going forward and put in whipped crosses with quality!!!

That has dropped off and we do not see that quality or confidence in his play anymore, yet in the really big games, he comes good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Iversen

Ricardo

Faes

Souttar

Cags

Kristiansen

Tielemans

Mendy

KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho

Or maybe that’s absolutely dogshit. I’ve completely lost the plot. I don’t know anymore. 

playing 2 attacking players against poor teams we need to beat is a wild idea idea indeed. Naming a man who's apparently out for more than a couple of weeks (Ricardo) is as well :D

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

playing 2 attacking players against poor teams we need to beat is a wild idea idea indeed. Naming a man who's apparently out for more than a couple of weeks (Ricardo) is as well :D

I’ve checked out. I don’t even know who’s fit or not any more. Can’t be arsed. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve checked out. I don’t even know who’s fit or not any more. Can’t be arsed. 

:D

I'm just ready for this season to end, At this stage i'm not even bothered what league we're in next year. I just want a fresh slate and some new players to love and hate :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Barnes is out I think Daka has to play, we lack any verticality otherwise and if Daka's playing Iheanacho has too as well.

Daka         Iheanacho  

Maddison

KDH      Ndidi    Tielemans

Kritiansen  Cags  Faes     Ricardo

Bon Iver

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If Barnes is out I think Daka has to play, we lack any verticality otherwise and if Daka's playing Iheanacho has too as well.

Daka         Iheanacho  

Maddison

Bon Iver

Ricardo is very much injured 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Daka         Iheanacho  

Maddison

Bon Iver

Aye. Probably this but Castagne in for Ricky. 

On 16/04/2023 at 11:40, Tommy Fresh said:

Genuine question what's changed your mind since posting this? Because these are very contrasting views so curious, with Evans not playing what's changed. Is it just other options haven't impressed?

20230416_113408.png

A week’s a long time in football!! 😂

• Haha 2

This is winnable but with our form , outplaying them is unlikely. We need to outfight them and as they are a bit more comfortable now , that is possible. No passengers allowed 100% commitment for 90 minutes is required. Anybody shirking and Smith hooks them.

Edited by An Sionnach

On 15/04/2023 at 20:52, Chrysalis said:

I can see why Vardy was picked for the last game, perhaps a combination of he did ok in forward play build ups and his past history, but I do agree with the sentiment it should be Nacho with Maddison just behind.

Definitely iheanacho for me. 

Daka has not shown enough for me and I'm losing hope he ever will. 

Nacho, despite the odd game where he couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, has at least shown he can do it fairly consistently but old Teflon tits dropped him whenever he had a bad game imo, and seemed to only play him begrudgingly when the other 2 were undeniably shit. 

I think nacho is our man, and if he felt confident he was our main man, I reckon he could get even better than the best we've already seen so far. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

On 18/04/2023 at 00:47, Gamble92 said:

I'm glad Rodgers is gone, but I think some of you would blame him for your wife leaving you.

Just now, ramaiya2 said:

heard he is doubtful for the Wolves game, hamstring injury i think

Had that been true, I'd have taken him for a pint and demanded his contract be extended!

• Haha 1