Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

On 15/04/2023 at 20:09, whoareyaaa said:

Iversen

Castange Faes Soy Kristensen(or Thomas)

Mendy

Youri                            Preat 

Maddison

Nacho          Daka

this

• Like 1

Iversen 

Big Dan         Soutter          Soyuncu   

Castagne        Youri          Mendy.     Kristiansen.               

Maddison 

Nacho.           Daka 

• Haha 1

Really trying to get up for this but still struggling with the after effects of the Bournemouth match. One more match of walking down the West Stand gangway steps watching away fans celebrate with their team will push me over the edge. C'mon City, don't do this again. I'll do my best. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It could be that the 1st team training methods and workloads have been replicated across the academy. Rodgers admitted he wanted all the academy teams to mirror the 1st team in terms of playing style and that could extend to training. 

Possibly. I presume the issue with Rodgers training methods over managers who still demand exceptional fitness and pressing in games is that they lighten the load in how they train between games. The fitness work in pre-season will be brutal but then once that base is in then the sports science team are relied upon to put together a process to maintain fitness but not absolutely break them. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
44 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

@Col city fan admit it, you're one of those "men" that have a joint Facebook page and she's seen you spend a lot of time on here and demanded your login. Should have said no at Facebook then she wouldn't be on here making you look like a plum. 😂😘

I’ve got one or two mates who have got joint FB pages! 
Luckily I ain’t one of them.

😂

I'm going to this first game since Brighton 2-2 at home which we somehow contrived to drop points at yet again. It did spark a 3 game winning run after that game (including Fa cup), so 10 points from 12 would be ideal, if a win is not possible Saturday.

We need to have a go, simple as that. 4 at the back for me also.

Iversen 

Castagne Souttar Cags  Thomas 

Mendy   Tielemans 

Tete      Iheanacho   Madders

Daka

On 16/04/2023 at 19:07, BenTayfour said:

All scenarios are even it will be:

30% WIN

40% DRAW

30% LOSS

The middle ones not the same as the top and bottom. Just so's you know. 

You can tell because one of them looks different. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

Wolves have 3 wins out of the last 6, and are unbeaten in 3. They beat Chelsea and Bentford without conceeding in the last two games, and had a 1-1 draw against Forest. We have lost 9 out of our last 10 matches, and the 10th was a draw vs Brentford. Wolves don't score many, but generally get at least 1 goal per game.

On the form books, Wolves win in a game with no more than 3 goals.

We need to hope that Deano can find at least 2 goals from our misfiring attack, and help one of the worst defences in the league from conceding any more than one goal, and ideally none. I don't imagine it will be a open match. It 100% comes down to whether the new manager bounce is enough to grind out a 2-1 win against a relatively in-form Wolves team who still haven't escaped the threat of relegation themselves.

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Is he living at Seagrave lol

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in around the Quorn area, with the likes of Tielemans living there currently and Inler too in the past.

Edited by Wymsey

Guest Fox99
13 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Tell me what do we do with width, nobody attacks the line and pulls it back, and even if they did we don't have strikers who can take advantage. The obsession with inversion has meant our so called wide men always want to cut in. We would be better off playing a diamond if we go four at the back. Sooner or later the Mahrez curse must be removed , it was a one off , it is never going to happen again.

Fair enough. Partly felt DS was going to go for five at the back for this one anyway. He likes Soyuncu (now back in the fold it’s safe to assume), and then not sure DS would drop either of Souttar or Faes. As touched on in the previous post, for this game I was slightly wary of us playing three centre-backs and the formation which goes with that. However, with no Barnes or Ricardo who can also offer that wide outlet, the system will again require adaption and imagine it will be close to the Man City setup (without being as defensively minded as that).

Edited by AlexFT

Wasn't it said when they initially took over that they stayed over in the hotel rooms there? He's been posting stories on Instagram from what looks like a hotel room balcony in the early mornings, so assume he's still there. Not sure if the others are though.