Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Wolves (H) Pre-Match

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Itā€™s just due to so few choices I guess?

And clutching at straws.

All this chopping and changing of the first team is also no good at this point.

Like the GE under Pearson, we need to pick a first team, and a formation.. and stick with it. Itā€™ll either work or not.

From what Iā€™ve seen, in terms of just footballing ability, our two best CBā€™s are Cags and Evans. If fit, get them in and play them till the end.

Same for the CMā€™s. Combine Mendy with KDH. And stick with it.

If we are playing lone striker, get Nacho in and stick with him.

Smith needs to decide on his best team and play them. Praet isnā€™t in thatĀ 

Very inconsistent. You say pick your best and stick with it, but pick KDH who has been below par for a while, Evans who hasnā€™t started for ages, this is just.picking historic favourites which will send us down. Agree on Mendy, defence is more variable and we will need to be flexible 3 or 2 CBs. Cags was a very pleasant surprise (too me anyway) but itā€™s one game, letā€™s not hail him the messiah just yet. Chopping and changing is inevitable if we want high tempo has Rodgers lack of intensive conditioning has left us low on intensity late in games.

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mendy is another one of those players that plays well 1 in 10 or in dead rubber games - see the end of last season. I think we need to ditch the DM and just play our best players and hope for the best now. Nothings working. Ndidi, Mendy, Soumare are all hopeless more often than not.

Ā 

Iversen

Ricardo/Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristensen/Thomas

Tielemans KDH

Tete Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho/Daka

Iversen

Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristensen

Tielemans Praet

Ā  Tete Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho

Ā 

Solid team tbf, wouldn't mind seeing that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Iversen

Tielemans Praet

Ā  Tete Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho

Ā 

Swap Mendy for Praet, that's a decent team

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Very inconsistent. You say pick your best and stick with it, but pick KDH who has been below par for a while, Evans who hasnā€™t started for ages, this is just.picking historic favourites which will send us down. Agree on Mendy, defence is more variable and we will need to be flexible 3 or 2 CBs. Cags was a very pleasant surprise (too me anyway) but itā€™s one game, letā€™s not hail him the messiah just yet. Chopping and changing is inevitable if we want high tempo has Rodgers lack of intensive conditioning has left us low on intensity late in games.

Literally going for the best players and keep saying ā€˜if fitā€™.

All those saying rely on Souttar and now Cags (also completely out of match fitness?), Souttar has been ever present in a run thatā€™s got us one point in about 30?

IF FIT, always play your most talented players. Evans is head and shoulders over any other CB at the club, ability wise.

Ā 

And how is Mendy in people's starting 11 he made 16 passes one tackle in our good half an hour.

Ndidi didn't make a single tackle, against man City when all we're doing is defending.

Ā 

We've got no defensive mids.

Ā 

We're going to have to play 3 at the back Souttar,Faes Evans with Cags in the John Stones CDM role. Next to KDH or Soumare and just pray.

• Haha 1

Need to be positive. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Tete in from the start, and potentially Daka too?Ā 
Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā IversenĀ 

Ā 

Castagne Ā  Ā  Ā Soutter Ā  Ā  Ā  Soyuncu Ā  KrtistiensenĀ 

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Youri Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā PraetĀ 

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Tete Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Maddison Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā BarnesĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Daka

Ā 

Ā 

Four huge games coming up, and Iā€™ve just got a feeling we will go for them, four cup finals, four wins. That would be the dream, and itā€™s going to take that to sort us out.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Literally going for the best players and keep saying ā€˜if fitā€™.

All those saying rely on Souttar and now Cags (also completely out of match fitness?), Souttar has been ever present in a run thatā€™s got us one point in about 30?

IF FIT, always play your most talented players. Evans is head and shoulders over any other CB at the club, ability wise.

Ā 

So now itā€™s Souttarā€™s fault and not Rodgers? I can barely keep up!
Ā 

Just seems like your definition of ā€˜most talentedā€™ is based on old data in the case of Evans, and yes Cags was best of the CBs yesterday but still had an unpunished brain fart which is wept under the carpetā€¦.

• Like 1

This will give us a much better insight Into how bad we really are.

Has Deano had any positive Influence in his short time here?

Where the players lost under BR?

Is there any hope for us now?

After this game it will answer alot of questions.

Ā 

Edited by Raj

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ā 

Just seems like your definition of ā€˜most talentedā€™ is based on old data in the case of Evans, and yes Cags was best of the CBs yesterday but still had an unpunished brain fart which is wept under the carpetā€¦.

Our run of horrendous form (with a team consistently playing Souttar, Faes and or Amartey) was borne out of many different factors. Putting all the blame at Rodgers door is convenient now. Itā€™s the easy thing to do, especially fuelled out of the fact he was sacked.

But the players have to take some blame. It wasnā€™t Rodgers who failed to mark opposition strikers to concede very late goals. It was Souttar.

It wasnā€™t Rodgers who failed to pass to Barnes, leading to conceding yet another ā€˜unnecessaryā€™ goal, it was Ndidi.

I wanted Rodgers out as much as the next person. But the players have been generally fookin dreadful since the World Cup.

IF we can get our best players back to fitness then play them. This includes, (imo), Evans, Soyuncu, Tielemans and Nacho.

Always play your best players if you can.Ā 
Thats not confusing I imagine.

Ā 

Edited by Col city fan

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ā 

Be arsed to dig it out, but I've definitely seen someone (no names) say perhaps Evans was the issue all along during our run of clean sheets.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Our run of horrendous form (with a team consistently playing Souttar, Faes and or Amartey) was borne out of many different factors. Putting all the blame at Rodgers door is convenient now. Itā€™s the easy thing to do, especially fuelled out of the fact he was sacked.

But the players have to take some blame. It wasnā€™t Rodgers who failed to mark opposition strikers to concede very late goals. It was Souttar.

It wasnā€™t Rodgers who failed to pass to Barnes, leading to conceding yet another ā€˜unnecessaryā€™ goal, it was Ndidi.

I wanted Rodgers out as much as the next person. But the players have been generally fookin dreadful since the World Cup.

IF we can get our best players back to fitness then play them. This includes, (imo), Evans, Soyuncu, Tielemans and Nacho.

Ā 

That;s because Brodgers picks duff teams.

Ā 

Ā 

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Iversen

Tielemans Praet

Ā  Tete Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho

Ā 

Youri not fit enough for me. Did a lot of pointing and passing the buck yesterday but contributed little really. Would rather have Mendy in from the start who guarantees a contribution.Ā 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

This will give us a much better insight I to how bad we really are.

Has Deano had any positive I fluence in his shirt time here?

Where the players lost under BR?

Is there any hope for us now?

After this game it will answer alot of questions.

Ā 

Eh ?Ā 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Genuine question what's changed your mind since posting this? Because these are very contrasting views so curious, with Evans not playing what's changed.

20230416_113408.png

This is brilliant šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ve been reading these forums for 10 years and he contradicts himself weeklyĀ 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Genuine question what's changed your mind since posting this? Because these are very contrasting views so curious, with Evans not playing what's changed.

20230416_113408.png

It's easier to say "I told you so" if you express every possible opinion :D

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ā 

.. it is amazing how poor we are at restarts!!!

Ā Big lead with points on the board, covid hits and we fall apart, we played well prior to the World Cup and poor again at the restart. Not sure what we do, or is said in between but we come back the worse for it.

• Like 1