Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

I see Tielemans is back in the side just in time to spank one in from 30 yards against us as per feckin usual. 

We've played well in the last two games though, so we'll come into this with a bit of confidence and form. Finally settled on a 4-4-1-1 formation with Cunha playing off Costa and Nunes in a wide right free role. 

Neves is back from his suspension and  Lopetegui has a decision to make as Lemina/Gomes have played excellently together in his absence. 

It'll be interesting to see what Smith does in a winnable home game. His final time at Villa was spent setting up defensively to keep them up after being forced to switch from a more attacking setup. 

Edited by The Bear

Just now, The Bear said:

I see Tielemans is back in the side just in time to spank one in from 30 yards against us as per feckin usual. 

We've played well in the last two games though, so we'll come into this with a bit of confidence and form. Finally settled on a 4-4-1-1 formation with Cunha playing off Costa and Nunes in a wide right free role. 

Neves is back from his suspension and  Lopetegui has a decision to make as Lemina/Gomes have played excellently together in his absence. 

Think you guys are out of trouble already so let's hope you slip up against us 🤞

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Think you guys are out of trouble already so let's hope you slip up against us 🤞

In your favour is that we've only won two games away from home, and both of them have needed us to come from behind to win 2-1 (Southampton and Everton). 

Score against us and you have a great chance of a result. 

• Like 2

Guest Fox99

Hope the club and Union FS can sort out a display for this one. First home game for our new manager, we need to deliver for him and the players. It goes without saying how important this and every game is from now on in.

Edited by AlexFT

Interesting comment from dean smith in the presser when asked about soyuncu “our outside centre halves in the second half were really committed and aggressive.” 

Is that our indication that he maybe didn’t rate Souttars performance as much? Seems unusual to not just say the centre halves. 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Interesting comment from dean smith in the presser when asked about soyuncu “our outside centre halves in the second half were really committed and aggressive.” 

Is that our indication that he maybe didn’t rate Souttars performance as much? Seems unusual to not just say the centre halves. 

Maybe he sees them as having different roles in the system.  He has seen a lack of aggression in our defending and his solution to that is to have two outside center halves that are aggressive and less aggressive central player that provides more positional cover and in Soutter offers Arial protection too?!  

First is what I meant to see if everyone was fit.

Second is what I think we will see. I can't see them not starting Vardy in the first home game since being appointed, Smith rates Thomas and Cags in the post match well. He kept Wilf on until the 86th minute so I think he sticks with him. VK got the early hook and Smith was not positive in the post match.

Screenshot_20230415_145152_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230415_150029_Chrome.jpg

Edited by LCFC_Iceland

12 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Maybe he sees them as having different roles in the system.  He has seen a lack of aggression in our defending and his solution to that is to have two outside center halves that are aggressive and less aggressive central player that provides more positional cover and in Soutter offers Arial protection too?!  

perhaps. I just feel like things like that can be a slip of the tongue on your true feelings though. 

I think our goal showed exactly why we should have souttar on the field. That’s his 3rd huge chance since joining. You know he’s going to stick one or maybe even 2 in if he plays every game. He’s just so much bigger than everyone else 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LCFC_Iceland said:

First is what I meant to see if everyone was fit.

Second is what I think we will see. I can't see them not starting Vardy in the first home game since being appointed, Smith rates Thomas and Cags in the post match well. He kept Wilf on until the 86th minute so I think he sticks with him. VK got the early hook and Smith was not positive in the post match.

Screenshot_20230415_145152_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230415_150029_Chrome.jpg

if you’re right…. Smith Out!!! 

• Haha 1

As long as we don't start Vardy I think we have a chance to get points in any game.

If you start him or bring him on now days we might aswell play with 10 men.

Best thing he can do is hang his boots up at the end of the season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

In your favour is that we've only won two games away from home, and both of them have needed us to come from behind to win 2-1 (Southampton and Everton). 

Score against us and you have a great chance of a result. 

We have lost more points from winning positions than any other club this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I cannot understand, if Barnes does not play then Tete doesn't play!!!

It is as if Rodgers hasn't left the club. We had any Tom Dick or Harry playing on the right with Barnes in the team, and now he is out, we are looking to exclude a Winger for no good reason. Why not put Praet, KDH or even Maddison out wide on the left and give Tete his role on the right playing a high tempo game, high up the pitch. If it turns out he is poor in this setup, then leave him out of the team and stick him on the bench for the remaining 7 games.

We do not have the luxury to drop players because Barnes does not make the squad, we had him in the team when he has been ineffective and we found someone to play on the right. Let's give Tete the same opportunity.

To be fair, I really want to see Tete given an opportunity so I agree with what you say. Perhaps Maddison to the left of a front 3 with Tete on the right and Nacho down the middle? I really hope Barnes is back so we can have genuine width with him left and Tete right.

Just go for it attack for 90 minutes, we need to win this game, we need to win.

Today and tomorrow are key; hoping Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool tomorrow do the business for us next weekend could be crucial if we get out of the bottom three depending on other teams results.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I think we need to see 45 mins with him as a 2 with Nacho. If that doesn't work, play  Daka the rest of the season.

Vards is shot. He’s permanently offside and then even when he gets past the keeper from an offside position he misses an open goal as we saw yesterday . His touch has also gone . Not sure Daka is the solution even …, maybe Barnes or Tete more central if we don’t go with wingers ?