Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

I'd imagine Neves comes back in for us in place of Gomes, even though our midfield has looked very good the last two games. You have to play your best players. If he goes away from 4-4-2 to get them all into midfield however, in some kind of 4-3-3 then we'll definitely struggle/lose. 

............................... Sa

Semedo..... Dawson..... Kilman..... Toti

Nunes........ Neves....... Lemina.... Sarabia

................... Costa......... Cunha

Cunha drops off and plays more of a No.10, and the two wide players are slightly narrower and try and get forwards around Costa. 

Edited by The Bear

Guest Mee-9
49 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

don't want to worry anyone, but no Madders in the training vid or the training photos :ermm:

I think he needs dropping in favour of Praet.

He's been woeful. 

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Somebody needs to start holding this medical team accountable. Not only is the volume of injuries an obvious concern, but the lack of transparency over timeframe is a bigger issue.

It has been a recurring theme for about two years now. Players get injured (we can all accept that) but it’s just the constant “Player X” will not be available for Saturday and no indication as to how long it will be. 

Our players seem to get fairly generic injuries and then you don’t see them for weeks. I just don’t understand it. Barnes is a prime example, it has happened about three times now.

All started to go tits up when Rennie was booted because of….. oh yea, Rodgers. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'd imagine Neves comes back in for us in place of Gomes, even though our midfield has looked very good the last two games. You have to play your best players. If he goes away from 4-4-2 to get them all into midfield however, in some kind of 4-3-3 then we'll definitely struggle/lose. 

Cunha drops off and plays more of a No.10, and the two wide players are slightly narrower and try and get forwards around Costa. 

You have a nasty piece of work (Costa) and we're too nice.....i know which i'd choose for a win now!

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

All started to go tits up when Rennie was booted because of….. oh yea, Rodgers. 

Went from minimal injuries with Dave Rennie to major injury problems after Dodgy Rodgers got rid of Dave Rennie, incompetence of the highest order what a waste of space that bloke was anyone who disagrees with him or upset him by questioning his tactics etc were either dropped or got rid of Top should have listened to the medical staff !

• Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 10:42, ceebeefox said:

Agree with this , ManCity’s centre halves were popping up everywhere, Faes Souter and Cags have shown in the past they can bring it out and join in.

Have you learned nothing from the last 18 months of trying to get our players to play like man city. 😱

On 16/04/2023 at 10:48, Mark said:

If Mendy and Praet are the answer then I dread what the question is. 🤦‍♂️

"Who is the least shit of our current shitty bunch of shitting shithouses?" 

I happen to think they could very well be the answer this weekend. And Mendy til the end of the season. 

Praet certainly better than putting one of our 2 woefully out of form attackers on the pitch thinking 2 strikers will be the answer, regardless of who the 2nd is.  (and also better than shit Tetê, but if its a toss up there I'd let Tetê play to see which one turns up.) 

And also a damn sight better than shoehorning Barnes in up front as a repeat of failed experiment take 3? 4? Some games he can barely do it out wide when the full back forgets he's there. Not quite right to do it against the hairy arsed builders of defending, in the middle. (imo) 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

Guest Fox99

I’ve wondered if DS will go for a back five again and for a home match like this I would have been sceptical of that. However, without the width of both Ricky.P and Barnes that kind of system probably makes more sense (granted sometimes it’s a necessity to play certain formations due to who is in the squad). An added benefit of a narrower system is it allows for two strikers. This isn’t always possible with two out wide, although width might still be an issue. 

Edited by AlexFT

Wolves likely to play a narrow 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 so although I could see us sticking with a back three to deal with two attackers, I'd match them up.

Iversen

Castagne

Souttar

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Mendy

Tielemans

Tete

Iheanacho

Maddison

Daka

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

I’ve wondered if DS will go for a back five again and for a home match like this I would have been sceptical of that. However, without the width of both Ricky.P and Barnes that kind of system probably makes more sense (granted sometimes it’s a necessity to play certain formations due to who is in the squad). An added benefit of a narrower system is it allows for two strikers. This isn’t always possible with two out wide, so although width might still be an issue it’s swings and roundabouts. 

Tell me what do we do with width, nobody attacks the line and pulls it back, and even if they did we don't have strikers who can take advantage. The obsession with inversion has meant our so called wide men always want to cut in. We would be better off playing a diamond if we go four at the back. Sooner or later the Mahrez curse must be removed , it was a one off , it is never going to happen again.

Edited by An Sionnach

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

...that team reads like a Portuguese menu!!!

Just needs the pictures and English transactions are we golden.

On 16/04/2023 at 11:14, Pliskin said:

Need to be positive. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tete in from the start, and potentially Daka too? 

Iversen 

Castagne      Soutter       Soyuncu   Krtistiensen 

Youri          Praet 

Tete             Maddison          Barnes 

Daka

Four huge games coming up, and I’ve just got a feeling we will go for them, four cup finals, four wins. That would be the dream, and it’s going to take that to sort us out.

Daka as our lone striker in our next 4 games just fills me with relegation. 

On 16/04/2023 at 11:40, Tommy Fresh said:

Genuine question what's changed your mind since posting this? Because these are very contrasting views so curious, with Evans not playing what's changed. Is it just other options haven't impressed?

20230416_113408.png

@Col city fan admit it, you're one of those "men" that have a joint Facebook page and she's seen you spend a lot of time on here and demanded your login. Should have said no at Facebook then she wouldn't be on here making you look like a plum. 😂😘

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only caveat I'd add here is the academy has suffered as much, if not more with serious injuries. Somethings afoot.

It could be that the 1st team training methods and workloads have been replicated across the academy. Rodgers admitted he wanted all the academy teams to mirror the 1st team in terms of playing style and that could extend to training. 

• Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 12:00, The Bear said:

Another thing that makes this game vitally important for you is that after this match you play Tuesday, Monday, Monday, Monday. You'll be playing catchup over everyone else and if they get points on the board then it's even more pressure to get results in those winnable games. 

Even more worrying for us is when they all lose and we just need to beat turd to move up multiple places. That is our speciality 😭

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Daka as our lone striker in our next 4 games just fills me with relegation. 

Same would be the case with Vardy and Iheanacho. It has failed time and time again, they are not , Benzema , Kane or Haaland.  Kelechi tries but his first touch let's him down too often. It simply has to be two strikers - somehow.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Same would be the case with Vardy and Iheanacho. It has failed time and time again, they are not , Benzema , Kane or Haaland.  Kelechi tries but his first touch let's him down too often. It simply has to be two strikers - somehow.

Opinions, I'd rather play nacho on his own consistently now and sort the rest. He has done it but does not get forgiven a bad game or 2 because the rest have been so shite imo.