Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

I'm simply more optimistic because it's our first game under a new regime against a winnable opponent. I imagine that's the basis for anyone else here that's accused of thinking everything is rosy again. 

That said, a poor performance with a defeat and I'm done lol

I reckon this thought vibrates over the Terrasses,over the TV waves,world wide fans on holdidays,beach or trekking our national forests…closed doors behind the sofa,

under the pillow and those who have gone to see auntie Agatha,with the wife..

Flip of life, we are all hoping this new regime,writes us a new story…

Today is my 40th Aniversary,so we will be drowned out by all round celebrations,with me & my son having an eye on match updates..

11 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

We were done along time ago 

Prove me wrong but I can't see us getting out of this mess.

Hate to agree but I'm with you. We were down when we lost to Southampton. 

People clinging onto some great escape and turn around in fortune don't give enough credit to the leaders on the pitch we've lost over the years. Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Schmeichel, Albrighton all gone. Vardy tries his best to enthuse the squad but he can't do it all on his own and we all know he's passed his best. Making Maddison captain is a ridiculous thing to do. Not doubting his passion but he already looked like he had the world in his shoulders and was/is carrying this team. Making him captain just adds to the pressure and his spark is disappearing under it.

I hope I'm wrong, of course I do, but I just can't see us turning it around enough and all other results going the way we need them to.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Would be great to eat these by a good clear margin and send a message to the others in the battle that we haven’t given up yet.

So we're resorting to cannibalism now? If you can't beat 'em eat 'em, I like it! :P

• Haha 1

There’s the optimism of a fresh team in charge but there’s also a deep down feeling that we have just left it too late. 

Never an easy game against Wolves and I can’t see today being any different. 

2 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

A draw isn't a disaster . We have to beat Leeds and Everton . So 7 points from the next 3 is a recovery which should have us out the bottom 3. On current form we have no chance of this so need a massive improvement 

A draw isn’t the worst result, IF Forest, Everton and Leeds don’t pick up wins.

Everton and Leeds are humongous games!

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

This is about where I'm at. 

I believe, as I have all season, this squad is much better than everyone - especially Rodgers - gave it credit for and his undermining their belief has been our biggest problem. 

We've got all the resources we need to win enough remaining games to get well clear. 

But if we're abysmal again today and go out with a whimper then I'm just going to believe too much damage has been done to be fixed without a summer break tbh and I'll be preparing mentally for relegation. 

I feel very different. I think people have completely built up this squad into something more than it is. Something I said very earlier into the season.

The table doesn’t lie. Our goals conceded was always going to wreck us. Defensively we are abject.

Of course, it’s a very twee thing to say as it absolves the players of any responsibility and places it all at the feet of Rodgers.

If Smith et al turn this around now it’ll be because they’ve quickly been able to go back to basics, would have stoped trying to impose a style of play onto players who aren’t able enough to do it and would have made us harder to score against.

This squad is bang average at this level. Whether we stay up or go down it’ll look very different next season either way.

Edited by Col city fan

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

A draw isn’t the worst result, IF Forest, Everton and Leeds don’t pick up wins.

Everton and Leeds are humongous games!

I think we need a win today so that we can allow to draw one of those massive games.

Piling on the pressure to need to win both of those is the last thing we need.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

I'm simply more optimistic because it's our first game under a new regime against a winnable opponent. I imagine that's the basis for anyone else here that's accused of thinking everything is rosy again. 

That said, a poor performance with a defeat and I'm done lol

For perhaps the first time ever, I'm not looking forward to the team selection. Yes, you're right, it should be a winnable match, but we've had some of those lately, apart from the Man City game,  and flopped. If Deano+crew can turn this around they'll deserve a great extended contract.

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I have to say my confidence in getting a result today is dented now knowing Vardy is starting as a lone striker.  At least Smith showed he isn’t afraid to pull him at half time. I guess that leaves us 45m to get the win we desperately need. 

Your joking, he's starting vardy again?

1 hour ago, FoxOfMelton said:

If Vardy starts over Nacho we might as well forfeit 

If Vardy starts, we need 2 up front. He simply can't do it on his own anymore.

Still hopeful (or stupid) we can pick up 3 points today and 3 points against Leeds :whistle::fc:

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hate to agree but I'm with you. We were down when we lost to Southampton. 

People clinging onto some great escape and turn around in fortune don't give enough credit to the leaders on the pitch we've lost over the years. Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Schmeichel, Albrighton all gone. Vardy tries his best to enthuse the squad but he can't do it all on his own and we all know he's passed his best. Making Maddison captain is a ridiculous thing to do. Not doubting his passion but he already looked like he had the world in his shoulders and was/is carrying this team. Making him captain just adds to the pressure and his spark is disappearing under it.

I hope I'm wrong, of course I do, but I just can't see us turning it around enough and all other results going the way we need them to.

This is not even close to a great escape scenario. We just need to win a few games against the weaker sides we're playing and we'll climb away.

I'm not saying we will, but if we survive it won't be a great escape it will be a team finally playing to their ability.

• Like 1