Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I like the back 3 of Faes Soutter Soyuncu, our 2 wide CB’s are decent on the ball and can pick good passes plus it’ll allow us to have 2 up front with Maddison behind! Go for this Deano!

Iversen

Faes Soutter Soyuncu

Castange Mendy Tielemans Kristiansen

Maddison

Nacho Daka 

The two question marks over this are:

What's Kristiansen like at LWB?

Can Soyuncu play well in a back three? (He's been absolute bobbins in this position in the past. We all seem to have forgotten this, during his exile)

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Can Soyuncu play well in a back three? (He's been absolute bobbins in this position in the past. We all seem to have forgotten this, during his exile)

It’s either Kristiansen or Thomas, I can see DS going with Thomas after his comments.

Faes and Soyuncu, even Soutter can pick out passes, just as long as we’re not tippy tappy at the back and look to go forward quicker I don’t see why these guys can’t do well. For me Soyuncu has all the ingredients to be a top CB and even a wide one with his pace and technique.

I think we gotta go for this, we only have one winger available unless he sticks Maddison on the left wing and Tete on the right.

• Like 2

Many of us feel it’s already too late, but surely this really is the last-chance saloon? Maybe not mathematically, but certainly realistically. We have to win at least four games. This just has to be one of them. “Not losing” will always be in a manager’s mind, but this is now about winning. That must impact selection?? Whilst we can’t be wide-open, the emphasis has to be on attack. 3-4-1-2 for me. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

It’s either Kristiansen or Thomas, I can see DS going with Thomas after his comments.

Faes and Soyuncu, even Soutter can pick out passes, just as long as we’re not tippy tappy at the back and look to go forward quicker I don’t see why these guys can’t do well. For me Soyuncu has all the ingredients to be a top CB and even a wide one with his pace and technique.

I think we gotta go for this, we only have one winger available unless he sticks Maddison on the left wing and Tete on the right.

Agreed, but if neither of them can play it, then you have to abandon wing backs. 

Also agreed, we have no wingers (you need one for each side, lol. They come in pairs!) then you could play a diamond, and still retain two up front.

I can't stand playing square pegs in round holes. I think it's the route of all our problems tbh

Select the formation, that we have the players available for:

4-4-2 Diamond:

Iversen

Castagne   Faes/Soyuncu   Souttar  Kristiansen

Mendy

Tielemans   Praet/KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho  Vardy/Daka

Edited by FoxinNotts

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Agreed, but if neither of them can play it, then you have to abandon wing backs. 

Also agreed, we have no wingers (you need one for each side, lol. They come in pairs!) then you could play a diamond, and still retain two up front.

I can't stand playing square pegs in round holes. I think it's the route of all our problems tbh

Select the formation, that we have the players available for:

4-4-2 Diamond:

Iversen

Castagne   Faes/Soyuncu   Souttar  Kristiansen

Mendy

Tielemans   Praet/KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho  Vardy/Daka

I do like this system but I’m worried about our vulnerability at set pieces and Mendy covering the gaps for our full backs who will have to bomb forward to provide width. I’m not sure if we have the fitness or defensive nouse to put our fires when we lose possession hence why I’d like the see a back 3, 2 of which have good pace for CB’s in my opinion.

• Like 1

2-1 win. There. I've gone and said it!

We go behind.

Shit ourselves.

Have to hang in there a bit. It's extremely nerve racking.

Big Harry Souttar with an equaliser just before HT.

Second Half we come out firing.

Different game.

Iheanacho with 79th minute winner. Cool finish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BenTayfour said:

Pre-World Cup / Post-World Cup tables.

Wolves have came a long way while we took a freefall.

RDT_20230421_1000373858290050988659094.jpg

RDT_20230421_100040219739503276252085.jpg

So the Villa and Spurs double header accounts for over half of our goals, and three quarters of our points since the World Cup lol yikes.

I feel weird about this game. It felt like everything was on Bournemouth and since then I’ve lost a lot of belief we can do it. Even with the new manager, I just think a lot of players are already relegated in their own head. If we win, then it’ll change everything you feel. Suddenly Leeds looks winnable as does Everton and you can be more or less safe. Has to be a win though. Hopefully terry has sorted the defence out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

We go behind.

Shit ourselves.

Different game.

I'm not sure if this team has it in them to come from behind and win - The Villa and Spurs performances are distant memories and the team has no leadership or back bone 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

We go behind.

Shit ourselves.

Different game.

Have to say, I see it the other way round.

I think we’ll come out firing and go a goal up.

Then we’ll have to hang on.

Given this scenario, IF Wolves then equalise, we’ll shit ourselves and possibly lose the game.

Expect us to be on the front foot right from the off. It’ll then be about quality. Have we got it or do Wolves have more of it.

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I feel weird about this game. It felt like everything was on Bournemouth and since then I’ve lost a lot of belief we can do it. Even with the new manager, I just think a lot of players are already relegated in their own head. If we win, then it’ll change everything you feel. Suddenly Leeds looks winnable as does Everton and you can be more or less safe. Has to be a win though. Hopefully terry has sorted the defence out. 

I came out of the Bournemouth game feeling like that. I felt we were a little unlucky against a good Villa side. We deserved a draw there, but Bournemouth outplayed and bullied us. I really thought the bounce was going to start at the Bournemouth game but we were miles off it.

I came out convinced we were done. 

However, since then I've bought into the new management team and especially John Terry. I am convinced we come out tomorrow and win pretty convincingly.  

• Like 2

I don’t think he will go back three at home. I’ve got a feeling it will either be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Iverson

Castagne 

Soutter

Cags

Kristiensen 

KDH

Mendy

Youri 

Tete

Kelechi

Maddison 

or midfield forwards of;

Mendy

KDH

Tete

Youri

Maddison

Kalechi. 

He will want to play on the front foot I’d imagine any try to get Tete in where he can. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I came out of the Bournemouth game feeling like that. I felt we were a little unlucky against a good Villa side. We deserved a draw there, but Bournemouth outplayed and bullied us. I really thought the bounce was going to start at the Bournemouth game but we were miles off it.

I came out convinced we were done. 

However, since then I've bought into the new management team and especially John Terry. I am convinced we come out tomorrow and win pretty convincingly.  

I’d love that, I think it’ll be tight though as they are really well organised. I just feel this team let’s you down constantly so try not to get my hopes up haha 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

.. I would think playing him centrally in the back three would curb his anxiety regarding engaging the attacker or holding his position!!!

I still belive we need to go to a 4-3-3  for the rest of the season with or without Barnes. I hope the new manager is not falling for the "...Barnes is not available, let's find a system we are not familiar with, until he comes back," philosophy. 

It is not about individuals, it is about the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I like the back 3 of Faes Soutter Soyuncu, our 2 wide CB’s are decent on the ball and can pick good passes plus it’ll allow us to have 2 up front with Maddison behind! Go for this Deano!

Iversen

Faes Soutter Soyuncu

Castange Mendy Tielemans Kristiansen

Maddison

Nacho Daka 

I feel like i have a part time job where i scan through every match thread to tell people you don’t need a dm when playing 5 atb 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

...are we making assumptions again, regarding his role in the backroom!!!

30 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d love that, I think it’ll be tight though as they are really well organised. I just feel this team let’s you down constantly so try not to get my hopes up haha 

We all have to consider this a reset. The fans and players all have to go there Saturday with a completely different mindset. For the last few months Brendan had persisted with Rodgers ball under the mental guise of 'everything is going to be just alright' as long as we had some control of games. We saw that filter through to Madders in twitter etc. Its clear the mindset was fundamentally wrong.

Personally, i think the last minute goal against Villa knocked the stuffing out of them. If it had stayed 1-1, i think we would have gone the rest of the season with SaS playing a variant of Rodgers ball.  The Bournemouth game had to happen.  It needed something like that to let the likes of Madders / KDH etc realise we were in the poo big time. 

For me, the big test tomorrow is how the players react to the change. A single player isn't just going to sort this (looking at you Madders). They are going to have to work as a unit and work to each other strengths. For too long Rodgers relied on his favourites to dig him out of trouble, but now we need to dig ourselves out as a team. Its been disjointed for a long time - can they do it? Its going to be interesting for sure.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I feel like i have a part time job where i scan through every match thread to tell people you don’t need a dm when playing 5 atb 

Good point tbf. Genuinely never seen you say this before!

Only thing is KDH is having a bit of a shite time of it atm, so would probably put Mendy in there with Youri anyhoo 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We all have to consider this a reset. The fans and players all have to go there Saturday with a completely different mindset. For the last few months Brendan had persisted with Rodgers ball under the mental guise of 'everything is going to be just alright' as long as we had some control of games. We saw that filter through to Madders in twitter etc. Its clear the mindset was fundamentally wrong.

Personally, i think the last minute goal against Villa knocked the stuffing out of them. If it had stayed 1-1, i think we would have gone the rest of the season with SaS playing a variant of Rodgers ball.  The Bournemouth game had to happen.  It needed something like that to let the likes of Madders / KDH etc realise we were in the poo big time. 

For me, the big test tomorrow is how the players react to the change. A single player isn't just going to sort this (looking at you Madders). They are going to have to work as a unit and work to each other strengths. For too long Rodgers relied on his favourites to dig him out of trouble, but now we need to dig ourselves out as a team. Its been disjointed for a long time - can they do it? Its going to be interesting for sure.

It’s a fascinating game because if there is no reaction at all then we can safely safe these players an are a bunch of ******* that don’t care. I actually think they do care but just are so stuck in a rut. It’s just when the game requires a bit of mental toughness when we need to be strong, im not convinced we have it in us. Hopefully new management have installed a bit of toughness that comes from confidence as well of course. It’s a fascinating game.