Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

Just now, Swiss Fox said:

Vards is shot. He’s permanently offside and then even when he gets past the keeper from an offside position he misses an open goal as we saw yesterday . His touch has also gone . Not sure Daka is the solution even …, maybe Barnes or Tete more central if we don’t go with wingers ?

If Barnes was fit next Saturday, I'd definitely give him a look as a striker. He has to be in the team, an if we play the 3-5-2 there isn't space for him in the team other than as a striker, and I agree he's more use to the team than either Vardy or Daka.

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Hopefully the back 5 was just a one-off to keep the score respectable away at Man City. If we play a back 5 at home to Wolves we'll deserve to be relegated.

Why? It doesn’t have to be a defensive formation, you can utilise it with centre backs getting forward and joining the attack, it also allows us the best chance to get some width in the team with injuries and even the personnel we have. Under Rodgers I’d agree but Smith likes his teams to play progressive football if he sees 3 centre backs as the best option I’m all for it.

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Why? It doesn’t have to be a defensive formation, you can utilise it with centre backs getting forward and joining the attack, it also allows us the best chance to get some width in the team with injuries and even the personnel we have. Under Rodgers I’d agree but Smith likes his teams to play progressive football if he sees 3 centre backs as the best option I’m all for it.

I'm fully behind Smith but I'm not sure Norwich fans would agree with you there 

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm fully behind Smith but I'm not sure Norwich fans would agree with you there 

They might not but the stats for them up until the Christmas period had them as one of the highest ranked teams in the championship for playing progressive passes in the championship, also had them creating a large number of chances but not being clinical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big game for DS the Team, and fans, a good win here, at home, is the start of a good run, some real hope we can stay up, if we dont win this, it will be soul destroying, and likely the consequence, will be Championship football next season such a crucial match.

• Like 2

Start Soyuncu, Mendy, Iheanacho in a 2, Maddison central. 

We need a decent spine of a team, and this above is a start. 

I think we can definitely create more and attack more with the formation and players we ended with last night. 

There's a lot of sentimental value in playing Vardy these days, but that's it. Impact sub at best. He shouldn't be starting any more. 

• Like 1

So the 2nd half was better yesterday, but for me looking at that starting line up yesterday I can only really see 5 I think will definitely start for this. Iverson, Cags, Tielemans, Maddison and Castagne (only because we don't have many fit full backs/wing backs). A lot of open places, I'd like to see Mendy and Nacho in the team.

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Agree with this , ManCity’s centre halves were popping up everywhere, Faes Souter and Cags have shown in the past they can bring it out and join in.

2 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

Mendy, Nacho, Cags, Iversen will all be key to getting us to safety .  And all 4 are players that Brendan refused to play . Such a total and utter  numpty . Hard to forgive him . 

Also Preat no disrespect to KDH but Preat is a better player and should be starting ahead oh him for the remaining games, KDH and Vardy can be used in the last 20/25 to see out the games.

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Also Preat no disrespect to KDH but Preat is a better player and should be starting ahead oh him for the remaining games, KDH and Vardy can be used in the last 20/25 to see out the games.

Why do we keep going back to Praet needs to come back in, he was spent as he usually is after 10 minutes and that was against a much weakened Man City midfield by that point. He hides and does nothing to affect games.

If Mendy and Praet are the answer then I dread what the question is. 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Why do we keep going back to Praet needs to come back in, he was spent as he usually is after 10 minutes and that was against a much weakened Man City midfield by that point. He hides and does nothing to affect games.

Praet is better on the ball than KDH and offers more imo.

And Mendy is also more composed on the ball than Nididi who has made countless errors this season.

The 2nd goal was caused by KDH and Nididi's lack of composure.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I like KDH but I think he's showing some inexperience the second half of this season.

Right now Praet maybe the better option, not because he's a better player but he's less likely to make the mistakes KDH is.

Love Vardy to bits, but Nacho definitely the better option to start from now on.

There was a time I'd have classed N'didi as our most important player, but Mendy has consistently looked better this season when playing.

As for those bemoaning the prospect of playing 5 at the back, I don't like the formation, but if Barnes isn't fit we may need to use it to give us width.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Praet is better on the ball than KDH and offers more imo.

And Mendy is also more composed on the ball than Nididi who has made countless errors this season.

Mendy is another one of those players that plays well 1 in 10 or in dead rubber games - see the end of last season. I think we need to ditch the DM and just play our best players and hope for the best now. Nothings working. Ndidi, Mendy, Soumare are all hopeless more often than not.

Iversen

Ricardo/Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristensen/Thomas

Tielemans KDH

Tete Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho/Daka

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

It’s just due to so few choices I guess?

And clutching at straws.

All this chopping and changing of the first team is also no good at this point.

Like the GE under Pearson, we need to pick a first team, and a formation.. and stick with it. It’ll either work or not.

From what I’ve seen, in terms of just footballing ability, our two best CB’s are Cags and Evans. If fit, get them in and play them till the end.

Same for the CM’s. Combine Mendy with KDH. And stick with it.

If we are playing lone striker, get Nacho in and stick with him.

Smith needs to decide on his best team and play them. Praet isn’t in that 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It’s just due to so few choices I guess?

And clutching at straws.

All this chopping and changing of the first team is also no good at this point.

Like the GE under Pearson, we need to pick a first team, and a formation.. and stick with it. It’ll either work or not.

From what I’ve seen, in terms of just footballing ability, our two best CB’s are Cags and Evans. If fit, get them in and play them till the end.

Same for the CM’s. Combine Mendy with KDH. And stick with it.

If we are playing lone striker, get Nacho in and stick with him.

Smith needs to decide on his best team and play them. Praet isn’t in that 

Evans lol he's been out of action for months

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mendy is another one of those players that plays well 1 in 10 or in dead rubber games - see the end of last season. I think we need to ditch the DM and just play our best players and hope for the best now. Nothings working. Ndidi, Mendy, Soumare are all hopeless more often than not.

Iversen

Ricardo/Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristensen/Thomas

Tielemans KDH

Tete Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho/Daka

I agree that we probably don't need a DM in there .. that team would be good but I would still swap KDH for Preat.

Would love to see that team at home for sure.

Edited by whoareyaaa