Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I prefer realistic. Bloody fools. It’s these sort of fans that love the ownership for giving them a donut, and can’t see what’s actually happening.

lol 

Some people are still positive that we can turn it around, and until its impossible we can.

Just because some people have faith, doesn't make them "yes men" with the failings elsewhere in the club. 

FWIW, Bournemouth was 2 weeks and a full new coaching team change ago. 

18 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Pessimistic? Did you see the Bournemouth game? People think after Man City took off their best players, took the foot off the gas massively that a second half against City means the whole world is rosy again.

I prefer realistic. Bloody fools. It’s these sort of fans that love the ownership for giving them a donut, and can’t see what’s actually happening.

Wake up and smell the coffee. 

You can recognise that the second half against Man City regardless of the personel they had on the pitch might have gave the players a bit of a confidence boost. It doesn't mean you're happy with the ownership currently, or think we'll absolutely romp to safety.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

I’m in a camp where I’m not seeing this one as ‘must win’ from a points perspective. Psychologically though, a win here would do wonders going into the next couple of games. I wonder whether a draw might just be the end for us in terms of belief we can do it. I guess a lot might come down to other results.

I’m pretty nervous, but excited

Kind of mirrors my thoughts. Essentially we need 7 points from the next 3 games, and I would say it’s more essential to get 6 from the two after this one. But we are at home, it’s the first one since the three amigos arrived, perfect opportunity to start the upwards trajectory.

• Like 1

Been saying to everyone I know 

"We need to win this week else that's it" 

I'm starting to feel like a parrot 🤣 

How on earth we are even still in with a shout of survival is a miracle 

But here we are again 

Please lads, please, for all things holy, let this be the week 

This season up to date has been dreadful. But I think we'll have a decent performance today and we'll create some chances, I've really liked the sound of Dean Smith from his interviews, and I hope his enthusiasm and belief has rubbed off on the players and we see them playing with freedom. Defensively obviously we've been one of the worst teams, but Soyuncu is now back in the frame, I'm hoping that will help. We're not dead and buried and there's still everything to play for. The problem is the pressure is ON and we need a calmness and composure if we get in good positions. I want to see Nacho and Daka starting up front. Tielemans pulling the strings and Maddison producing the magic we know he's capable of. 2-1 win. Foxes never quit. 

Iversen

Castagne Soyuncu Souttar Kristiansen

Tielemans  Mendy   KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho  Daka 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

This season up to date has been dreadful. But I think we'll have a decent performance today and we'll create some chances, I've really liked the sound of Dean Smith from his interviews, and I hope his enthusiasm and belief has rubbed off on the players and we see them playing with freedom. Defensively obviously we've been one of the worst teams, but Soyuncu is now back in the frame, I'm hoping that will help. We're not dead and buried and there's still everything to play for. The problem is the pressure is ON and we need a calmness and composure if we get in good positions. I want to see Nacho and Daka starting up front. Tielemans pulling the strings and Maddison producing the magic we know he's capable of. 2-1 win. Foxes never quit. 

Iversen

Castagne Soyuncu Souttar Kristiansen

Tielemans  Mendy   KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho  Daka 

I think this team has the right balance for today. 

• Like 1

I actually have a good feeling about today.  I think for once, we will actually turn up. Literally every single player has a point to prove after a disaster of a season and yet somehow we are still in with a half decent chance of survival if we can pull a few results out the hat.

Man City was never going to give us anything regardless of the effect that the new manager / coaches produced in the first week of their training.

I genuinely think we will get a win today because I think for the first time in absolutely yonks, the fight will be there. 

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

For the love of God, and it is nothing personal, but if Dean said he wants aggressive football with us demanding possession, then please do not start Ndidi. All things Dean said so far indicates he will be played, but we cannot afford one let alone the 3 mistakes-conceding goals he made last week. If we need to let our attacking players play, you need a steady hand in Mendy who can cover the back four well but also provide an extra outlet in midfield to help us get the ball up. We cannot have anyone, anyone, in any position going into hiding, let alone the linkup player (DCM) between our defence and midfield.

If we start Ndidi - he will be a big drain on the rest of the team.

This is the only thing I ask.

You can even start Nacho on the bench if you like even though he should be starting, but Ndidi is a NO-NO.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Pessimistic? Did you see the Bournemouth game? People think after Man City took off their best players, took the foot off the gas massively that a second half against City means the whole world is rosy again.

If these bloody fools can have some blind optimism and somehow manage to create a decent atmosphere that drags the lads over the line for 3 points today then I'm more than happy for them to not see what's happening.

Poor Mee, Poor Mee, Poor Mee another coffee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I actually have a good feeling about today.  I think for once, we will actually turn up. Literally every single player has a point to prove after a disaster of a season and yet somehow we are still in with a half decent chance of survival if we can pull a few results out the hat.

Man City was never going to give us anything regardless of the effect that the new manager / coaches produced in the first week of their training.

I genuinely think we will get a win today because I think for the first time in absolutely yonks, the fight will be there. 

Hope so. At least if we go down, go down fighting. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If these bloody fools can have some blind optimism and somehow manage to create a decent atmosphere that drags the lads over the line for 3 points today then I'm more than happy for them to not see what's happening.

We're gonna win 2-0

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Bit in the same breath what about the winning streak prior to the World Cup, what about the thrashing’s is Villa and Spurs? You can’t measure the Bournemouth game, we had no leadership. 

We will find out today ultimately where we are at. I standby that this team has got quality in it, it’s been subjected to a manager who lost all motivation and simply wanted out…. There are major issues at the club, but there’s enough in this squad to win the next four games….. because we’ve done it once already this season. 

The league swings like a pendulum game to game, Leeds have just conceded ten goals in two games and look dreadful, yet they could probably go and beat Fulham today fairly easily. Look at Southampton? They took a 3-1 lead at Arsenal……

If Smith can tap into the quality we have, there’s no reason why we can’t go on a winning run.

A win today can put us in 17th, then we’ve got two of the biggest games in our recent history, with Leeds and Everton…. If we can put a run together at the right time, it could change the complexion of the relegation battle.

You can’t even say “where can you see the next win coming from”, because we didn’t look like going on a run prior to the World Cup, but we did, we didn’t look like scoring 8 goals in two games against two top teams, but we did.

Don’t write this team off yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squidsworth said:

Don't care how many wolves score, as long as we score one more! The defence is poo when we defend so hope they just go for it today (no point trying to fix it now), get on the front foot from the off, shoot at every opportunity, give us poor suffering supporters something to bloody cheer for a change.  C'mon u foxes, never quit!

'Foxes never quin' is more like it 😂

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

“I didn't even want it, Sophie bought it for me, I asked for a coke.”

• Haha 2