Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

I need a defender in my fantasy draft league and ours are probably the only viable options to pick from but the uncertainty is making this a real roulettes pick. the only nailed on player (tim) has already been taken. 

Really haven’t got a clue who’s starting at cb  and vk doesn’t seem safe either. 

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I need a defender in my fantasy draft league and ours are probably the only viable options to pick from but the uncertainty is making this a real roulettes pick. the only nailed on player (tim) has already been taken. 

Really haven’t got a clue who’s starting at cb  and vk doesn’t seem safe either. 

I’d guess Soy? But aye it’s not 100%. 

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Bertrand at left back would be absolutely hilarious. Imagine if he comes in and smashes it for 7 games. All forgiven?

So long since he’s played I genuinely can’t remember whether he was lamentable on the pitch or he’s getting pelters for contributing nothing and coining it 

9 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Wolves have 3 wins out of the last 6, and are unbeaten in 3. They beat Chelsea and Bentford without conceeding in the last two games, and had a 1-1 draw against Forest. We have lost 9 out of our last 10 matches, and the 10th was a draw vs Brentford. Wolves don't score many, but generally get at least 1 goal per game.

On the form books, Wolves win in a game with no more than 3 goals.

We need to hope that Deano can find at least 2 goals from our misfiring attack, and help one of the worst defences in the league from conceding any more than one goal, and ideally none. I don't imagine it will be a open match. It 100% comes down to whether the new manager bounce is enough to grind out a 2-1 win against a relatively in-form Wolves team who still haven't escaped the threat of relegation themselves.

I was talking to a Wolves season ticket holder earlier this week.  He says that with the way they are playing at the moment, and the way we are playing, they should wipe the floor with us.

9 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I was talking to a Wolves season ticket holder earlier this week.  He says that with the way they are playing at the moment, and the way we are playing, they should wipe the floor with us.

Any clubs below 10th are extremely hit and miss…..

People seem to forget that we went on a sequential winning streak prior to the World Cup.

Unless you’re one of the top 6 teams nothing is certain.

This team has quality in it, but we’ve long forgotten about it thanks to our former manager. On our day we’re more than capable of taking any team outside the top 6 apart. That’s what Smith needs to tap into.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

So long since he’s played I genuinely can’t remember whether he was lamentable on the pitch or he’s getting pelters for contributing nothing and coining it 

He played in one of the europa league home games (think it was spartak Moscow) and he was dreadful. Couldn't even run. I remember him having the ball in the oppositions half and he ended up just kicking the ball out for a goal kick. He was absolutely useless. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I wouldn't blame anybody for thinking they could beat us based on our recent form. We've been horrendous.

However, we have the players to get out of it and we've shown a couple of times this season that we can put runs together. It's notable that our previous two bounces this season have come after new arrivals - first after Faes/Knudsen, and second after Souttar/Kristiansen/Tete. The squad seems to respond well to new blood being brought in. Will Smith/Shakespeare/Terry bring enough of a bounce to keep us in the division? We'll find out soon enough, but at the very least I'm expecting us to give Wolves a much tougher game than we would have done just a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

If we perform like we did in the second half against Man City then I can see us winning. 

The next week will essentially determine whether we stay in the division or not. I think most fans have made peace with the idea of relegation after a truly dreadful season, but a win against Wolves might just be the catapult we need to pick up enough points to survive. Whatever happens, our failures this season need to serve as a crucial learning experience for the club's management - spot an apple when it's rotting and throw it out.

Seeing Smith and Co revitalise the energy around training and the club overall is great, even if it's come too late in the season. But the sad truth is that the fans knew all along that this group of players have togetherness and are capable of competing with the best. 7 games is still 21 points - I'm glad we've got a little bit of hope left to cling on to... 

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

They got 4 put past them by ****ing Leeds the other week, and drew 1-1 with Forest. They're in better form than us, but we shouldn't be scared of them, especially at home.

• Like 3