Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

reading what smith has said about wilf, i think he plays tomorrow

seems that the new coach is basing a lot on our team from 2021 and pretending the last two seasons didnt happen .....

Given how much that bunch of players have deteriorated under Brndan ball, it's maybe a good gamble to put your faith in them getting back closer to 2021 form under new management.  I think confidence is the key to that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Probably banking on the fact that it was shit management from Brendan, rather than all of those players inexplicably turning shit. He could be onto something.

Cags was just blanked so not difficult to bring him in 

but wilf is genuinely suffering from chronic poor form and massive loss of confidence - that isn’t solved with a nice chat ..

in addition, vards is two years older and has gone over that hill 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Given how much that bunch of players have deteriorated under Brndan ball, it's maybe a good gamble to put your faith in them getting back closer to 2021 form under new management.  I think confidence is the key to that.

I agree but I don’t think there is time for them to play themselves back into form and confidence 

1 minute ago, stevostadium said:

Smith initially said he would be ok for Wolves. I think a lot is to keep the opposition guessing but IMO we wont be seeing him for few weeks

If I remember correctly, he said Barnes will be 'touch and go' for Wolves, not actually ready.

I think he'll be back in the squad on Tuesday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

reading what smith has said about wilf, i think he plays tomorrow

seems that the new coach is basing a lot on our team from 2021 and pretending the last two seasons didnt happen .....

To be fair, most of us are trying to :whistle:

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Daka as our lone striker in our next 4 games just fills me with relegation. 

He needs to be part of a 2 man pairing with Nacho to feed the balls through, Rodgers has ruined this lad if he’d had more game time & with Vards help he could of been immense for us they way he destroyed I believe it was Red star Belgrade with those 4 goals then Rodgers started to bench him more than play him!

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Cags was just blanked so not difficult to bring him in 

but wilf is genuinely suffering from chronic poor form and massive loss of confidence - that isn’t solved with a nice chat ..

in addition, vards is two years older and has gone over that hill 

Wilf needs a kick up the Arse fault for all 3 Man City goals can’t afford to have a misfiring cannon in this relegation battle!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Smith initially said he would be ok for Wolves. I think a lot is to keep the opposition guessing but IMO we wont be seeing him for few weeks

In Man City pre-match press conference he said that Barnes would be touch and go for Wolves

Then yesterday he said he is already back out on the grass training, but it is still a risk to play him against Wolves, so he will be training on Sunday and be ready for Leeds

So I expect we will see him on Tuesday against Leeds

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Probably banking on the fact that it was shit management from Brendan, rather than all of those players inexplicably turning shit. He could be onto something.

I just don't buy this at all. Ndidi has never been very good with passing the ball, being creative, forward thinking, what he was good at was running around like a demon, intercepting, winning the ball back, his demise has culminated due to what looks to me like putting in sub par performances. Now you can say that's due to lack of fitness, or BR telling him to run less, but inevitably it's Ndidi that makes the decisions. BR dropped Ndidi because he was crap, his mistakes last week wasn't due to BR training, it was lack of concentration and focus and giving up in a challenge.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

In Man City pre-match press conference he said that Barnes would be touch and go for Wolves

Then yesterday he said he is already back out on the grass training, but it is still a risk to play him against Wolves, so he will be training on Sunday and be ready for Leeds

So I expect we will see him on Tuesday against Leeds

Especially as he always seems to score against Leeds!